The 75 best phrases of Natalie Portman
Sep 13, 2021
Neta-Lee Hershlag, commonly known as Natalie Portman, she is a famous Israeli-American actress born in the famous city of Jerusalem during the year 1981.
Currently Portman is one of the most desired actresses in the cinematographic world, because she is not in vain one of the few actresses who has won the 4 famous awards of the industry (Oscar, Bafta, Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award) an honor that only a few people throughout history have been able to match in their careers as interpreters.
- It may interest you: "60 movie phrases that marked the history of cinema"
The most famous phrases of Natalie Portman
Having had a long acting career it is very likely that all of us have seen even if she is only one of her films, but it is certainly much less likely that we know the most interesting features of her personality.
Because We have decided to make a selection with the 75 best phrases of Natalie Portman, some phrases with which you can discover a lot of anecdotes and interesting facts about this great actress.
1. Smart women love smart men more than smart men love smart women.
Women and men have different ways of loving and some of us also do it in a more intense way than others.
2. Cute is when a person's personality shines through in their appearance. Like the way they walk, every time you see them you just want to run and hug them.
Personality is much more important than physical appearance, no person can be truly considered attractive if her personality does not complement her physical appearance.
3. I always think that the most romantic books or movies are those in which romance doesn't happen, because it hurts a lot to watch.
Romanticism can be much more subtle than we think, sometimes even if it is not completely literal, as spectators we can realize it.
4. I tend to lean towards strong female stories. I want to do things that don't exist yet.
Portman is undoubtedly a woman of arms to take, no role ever intimidates her no matter how complex it may be.
5. I am not someone who sacrifices everything for the cinema, my life will always be more important.
Her facet as an actress is not the most important thing for her, her family and loved ones are and have always been the central axis of her life.
6. I love milk so much! I make it a point to drink a glass of milk every day. So anyone who made those milk mustache milk commercials, they're my heroes.
Milk is a very healthy food, something that could never be lacking in the diet of this well-known actress.
7. I don't think I've ever been in love, I'm sure that one day I will be. I've had great crushes, although I've never liked Brad Pitt.
Portman has never been carried away by the usual canons of beauty, for her an interesting man must possess many more attributes than a simple attractive physique.
8. I'm a Gemini so I change my mind every day.
Gemini represents duality and changes of opinion, a horoscope that, as we see Portman, fits like a glove.
9. When a boy tells me that I am pretty, it is not something desirable. Linda is more like what you want your pet to be.
As we can see, compliments about her beauty do not arouse sympathy on her part, she does not consider that as a woman they should value her simply for her pretty face.
10. Going to a party, for me, is as much a learning experience as, you know, sitting at a conference.
Having worked in film since the age of 13, she has never led a completely normal life. As we see this interpreter, she has not enjoyed very often during her life, what we commonly know as a simple party.
11. She was definitely different from the other girls... She was more ambitious. She knew what she liked and what she wanted, and I worked really hard. I was a very serious girl.
Portman was always very clear about her objectives and with time she would be able to fulfill them one by one.
12. I think every girl in the world wishes she were a Parisian girl, that kind of graceful confidence and effortless comfort in her own skin.
Some women simply project an out-of-the-box aura of self-assurance, a fantastic and attractive attitude that she too wishes she could possess.
13. It's always weird being a kid on set, because they treat you like an equal when you work. But then when you break up, the other actors go back to their trailers for naps and beer, and I have to go to school.
Actors who begin during their childhood live this profession in a very marked way, many of them over time they tend to move away from the stage due to the high pressure they are under. submitted.
14. Jasmine is the most delicate and beautiful scent.
As we can see, Jasmine is one of her favorite aromas, a very curious smell that everyone usually likes.
15. I loved school so much that most of my classmates considered me an idiot.
Portman knew very well that school was a place that gave him the opportunity to acquire more knowledge, something that would surely be very useful in the future.
16. She was, like, a cliché girl from the 80s. Obviously she had Barbies, as well as My Little Ponies and Cabbage Patch Kids, but she used to destroy them. I used to draw on their faces and cut their hair.
This actress lived a childhood as we see very common, she even had the same toys that at that time, most of the girls of the same generation had.
17. I do not intend to criticize anyone in any way that does not criticize myself. I think people should have fun, have a good time and enjoy the luck that we have to be lazy and live in consumerism. But I think it is a balance. And our job as actors is empathy.
