Psychology, Neuropsychology and Nutrition
Jul 15, 2022
It is important combine these three life tools, psychology, neuropsychology or neurorehabilitation, and nutrition. Leaving one or more of these areas unattended can erode a person's quality of life and general well-being.
- Related article: "Psychological well-being: 15 habits to achieve it"
The importance of psychology
Psychology is very important in a person's life, since every human being has a mind by virtue of being alive, and this mind leads and leads the body to do what we do every day. Good mental and emotional health is essential in order to maintain healthy behavior.
The mind, brain and body are related. That is why in this here we will review the most important information about it; Extracts from the rehabilitator and the nutritionist are taken, and eating behavior will be discussed later.
- You may be interested: "The 10 benefits of going to psychological therapy"
The importance of the brain and Neurorehabilitation
The brain is composed of a bone mass that is made up of the cerebral lobes, which are: frontal lobe, parietal lobe, temporal lobe and occipital lobe. Together they all have
- Frontal lobe: it is in charge of reasoning, movements, emotions, attention and language, this represents an important part for the judgment, planning, direction and execution of what has been planned, in addition to cognitive functions play an important role in this place of the brain.
- Parietal lobe: it is in charge of touch, taste, smell, pressure and temperature, it also helps to process information as well as it is in charge of perception and perception itself.
- Temporal lobes: they are in charge of attention, memory and learning, this one in charge of encoding and decoding language in addition to language.
- Occipital lobe: is responsible for vision.
In addition to these lobes there are other parts that complement the brain and make it work in balance. In this sense, when there is an imbalance, it is important to see a psychiatrist, neurologist or neuropsychologist.
- Related article: "Parts of the Human Brain (and Functions)"
The importance of Nutrition
It is important to know that nutrition in psychology is fundamental, since used to balance the body and its processes.
Sometimes there are depression factors that are not exactly emotional but hormonal; the nutritionist will provide information on said imbalance through blood tests, so if there is an imbalance, they will send it to the corresponding doctor to level these hormones, likewise with food, the nutritionist will balance these disorders that exist in the body, thus facilitating a longer life fury.
- You may be interested: "Psychology and Nutrition: the importance of emotional eating"
The three disciplines reinforce each other
These three are important when going to the psychologist, since many times a psychological issue can also be neurological or psychiatric, in addition to the Nutrition plays a fundamental role, since sometimes hormones are involved in a process of mood, and with food this can be regulated condition.
If you combine psychology with neurorehabilitation you can obtain great results in the disorder due to deficit of attention, neurochemical and neurobiological disorders, as well as sleep disorders, impulsiveness and hyperactivity.
If you carry out psychology and nutrition therapy, you can determine thehe levels of hormones that a person has in their body, since the nutritionist will tell the person to carry out some studies, which will help determine if a person has depression or not or it is something hormonal, which can be treated with food and supplements.
If psychology, neurorehabilitation and nutrition are brought together as a whole, it is a complement to help a person with depressive and anxiety disorders, as well as those mentioned above, it can also help the person with asthma, anorexia and/or bulimia.
- Related article: "Personal Development: 5 reasons for self-reflection"
Why take these three therapies together?
The main reasons are the following:
- For bringing a balance of mind, brain and body.
- For having a better quality of life.
- To be balanced.
- To speed up the improvement process.
- To have a better concentration and attention.
- To rule out any abnormalities or deficiencies in the brain, thoughts, behavior and body.
- For feeling satisfied with taking a complete treatment.
- To attend not only to your mental health, but also to your body.
- To give a complete review of your hormonal profile.
- To prolong your standard of living.
There is scientific evidence of what psychology, neurorehabilitation and nutrition do to the body.
Let us not forget that the mind, the body and the brain are one and the same.