95 encouraging phrases to give encouragement to a loved one
Sep 14, 2021
Maintaining spirits and positivity is always necessary, not only to have a cheerful attitude, but to help us see problems from another perspective and to be able to solve them.
In addition, maintaining a good mood and emotional balance is ideal for good physical and mental health.
In this sense, here you will find a selection of encouraging phrases to cheer up a loved one and help him get through difficult times.
- Related article: "The 55 best phrases about Psychology... and its meaning"
Encouraging phrases to give encouragement to someone special
This is a compilation of reflections and encouraging phrases ideal to give encouragement and think about the process of overcoming life's difficulties.
1. Meditate on the beauty of life. Look at the stars and see yourself running with them. (Marcus Aurelius)
Project yourself into a better future and strive for it.
2. It is not what you have or who you are or where you are or what you do that makes you happy or unhappy. It's what you think about it. (Dale Carnegie)
Our thoughts can bestow on our lives a positive or negative view of things.
3. When you want to achieve or achieve something, do not worry about fatigue, because your strength will be the size of your desire. (Anonymous)
Take a break and get back to work, don't give up.
4. Everything you need to achieve your goals is already in you.
We need to work more on our self-confidence.
5. Life begins every five minutes. (Andreu Buenafuente)
Any time is the ideal time to start something new.
6. Keep in mind that sometimes you will have difficulties, not because you are doing it wrong, but because you are doing it well in life, because you are fighting for something worthwhile, just keep going! There is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Difficulties will always be there, so it is necessary to arm yourself with courage and face them.
7. The greatest emotion in creation is the bridge to optimism. (Brian May)
Optimism helps us have more energy every day.
- You may be interested in: "70 optimism phrases to live positively"
8. If you want to be happy in this life you will have to learn to love, forgive and forget. Today a friend tells you and tomorrow life will tell you.
Values to be used more often.
9. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. (Arthur Ashe)
Use the things you have on hand and then you can grow.
10. It doesn't matter if you failed yesterday. Today you have the opportunity to try again.
Every day is a new opportunity.
11. When forces fail, spirits falter. Only you are able to find your breath in the undergrowth. (Juan Armando Corbin)
Sometimes you need to find new motivations to keep going.
12. Loving yourself is the beginning of an adventure that lasts a lifetime.
The most important thing in your life will always be yourself.
13. Always do the best you can. What you sow now, you will reap later. (Og Mandino)
I remember that the things we do today impact our tomorrow.
14. Don't let failure remain failure; turn it into a lesson.
Every mistake has something to teach us to improve.
15. Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success and love; everything will return to you in abundance. This is the law of nature. (Steve Maraboli)
Feelings that we must put before any situation.
16. You will be calmer when you accept that your problems are yours and nobody else's, because it is the first step to overcome them and makes you see that you are in control of your own life.
Only you can solve your problems, no one else.
17. The success of life is not in always winning, but in never giving up. (Anonymous)
A great reflection to motivate us to keep trying.
18. Raise your forehead before others, only those who fear falling and those who hide something look down.
Be proud of your choices, if you think they are the right ones.
19. Life is 10% what happens to us, and 90% how we react to it. (Charles Swindol)
It all depends on the way we interpret our experiences; perspective and mindset are a big part of the experience.
20. The simplest things can bring the greatest happiness.
Happiness doesn't cost that much, we just have to focus on what gives us joy.
21. We are what we think. Everything we are comes from our thoughts. With our thoughts we build the world. (Buddha)
Be careful with your thoughts and don't let them dominate you.
22. You are not going to dominate the rest of your life in one day. Just relax. Rule the day. So keep doing that every day.
It's about going one day at a time.
23. You will find meaning in life if you believe it. (Osho)
Life is what you want it to be, and that's why it is important to know how to adapt.
24. Thank the people who make you go through difficulties, because they are the clearest example of the person you do not want to become, take the opposite path and you will be fine.
Learn from everything that happens around you, even from bad experiences, as they help you know what to avoid in the future.
- Related article: "Resilience: definition and 10 habits to enhance it"
25. Through my optimism, naturally, I prefer and capture the beauty of life. (Leni Riefenstahl)
The benefits of positive thinking.
26. Rest assured that for each of your sorrows, friendship will always be a sure remedy.
True friendships are those that help you get through difficult times.