In life there may be time for fun and also for work, but as adults we must know how to discern when is the perfect time for everything.
18. I don't love studying, I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.
Learning and studying are certainly two very different things, learning requires a retention of knowledge, something that studying often does not achieve.
19. My dad is a doctor, and when he was 8 years old, I went to one of his medical conferences where they demonstrated laser surgery on a chicken. I was so mad that a chicken had to die, I never ate meat again.
As we can see, animal abuse is something that Portman totally rejects, as humans all of us should always show the utmost respect and affection towards animals.
20. I am going to go to college. I don't care if it ruins my career. I'd rather be smart than a movie star.
As we can see, she was always very clear that she would finish her studies, the cinema was not an important enough factor in her life to leave them aside.
21. I don't have a normal job so I really appreciate having friends who are writers and artists. It's fun having a group of people you can call in the middle of the day to go on a hike.
Actors tend to interact with people who have related jobs, otherwise it would be practically impossible that they could one day coincide to carry out some joint activity.
22. I want all versions of a woman and a man to be possible. I want women and men to be able to be full-time parents or full-time workers or any combination of both.
Both men and women should be able to lead the life that makes them happiest, regardless of what others may think about it.
23. If you are an actress or a musician, everyone thinks you are sexy.
Some works can turn us into real walking clichés, something that many actors and different artists tend to try to avoid.
24. There is much more to do in the world. Being interested in making movies would limit my life.
Cinema will never occupy one hundred percent of your life, the world has many more interesting things to offer you.
25. When I was in kindergarten, the teachers asked me: What does your father do? So I said Help women get pregnant! They called my mother and said: What exactly does your husband do?
As we can see, her teachers did not understand what exactly her father's work was about, later they would discover that Portman's father was a doctor in a fertility clinic.
26. Young actors often don't think about the consequences of doing nudity or sex scenes. They want the role so much that they accept being exploited, and then end up embarrassing family, friends, and even strangers.
Certain roles demand nudes from those actors who play them, a situation that this actress in her youth was not willing to go through.
27. She was really excited to shave my head, it's something she wanted to do for a while and now she had a good excuse. It was nice to shed that level of vanity.
Thanks to the movie "V for Vendetta", Portman had the perfect excuse to cut her hair, something that as we see was extremely liberating for her.
28. Obviously, it is much easier to say that you will follow your passions when you are financially secure, but we can at least take comfort in the fact that now we have the time to pursue the things we really want to pursue because now the option of doing things just for the money is not necessarily there.
Money can give us the opportunity to live our lives as we wish, a highly desirable situation that many of us tirelessly pursue throughout our lives.
29. I don't know if acting is what I want to do for the rest of my life, it's just what, you know, I ended up doing when I was little, and I've grown a bit with it.
The cinema has undoubtedly given her great successes, but we are sure that this famous actress would also be able to succeed in any other job that she proposed.
30. Ninety percent of how you learn is to see great people, when you are surrounded by good actors, your performance increases.
Our co-workers can be good sources of inspiration for us, whether we are actors, directors or if we work in any other profession.
31. You know, I get a lot more Jewish in Israel because I like the way religion is done there.
As we can see, when this actress is in her native country, she takes up those religious customs that she once practiced. Israel is undoubtedly a deeply spiritual country, for all those men and women who practice Judaism.
32. Awards are so unnecessary because I think we get a lot of our work just by doing it. Work is a reward in itself.
From the point of view of this famous actress, her interpretation already gives enough benefits, personal awards within this profession are not really necessary for her.
33. I am afraid of everything. But maybe when you are afraid of everything, it seems that you are not afraid of anything.
Life is dangerous for everyone, but if we don't take risks we will never make our dreams come true. A lesson about life Natalie Portman knows all too well.
34. I am not convinced of the marriage. Divorce is very easy, and the fact that gay people are not allowed to marry takes away a lot of meaning. Committing to a person is sacred.
As we can see, her personal ideas about marriage are very diverse, but still in 2010 this actress, she decided to take the big step together with the French choreographer Benjamin Millepied.
35. I always wonder, would I want someone to do something that wasn't comfortable for them just to please me? And the answer is no.
If we want to evolve towards a better society, as human beings we must never do anything that could disturb a third person. Our respect for all those who surround us must always be maximum.
