The 60 best phrases (and lyrics) of Shawn Mendes
Jun 12, 2022
Shawn Mendes is a Canadian-born singer, songwriter, and model., which began his career at a very young age, from the Vine platform. This made him attract the attention of producers and therefore, he had his opportunity to share his music with the world, standing out among the first positions of the Billboard Hot 100.
- We recommend you read: "The 90 best phrases of Justin Bieber"
Shawn Mendes best phrases and song lyrics
Although he is one of the artists with the most reservations about his private life, we can learn more about him through his songs, that is why we bring a list with the best Shawn Mendes phrases.
1. Please have mercy on me. Take it easy with my heart!
Love also needs patience and trust.
2. I work so hard to make sure it's successful.
Success cannot exist without hard work.
3. I'm not the best singer in the world; I'm just good at capturing what I want it to sound like.
An artist who knows how to express his emotions in each song.
4. You don't know, but it's true: I can't make my mouth say the words I want to say to you.
Art helps us express the emotions that are stuck inside us.
5. I am proud to say that I am a role model for children.
An example about thriving and doing what we love most.
6. I was one of those kids who was always on the internet, always on YouTube, so it was easy for me to do it. It's not a job. It's just fun.
Talking about its easy reach on social networks.
7. And I don't care what they say about you, honey. They don't know what you've been through.
Each person has a story behind them, that's why we should never judge.
8. I can see why people change. They congratulate you all the time, they take you in a black SUV: your life is crazy. But that's your career, not you.
The extreme leap into the materialistic stuff of fame.
9. You're bringing out a different kind of me. There is no safety net below. I'm in free fall inside of you.
When we fall in love, we discover new things about ourselves.
10. People made fun of my skinny legs.
Shawn suffered from ridicule for his physical appearance, although today he is proud of himself.
11. Love is probably the strongest emotion that can be felt.
Love is the most powerful feeling that exists in the world.
12. I just hate to hurt you but I have to be honest. I can't give you what you need, you deserve more than I can promise.
It is always better to be honest with a person, before giving them false hope.
13. I feel like every time I write a song, it feels like the first time I wrote a song.
A feeling that feels like a new explosion.
14. I'm in your room, it's just the two of us.
A scenario that can tell thousands of stories between lovers.
15. People who are No. 1 are No. 1 for a reason.
Many of the people who are up, it is because they deserve it.
16. From day one, Justin Timberlake has been a huge inspiration to me.
Talking about one of his biggest idols.
17. It's not that he's afraid he's not good enough for her, it's not that he can't find the words to say. But when she's with him, she seems happier and I don't want to see that from afar.
Real love is wanting the happiness of the other person, even if it is not with us.
18. I love acting. I would really love to act.
Another of his greatest passions.
19. I imagine now, and I imagine 30 years from now, and I'll probably be the same. I will continue to think that I am not the best singer that I can be.
A feeling that apparently will not fade so easily.
20. I feel you're getting closer, you rest your head on my chest. Deep down I know this should be it.
There are moments that feel so good, they can't be wrong.
21. Success requires much more than just singing.
It's about having the full package of an artist and touching people's hearts.
22. It's just as difficult; It doesn't get any easier, but that's why I love it: because it's a challenge every time. I also feel like I'm learning new paths.
Talking about the process of making songs. Even if it feels like the first time, it never gets easier.
23. Sometimes it's hard to stand out. And you don't have to do anything else, be yourself.
The best way to stand out is by showing ourselves as we are.
24. It's very natural - and I don't want to say easy - but it's natural and comfortable to write on, and there are so many different forms of it, millions of layers, you could write on it forever.
Speaking of one of her greatest inspirations, love.
25. I really like women with brown hair.
A pleasure that we could verify when he went out with Camila Cabello.
26. You're all I think about when I'm awake, part of every night and every day. And everything is a mess when you're away.
That moment when a special person gets inside our head.
27. Sometimes when the song is right for that time period, it's kind of bad to let it wait, and then when you release it eight months later, it's not the same.
It's hard when you create something with a special event in mind, but it loses its impact over time.
28. You make me think of what we could be.
The future as a couple can be built as long as both agree on what they want to achieve.