27. I cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. (Jimmy Dean)
Adapt to the circumstances and you can find your own way.
28. You are a diamond, no one can break you!
The harm that other people cause you affects you to the extent that you allow it.
29. Don't look back and ask: Why? Look ahead and ask yourself: Why not? (Alberto Mur)
If you want to do something, try it.
30. Quality is not an act, it is a habit. (Aristotle)
All experience gained comes from constant practice.
31. If you can dream it you can do it. (Walt Disney)
Believe in your dreams and you will see them come true.
32. Learn from the past, live in the present and work for the future.
The correct way to move in life.
33. You have power over your mind, not over external events. Realize this and you will find strength. (Marcus Aurelius)
Only you can take charge of the direction your thoughts take.
34. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live life as you have imagined it.
Set a goal and go all the way to it.
35. The more violent a storm is, the faster it passes. (Paulo Coelho)
When you focus on solving a problem, it disappears completely.
36. It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop.
Life is not a race, take your time, just don't stop.
37. Even the darkest nights end with sunrise. (Victor Hugo)
No evil lasts forever, there is always something good waiting.
38. At the end of the day, all you need is strength and hope, strength to withstand the blows of life and hope to trust that everything will pass and get better.
Hope should never be lost, it is an excellent source of motivation.
39. If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade. (Saying)
Use your means to achieve your goals.
40. Now you are in trouble, but when joy knocks on your door you will have to have someone to share it with.
The problems get smaller if we stop give them more importance than they have.
41. Where one door closes, another opens. (Miguel de Cervantes)
Do not be discouraged when you miss an opportunity, look for another that suits you better.
42. You should fight to live life, to suffer it and also to enjoy it.
In life it is necessary to experience all kinds of emotions.
43. We should celebrate when optimism and hard work triumph over cynicism, lethargy, and fatalism. (Sadiq Khan)
Celebrate every little triumph, even when a positive thought is placed above a negative one.
- You may be interested in: "81 phrases of happiness and joy to value life"
44. Life can be wonderful if you are not afraid of it.
Fear is what really prevents us from enjoying life to the fullest.
45. Never give up, because you are in the place and time where the tide will turn. (Harriet Beecher Stowe)
Things have a place and a time to act.
46. Remember that after the rain the sun always comes out again.
After overcoming an obstacle comes the satisfaction of finding a new strength.
47. Your circumstances may not be to your liking, but they should not remain the same if you conceive an ideal and fight to achieve it (James Allen)
The circumstances of yesterday are not an impediment to having a better tomorrow.
48. Destiny is often found on the path taken to avoid it.
Not always the path you always wanted is the right one for you.
49. Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding on the 20th. (Julie Andrews)
The way our consistency and confidence works.
50. Use your imagination, not to scare you, but to inspire yourself to achieve the unimaginable.
Imagination should be an engine to help us build our dreams.
- Related article: "What is imagination?"
51. Aim high, because the stars are hidden in your soul. Dream deeply, because every dream precedes the goal. (Rabindranath Tagore)
Everything we need to succeed is within us.
52. There is no tree that the wind does not shake. (Popular saying)
We all go through difficult times, no one escapes from it.
53. Sometimes when you are in a dark place, you think you have been buried, but you have actually been planted.
The difficulties do not represent an end, but a moment of reflection.
54. Accept the challenges so you can feel the euphoria of victory. (George S. Patton)
See obstacles as a challenge to overcome, in this way they will serve as a benchmark to measure your progress and Personal development.
55. Choose the rules that you are going to break and accept the rest.
To break the rules you must first know them and then take the ones that will help you grow.
56. Independence is happiness. (Susan B. Anthony)
Being in control of your life, that represents freedom.
57. True happiness involves the full use of power and talent. (John W. Gardner)
To achieve our goals, we must educate ourselves and prepare for them.
- Related article: "Utilitarianism: a philosophy centered on happiness"
58. Discard sadness and melancholy. Life is kind, it has only a few days and only now are we to enjoy it. (Federico García Lorca)
It is not about not experiencing sadness, but about not letting ourselves be carried away by it.
59. A mistake is a perfect opportunity to try again with more experience.
A mistake is a teaching about what to avoid in the future.