36. There is always pressure, from other people and from yourself. If you are happy with the way you are born, what are you going to do your whole life? We keep thinking new things and looking for better ways of doing things because we are not happy with what they give us.
Life is usually a constant evolution, every day that passes many of us try to be a better person than we were yesterday.
37. I think school is much more difficult than real life. People are much more receptive when they are adults.
Childhood is a stage that has its own peculiarities, when we were children, many of us surely thought that adults did not show us the respect that we really deserved.
38. I'm always on the phone because I'm usually not with the people I want to be with.
Actors tend to spend long periods of time separated from their friends and family, a totally undesirable situation for the vast majority of people.
39. Breast implants gross me out. I don't think they are attractive at all.
As we can see, this young actress will never have surgery on her breasts, her particular point of view on this specific operation is undoubtedly very clear to us with this brief appointment.
40. A film about a weak and vulnerable woman can be feminist if it shows a real person with whom we can empathize.
Feminism has so far not had a sufficient place in the world of cinema, an aspect that the seventh art should try to change as soon as possible.
41. The best part about being friends with your parents is that no matter what you do, they should still love you.
The support of her parents is certainly very important to her, just as it would surely be for a great majority of us.
42. They tell me: OK, this is where we are going to raise your cleavage, and I say, What cleavage?
As we can see, censorship continues to cause serious havoc in the world of cinema, something that perhaps should no longer happen in the 21st century.
43. I like acting for now. But after seeing Apollo 13, what I really want to do is be an astronaut. I'm dying to go to space camp next summer!
Like many of us, she too has fantasized about being an astronaut one day. One of the most desired and also most exclusive professions in the world
44. I grew up in the classic Jewish American suburb, which has a completely different sense of what it means to be Jewish than anywhere else in the world.
At the age of three, this famous actress went to live in Washington D.C in the United States, a country that as we know is really different from her native Israel.
45. I've dealt with producers before, and even a director. I saw them being abusive. Many people on set are afraid to say things when they are not being treated correctly.
As we can see, she will never allow third parties to abuse her trust. Stating things clearly can save us all a lot of headaches in the future.
46. Where I live, no one who is fourteen is having sex and using major drugs. And I think if you see it in the movies, it might influence you. I think it is very important to preserve your innocence.
Some movies are simply not suitable for all audiences, those under 18 should of course never grow up, watching scenes of a sexual nature or drug use.
47. My father has a general rule. He says that if I haven't done it in real life, I shouldn't do it on screen.
In this appointment we can discover an interesting teaching that her father transmitted to her, as an actress she has always known that she should not give the wrong image of herself on the big screen.
48. When I was 7 years old, I did shows for everyone at my grandfather's funeral. I was always the little artist.
As we can see, acting has always been part of her life, since she was little Portman was already fully capable of doing very good roles.
49. I really liked dancing, taking six classes a week, and my true dream was to be in a Broadway show.
Her interpretation has allowed her to stay on stage, which has always been her true natural environment.
50. I usually dress very casual. Every time I go out with my friends, I always say: Can't I wear sweatpants?
As we see in your private life, comfort and practicality are two very important things. Behind the scenes the tracksuit becomes his most used outfit.
51. There are films in which we are interested in seeing people's lives without agreeing with what they are doing.
Autobiographical films can certainly be a good way to get to know a certain person more deeply.
52. I don't know who wouldn't classify as romantic. I think that would be a sad thing.
For her, romanticism is an essential part of anyone's life, from her point of view we should all be somewhat romantic in certain situations.
53. I remember when I was a child I was very afraid of the Smurfs.
An anecdote at least curious as well as unexpected about this actress. Being scared of Smurfs is a scary type that many of us may never understand.
54. I would like people to think that I was Jewish.
Portman considers herself Jewish, although today this actress does not follow the precepts of this religion with the same intensity as before.
55. I speak fluent Hebrew and even dream in Hebrew when we visit there, once or twice a year.
As a good Israeli, her culture is very important to her, so whenever she has the opportunity to visit the country where she was born.
56. New York is more where you buy art than where you make art.
As we know, New York is an exceptional city, in it a great deal of business is carried out absolutely every day.
57. Star Wars hasn't changed my life at all.
Some actors comment that working on the Star Wars saga was something that changed their lives, something that apparently did not happen to this great interpreter.
