52 phrases of Memories and special moments
Jul 16, 2021
Today we bring you a compilation of phrases of memories to make you remember moments, moments of your life and nostalgia. For those beautiful memories that are etched in human minds.
For these reasons, we bring you this article of phrases of memories to make you think.
- Related article: "70 phrases about time and the passage of life"
Phrases to remember about unique moments in life
In order to relive unique moments we must remember. Each of these memories are imbued with a great emotional charge that makes us feel as if we are immersed in the past scenario.
Without further delay, we begin the phrases of memories. You are ready?
1. Nothing fixes a memory so intensely as the desire to forget it (Michel de Montaigne)
If we want to get rid of a thought, we will most likely never get it.
2. Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you don't want to lose
Our fear of losing identity makes us cling to memories.
3. You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories (Stanislaw Jerzy Lec)
Memories remain even when we want to ignore them completely.
4. The memory of the dead is placed in the death of the living (Cicero)
A metaphorical phrase that has varied interpretations.
5. Every day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children (Charles R. Swindoll)
Everything we do will be remembered by our children in a few years.
6. Sometimes you don't know the true value of a moment until it becomes memory (Dr. Seuss)
Our unconscious reveals to us some details that we thought we had missed.
7. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything (Mark Twain)
The truth runs through our minds at an astonishing speed.
8. Yesterday is nothing more than the memory of today, and tomorrow is the dream of today (Khalil Gibran)
A great phrase to ponder.
9. The happiest memories are the moments that ended when they should have (Robert Brault)
A reflection applicable to any important moment in life.
10. We do not remember days, we remember moments (Cesare Pavese)
The Italian writer gives us this beautiful thought.
More phrases to remember
11. Pleasure is the flower that blooms; the memory is the perfume that lasts (Jean de Boufflers)
A beautiful poetic phrase about memories.
12. The memory of every man is his private literature (Aldous Huxley)
If there is something that cannot be taken from us, it is a memory.
13. There are memories that time does not erase. Time does not make the loss forgettable, only surmountable (Cassandra Clare)
Losses and phases of emotional grief are made more difficult by memories.
14. A calm conscience is often the sign of a poor memory (Steven Wright)
We all have hidden memories that we are not particularly proud of.
15. Memories are misleading because they are colored with the events of the present (Albert Einstein)
Memories are not 100% accurate.
16. The difference between false and true memories is the same as jewelry: it is always the false ones that seem the most real, the most brilliant (Salvador Dalí)
If you want, you can be fooled by your memories.
17. Memories, even bitter ones, are better than nothing (Jennifer L. Armentrout)
Another reflection that values the path of life, even with its obstacles and disappointments.
18. Remembering is easy. Forgetting is hard (Brodi Ashton)
Oblivion is extremely complicated.
19. Humans, not places, build memories (Ama Ata Aidoo)
Life is made up of little moments shared with great people.
20. No matter how much you've suffered, sometimes you don't want to let go of certain memories (Haruki Murakami)
Painful memories can be, in a way, comforting.
Reflections on beautiful memories that are never forgotten
When something leaves us a memory it is because it has touched our hearts. In the following reflections and famous quotes you will realize this.
21. When all is lost, the memory still remains
Do not give up, keep going despite the difficulties that you encounter along the way.
22. The memory is the diary that we all carry with us (Oscar Wilde)
A great responsibility and, at times, a psychological burden.
23. Keeping something that helps me remember you would be admitting that I can forget you (William Shakespeare)
Great people are never forgotten.
24. There will come a day that our memories will be our wealth (Paul Géraldy)
Identity is based on the set of memories that make up our selfconcept.
25. Life would be impossible if everything was remembered. The secret is knowing how to choose what to forget (Roger Martin du Gard)
The selective memory, our great ally.
26. Why do you return to my memory, sad memories of lost pleasure??? (José de Espronceda)
A lament that alludes to a lost love.
27. Certain memories are like mutual friends, they know how to make reconciliations (Marcel Proust)
Some thoughts have the ability to reconcile us with our past.
28. I know that I exist because you imagine me (Ángel González)
The existence of oneself based on the memory of a third party. Disturbing reflection.
29. To be able to enjoy the memories of life is to live twice (Marco Valerio Marcial)
Reliving experiences is almost as pleasant as living them.
30. Memory is the only paradise from which we cannot be expelled (Jean Paul)
The freedom of the mind is infinite.
31. The memory is the perfume of the soul (George Sand)
One of the best phrases that refer to our ability to re-experience sensations.
32. She doesn't need you. He has your memory, which is worth more than you (Alejandro Casona)
33. A trip is like marriage. The sure way to be wrong is to think that we are in control (John Steinbeck)
A phrase with a touch of humor about this kind of life experience.
34. Memory is a neighbor of remorse (Victor Hugo)
Remembering, many times, involves asking yourself: what would have happened if ???
35. The world is a book and those who do not travel only read one page (Saint Augustine)
Seeing the world enriches our mental life.
36. Our destiny is never a place, but a new way of seeing things (Anonymous)
The change of landscapes through which we pass makes us become another person.
37. Childhood is the dream of reason (Rousseau)
A phrase based on the emotional character of childhood.
38. The older we get, the faster memories seem to pass (Brian Sibley)
A simple phrase about a phenomenon that many people experience as they grow older.
39. Common memories are sometimes the most pacifying (Marcel Proust)
A reflection on shared cultural heritage.
40. The richness of life remains in the memories that we have forgotten (Cesare Pavese)
At the limits of our consciousness is a good part of what made us go through unique moments.
41. We naturally remember what interests us and why we are interested in John Dewey)
The selective memory it is a proven phenomenon.
42. Liars need to have a good memory (Algernon Sydney)
A reflection not without irony.
43. Nostalgia, the vice of the elderly (Angela Carter)
An elegant aphorism about nostalgia and its addictive nature.
44. We think of the future as anticipated memories (Daniel Kahneman)
The future is made up of elements taken from our memory.
45. When memories fade, can one really go home? (Floyd Skloot)
In a sense, memories are a home.
46. I love having my ghosts, and I love having my memories (Debbie Reynolds)
An elegant phrase that leaves a lot of room for interpretation.
47. You take your childhood with you (Tom Stoppard)
Each person carries with him elements of her life as a boy or a girl.
48. Take care of all your memories, you can't relive them (Bob Dylan)
Memories must also be cared for like plants so they don't fade.
49. The past cannot be changed but the future is in your hands (Anonymous)
The future offers us a whole repertoire of options.
50. Memory is the key to the past, but not to the future (Corrie Ten Boom)
Another way to urge you to look forward.
51. If you want to remember something, focus on your emotions (Jorge Belzunces)
The Spanish writer reinforces the idea that memories are closely linked to emotions.
52. The art of memory consists of distracting the bad to consolidate the good (John James)
One way to explain selective memory.
And this is the end of the article. I wish that they have served you to keep in mind those good moments that life has given us. I also recommend seeing these phrases for special people.
hope you liked it. Thank you for your attention!