29. As soon as I get on stage, the ego appears, it tells me: Make no mistake, you are the best. Everybody says it, so no mistakes.
Showing a little demanding with himself in each of his presentations.
30. I can't believe how fast things have happened, and I feel so honored that people are able to look up to me as a leader.
Grateful for the progress he has had in his career.
31. I stand like a giant, but I fall when I'm near you.
We are all weak in front of someone special.
32. No matter where you play, a stadium or an arena, when you're on stage, it will feel like a theater.
How significant it is to present yourself in each type of scenario.
33. Like the moth attracted by the flame, you attracted me, I could not perceive the pain.
There are relationships that harm us, even if we are in denial for a long time.
34. My whole body is released. I let go, I look around and I say to myself: Just do it, let go of the ego. It's time to surrender.
Letting himself be carried away by his artist spirit.
35. It turns out that no one can replace me. I'm permanent, you can't erase me.
You will always leave an important mark in the lives of different people.
36. I feel pressure because I feel like I have a lot of parents in my life; I have many people who are afraid that I will do something wrong.
The pressure of being a 'role model'.
37. Take a piece of my heart and make it yours.
Give yourself with everything in every relationship you have.
38. As a child, if you tell someone what your dream is and they say it's nonsense, it's discouraging and you put it aside.
Unfortunately, many dreams die when children are discouraged.
39. I don't look too much into the past.
It's okay to remember the past, as long as we don't get stuck in it.
40. Just let me hold you a little more now.
How much would you give to spend a little more time with that special person?
41. Make your best mistakes, because we don't have time to cry.
It is preferable that you make your own mistakes, than follow the path that others want to impose.
42. I don't want to get on stage and be just another act.
Committed to being unique in each presentation.
43. When I started school, I told Mrs. Parker, my voice teacher, who wanted to be a singer, I told her that I wanted to be an artist, and she never doubted that she believed in me. Not my parents, not my friends.
For children, it is very important to have people who can support their dreams, so that one day they become goals.
44. Give me a sign, take my hand and we'll be fine.
Facing problems as a couple requires patience, trust and teamwork.
45. I am 100% involved in everything that happens with my name, and I believe that if you are not, then something is wrong.
Committed to building a good self-image and building strong self-confidence.
46. So when we're apart you'll never be alone.
Distance does not necessarily change the magnitude of people's feelings.
47. I prefer to sleep on the bus than in the hotel because I sleep much better on tour buses.
About their stay preferences when you tour.
48. I just want to give you the love that you've been missing, darling.
Never close yourself to a new love, because each relationship brings something different.
49. There is so much negativity on social media that I don't want to contribute to it.
Sometimes it is healthy to disassociate yourself from social networks for a while, so as not to fall into their toxic networks.
50. I don't ask much of you, just be honest with me.
Sincerity will always be preferable to any attractive lie.
51. No one ever told me I was crazy, everyone encouraged me.
That is why it is important to surround yourself with people who support you and believe in you.
52. It always bothers me that I don't do things as well as I think I could have because I care.
It seems Shawn is a perfectionist.
53. When I pick up the mic, I always go off tune on the first note. But 30 seconds later, I remember that I am a normal guy who loves music.
This is the correct way in which we overcome fear.
54. I'll stop time for you the moment you say you like me too.
We always want our feelings to be reciprocated.
55. When I saw my idols, I thought: How can they be like this? They were born legendary, but it is not reality.
We tend to believe that famous people are almost gods, but the reality is that they had to work their way to where they are.
56. You can't get too comfortable and relax, because your world can turn upside down overnight.
A warning not to lower our guard when we reach the top.
57. I'd drive all night just to be by your side.
Sacrifices we make to be with who we want.
58. If you're positive and you're really excited and enthusiastic about what you're doing, it's going to happen and it's going to happen big.
Having confidence in what we can do leads us inevitably to achieve what we want.
59. Many ask me what I would do if I were not a musician, the question puzzles me, because I feel that this was my destiny.
A destination that is now his way of life.
60. We were in New York and my song came on the radio. She asked me if it was about her, I said: Yes, it's about you. They are all about you. I always write about you.
Talking about the songs dedicated to Camila Cabello.