60. But before we look to the future, let's take a look at the path we've traveled over the past two years because that's the source of much of the optimism we all feel about the future. (Linda Lingle)
Sometimes the path is more significant than the goal.
61. You are much stronger than you think.
You just have to work on your confidence and everything will improve.
62. If you think you can, you're already halfway there. (Theodore Roosevelt)
Confidence is the first step to success.
63. Sometimes people cry, not because they are weak, but because they have been strong for a long time.
It is not bad to vent your sorrows from time to time.
64. Twenty years from now you will regret the things you did not do, so let go of the ropes and sail out of your comfort zone, look for the wind in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. (Mark Twain)
Never miss the moment to do something you want, because repentance is eternal.
65. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy. (Norman Vincent Peale)
The importance of work on our own confidence.
66. There is something in you that the world needs.
We are all necessary in the world.
67. The more you feed your mind with positive thoughts, the more you can attract great things into your life. (Roy T. Bennett)
A positive mind attracts positive things.
68. Keep going, nothing can take the place of persistence. Talent won't; nothing is more common than seeing talented men fail.
It is not enough to have talent, but to be constant in what we do.
69. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your appearance. (Charles Gordy)
Smiles are always valuable.
- You may be interested in: "Obsession for beauty: this is how it parasitizes our minds"
70. What happened yesterday is over. Tomorrow the door will be wide open.
Don't worry about what you can't change, focus on what you can do from now on.
71. Every failure teaches man something he needed to learn. (Charles Dickens)
The way we should view our falls.
72. Everything is an opportunity to grow or an obstacle that prevents you from growing. It is you who decides.
You decide if you want to advance or stay stagnant.
73. The dream of those who are awake is hope. (Charlemagne)
Hope is part of our dreams.
74. It is very simple, if you intend to fly you will have to get rid of the things that weigh you down.
Moving forward means leave behind everything that represses and limits us.
75. Happiness is not something done. It comes from your own actions. (Dalai Lama)
We can build our own happiness.
76. Happiness is inside, not outside. Therefore it does not depend on what we have, but on what we are.
To achieve happiness, we must be well within ourselves.
- Related article: "The 55 best phrases about Psychology... and its meaning"
77. Optimism is the foundation of courage. (Nicholas Murray Butler)
If you do not have confidence, you will not be able to be successful in what you set out to do.
78. Faced with the same problem, there are always multiple solutions.
You don't need to follow a pattern, find your own solution.
79. A successful man is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks that others have thrown at him. (David Brinkley)
The real secret behind success.
80. The people whose life is going well are the people who go in search of the circumstances they want and, if not, find them. (George Bernard Shaw)
We can all create our opportunities.
81. Kites fly against and not downwind.
Follow your own path not that of others.
82. You will never win if you never start. (Helen Rowland)
The beginning is the most difficult, but once done, everything arises spontaneously.
83. Always keep in mind that: He who limps still walks.
Many of the impediments and limitations are created by us.
84. Keep your best wishes close to your heart and watch what happens. (Tony DeLiso)
Creates a permanent space for good thoughts, so that they motivate you and help you maintain the illusion in your projects.
85. A little progress every day adds to great results.
Goals are achieved with small objectives.
86. In the middle of the difficulty is where you will find the opportunity. (Albert Einstein)
Our chance can come at the most unexpected moments.
87. The key is to see each of the walls that you come across as steps leading to your goal.
The way in which obstacles are best perceived.
88. The pessimist sees difficulty at every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. (Winston Churchill)
The two ways of seeing the difficulties.
89. Enjoy the little things in life, one day you will realize that they are the greatest.
Never underestimate the power that life gives you when you enjoy something.
90. When you are true to yourself in what you do, fascinating things happen. (Deborah Norville)
The first person you owe loyalty to in your dreams is yourself.
91. The more difficult the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. (Thomas Paine)
Great obstacles bring great rewards.
92. Most great people have achieved their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure. (Napoleon Hill)
Failures do not represent an imminent end, but rather a learning opportunity.
- Related article: "Types of motivation: the 8 motivational sources"
93. Each tear show us a truth. (Plato)
Everything has a revelation, including the sufferings.
94. Recognizing that you are not where you want to be is a starting point to start changing your life. (Abraham Maslow)
If you are not satisfied with your situation, make the necessary changes to improve it.
95. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Your future belongs only to you.