58. I love being a mother, but it's a much more intense job than being an actress: going to work feels like you have a day off. It's not that she wants a day off to be a mother; It's just that maybe I got the impression before that mothers don't work. But they work harder than anyone.
After having her two children Amalia and Aleph, this actress has adopted the role of her mother 24 hours a day seven days a week, as she very well tells us, being a mother is a job that she does not have any day of break.
59. Well, right now, I am very fascinated with the Berlin of the twenties. I mean, probably the most interesting thing would be to go to the beginning of civilization or pre-civilization, like polytheistic times. It would be interesting to see what happened before modern religion and culture, what circumstances created the environment or the need to do so.
As we can see, history is something that she is passionate about, how exactly people lived in ancient times is something that many of us like her would love to know.
60. The only place I get recognized all the time is in Los Angeles and otherwise it's only once a day. I feel pretty anonymous
Los Angeles is such a big city that everyone can go unnoticed. A large number of famous actors currently reside in this city.
61. People will think I'm a neo-Nazi, a cancer victim, or a lesbian.
If this famous actress has taught us anything, it is that she is fully capable of looking spectacular even with a shaved head.
62. I have no voice in my weapons, it always comes out like a hair dryer. Looks like I just came from combing my hair.
Her voice is not her strong point, but that was not going to slow her on her rise to success as an actress.
63. Now that I know myself, I feel more confident about being more sexual.
The sexual plane is no longer a taboo for her, as we see today, she feels much more determined to do this type of scene.
64. This movie asks, When is violence justified? And it makes us distrust labels like "terrorism." Obviously, most people, unless they are pacifists like Gandhi, can imagine some situation in which violence is a justifiable means of overcoming injustice. It makes us realize that it is subjective; you have to agree with the cause to justify the violence.
Human beings use violence too often, over time we must learn to solve our problems through dialogue if we want to evolve as a society.
65. It is not really a problem for me. They seem to be facing the same people all the time, unfortunately for them. I have been fortunate to have been respected by journalists.
Journalists can be somewhat annoying to actors at times, but eventually everyone learns to deal successfully with them.
66. I just thought it was amazing that the character could go from being scared to being political because of his experience with his parents to be politicized and convinced that violence was a way of expressing their ideals politicians.
Some people can change a lot during the course of a movie, the actor who plays them in these cases must know how to adapt quickly to this circumstance.
67. I really don't want to offend anyone's beliefs or impose anything on anyone and it was a mistake to do so.
We must always respect the religious beliefs of others, as we all have the right individual to be able to believe in that religion, which from our personal point of view better us It represents.
68. I know a famous violinist who told me that he cannot compose because he knows too many pieces. So when you start to think of a note, an existing piece immediately comes to mind. When starting out, one of your greatest strengths is not knowing how things are supposed to be.
Not everyone has the ability to create art, a vast majority of people seem simply not to have been born with that particular gift.
69. I am really good at mini golf. You know, maybe I'm not a great golf person, but a little mini golf person.
Mini golf is a fun game that many of us have surely also played on more than one occasion, an ideal activity to do with both friends and family.
70. It is always interesting to put yourself in the enemy's shoes and discover what they are like.
Empathy is a quality that can allow us to put ourselves in the shoes of other people, whether they are related to us or not.
71. The best you can hope for when you make a movie and put your soul into it is that people respond well.
Actors are always under the watchful eye of the public, being judged by them over and over again throughout their careers.
72. I'm not a perfectionist, but I like discipline. I am obedient, but I am not a perfectionist. I think it's important to work hard and be as nice as possible to everyone you work with. The goal, every day, is to stay focused on that.
If we are not minimally disciplined, we will never be successful in our craft. A very successful idea that Portman has always had in mind throughout his professional life.
73. Ballet really lends itself to that because there is a sense of ritual, with wrapping the shoes every day and preparing new shoes for each performance. It is such a process. It is almost religious in nature.
Ballet is a really amazing type of dance, but as spectators we will only notice all the aspects that this dance has, when we are lucky enough to be able to see a function in direct.
74. There are still traces of social limitations in women. I tend to think that it has to do with the opportunities available, it says a lot that sometimes it is the best opportunity for a woman to progress.
Women have a series of work handicaps that men in most cases do not have, something totally undesirable that without a doubt should change in our society.
75. Your director is your everything and you dedicate yourself to them and want to help create the vision for them.
Having a good connection with the director of the movie we work on is a totally fundamental aspect of any actor's job.