The 90 best phrases (and reflections) on Disappointment
Aug 09, 2022
One of the most difficult emotions to manage is undoubtedly disappointment, because it becomes a dead end path where feelings become weapons that cause a lot of damage. Disappointment is part of life, but it is a difficult feeling to accept and it causes a lot of pain.. Even so, it is also a great learning.
- We recommend you read: "The 100 best famous phrases about repentance"
Best quotes and sayings about disappointment
With this series of best phrases about disappointment we can get closer to the reasons why this feeling is formed and how we can leave it behind.
1. The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way. (Robert Kiyosaki)
The road to success comes with stones and beautiful landscapes, you have to know how to cope with both.
2. Disappointment is just the action of your brain readjusting to reality after discovering that things are not the way you thought they were. (BradWarner)
The feeling that disappointment leaves will depend only on you.
3. Disappointment is a disease that begins with discomfort in the heart and spreads to those around you.
Do not let disappointment take over you and the people who are by your side.
4. Hope is tomorrow's cure for today's disappointment. (Evan Esar)
In the face of disappointment, hope is the only remedy.
5. Generally, when you let yourself down, you become stronger. (David Rudysha)
Disappointment brings with it strength.
6. Like all dreamers, I mistook disappointment for truth. (Jean-Paul Sartre)
The truth is often a disappointment.
7. Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he should never be disappointed. (Alexander Pope)
Who does not expect anything, he is a happy person.
8. Even though there is nothing left between us, I am still looking forward to his return.
When a relationship breaks up, one partner may not get over the breakup.
9. There can be no great disappointment where there is no deep love.
If you don't really love, disappointment doesn't affect anything.
10. Disappointments open the eyes and close the heart. (Anonymous)
Disappointment makes us see the situation as it really is.
11. When you have high expectations, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. (RyanReynolds)
Expectations bring disappointment.
12. Do not ask if you do not know what you want and do not expect more than you give, that should be the basis for not being disappointed.
If you don't know what you really want, disappointment won't come.
13. Life is a long preparation for something that never happens. (William Butler Yeats)
Even if you prepare for disappointment, it always hurts.
14. Disappointment is really just a term for our refusal to look on the bright side. (Richelle E. Goodrich)
Don't let the fear of being disappointed prevent you from seeing the positive side of life.
15. Don't let today's disappointments cast a shadow on your dreams of tomorrow.
If you suffered a disappointment today, get over it so it doesn't tarnish your tomorrow.
16. I was more in love with you when I didn't know you that much.
Love can be temporary when disappointment occurs.
17. Too many promises decrease trust. (Horace)
Do not make promises you can not keep.
18. True madness may be none other than wisdom itself, tired of discovering the shame of the world, has made the intelligent decision to go mad. (Heinrich Hein)
We all have a little bit of madness inside.
19. We are born crying, we live complaining and we die disappointed. (Thomas Fuller)
Even if we don't want it, disappointment is part of our life.
20. The biggest disappointment of your life comes when what you thought would make you happier actually makes you sadder.
True happiness is very hard to find.
21. The earlier the refusal, the less disappointment. (Publilius Syrus)
If you see that you do not like something, get out of there, so you will avoid disappointment.
22. Disappointment is to a noble soul what water is to hot metal; it strengthens it, it encourages it, it intensifies it, but it never destroys it. (Eliza Tabor Stephenson)
Make a disappointment, a point of support to move forward.
23. Whenever you have a setback or disappointment, put your head down and move on. (Les Brown)
Don't stop when something or someone disappoints you.
24. Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by what you didn't do than by what you did do. (Mark Twain)
The disappointment can be harsher over time.
25. The good thing is that through disappointment you can gain clarity. With clarity comes conviction and true originality. (Conan O'Brien)
After a disappointment, we feel weak, but we have to work to get back on track.
26. I'm not crying for you; you're not worth it I am crying because my illusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are. (Steve Maraboli)
There are people who can easily deceive us.
27. Love is the only programmed disappointment, the only foreseeable misfortune that we want to repeat. (Frederic Beigbeder)
Love is something that causes many disappointments.
28. Life is struggle and torment, disappointment, love and sacrifice, sunsets of black gold and storms. (Laurence Oliver)
Life has its good moments and some not so good ones.
29. The greatest successes come after your greatest disappointments. (Henry Ward Beecher)
After a big storm comes a beautiful calm.
30. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are tools that God uses to show us the way. (Paulo Coelho)
The defeat must be seen as a springboard to jump and follow the path laid out.
31. You can fool some all the time and all some of the time, but you can't fool everyone all the time. (Abraham Lincoln)
Deception leads to disappointment.
32. People are not always what you want them to be. Sometimes they let you down or let you down, but first you have to give them a chance. (Chloe Rattray)
Do not see people from your point of view, but as they really are.
33. Disappointment should be classified as a sharp weapon, it can easily go through a heart.
Disappointment causes very deep wounds.
34. Some people pass through our lives to teach us not to be like them.
When a person disappoints you, take a deep breath, give thanks and move on.
35. The disappointment of a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal, it strengthens the spirits, it intensifies, but it does not destroy it. (Eliza Tabor)
Disappointment is not something that lasts forever.
36. We all have to suffer one of two things: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment. (Jim Ron)
We all regret something.
37. The disappointment of humanity achieves the illusion of youth. (Benjamin Disraeli)
Young people tend to be more easily disillusioned.
38. Expectation is the root of all anguish. (William Shakespeare)
The expectation of something brings anxiety, restlessness and fear.
39. Assuming is the root of all disappointments. (Rogienel Reyes)
Accepting the mistakes made is the first step to make the disappointment more bearable.
40. Disappointment is a kind of bankruptcy: the bankruptcy of a soul that spends too much on hope and expectation. (Eric Hofer)
Disappointment creates an emptiness in the heart and tears in the eyes.
41. Like all dreamers, I mistook disappointment for truth. (Jean-Paul Sartre)
Disappointment is not always in line with reality.
42. There are times when disappointment comes looking for your soul. (Fabrizio Caramagna)
We all experience disappointment at some point.
43. It was one of those times when you feel a sense of loss, even though you didn't have anything to begin with. I guess that's disappointment: a sense of loss for something you've never had. (Deb Caletti)
Being disappointed is like having a sense of loss of something dear.
44. Do not regret having met him, but insist on believing that he would not be like the others.
No one can be the way you want them to be.
45. Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which there is no remedy except laughter. (Kurt Vonnegut)
Life brings us disappointments, many of which are bitter.
46. A disappointment that elevates us is more valuable than a series of misleading truths. (Marina Tsveteva)
A disappointment in time is better than a deception that lasts a lifetime.
47. The false friend is like the shadow that follows us while the sun lasts. (Carlo Dossi)
Beware of the falsehood of people.
48. You may be disappointed if you fail, but you're damned if you don't try. (Beverly Sills)
Keep going, even when you meet disappointments along the way.
49. We are wrong with those who do not deserve it, and we are right with the wrong person.
It is very common that we do not recognize the value of people.
50. Age does not diminish the great disappointment caused by a scoop of ice cream dropped from a cone. (Jim Fiebig)
A disappointment can last a lifetime.
51. A minute of sincere gratitude can wash away the disappointments of a lifetime. (Silvia Hartmann)
Always be honest even when it hurts.
52. Sometimes when something you dreamed of doesn't happen, a sigh of relief is more important than disappointment.
If something doesn't happen the way you want, don't get discouraged, move on.
53. Love is the child of illusion and the father of disappointment. (Miguel Unamuno)
Illusion and deception nest in love.
54. Disappointment is really just a term for our refusal to look on the bright side. (Richelle E. Goodrich)
If something disappoints you, look around you, there is always something beautiful to see.
55. It hurts to let go, but sometimes it hurts more to hold on.
Drop everything that is not worth it.
56. I do not hate you. I am disappointed that you have become everything you said you would never be.
Take care of everything you say and keep what you promise.
57. Opportunity is a propitious occasion to be disappointed. (Ambrose Bierce)
In everything we do, there is always something that disappoints us.
58. Disappointment is the nurse of wisdom. (Bayle-Roche)
Disappointment is a great teacher.
59. The suspense is worse than the disappointment. (Robert Burns)
It is better to know things and be disillusioned quickly than to live in anxiety.
60. Disappointment is an endless source of inspiration for comedy.
Disappointment is an extraordinary muse.
61. If you are betrayed, quickly release disappointment. That way, bitterness doesn't have time to take root.
When someone hurts us, we believe that we will not be able to recover, but by focusing on ourselves, it is easy to move forward.
62. Appearances deceive anyone and delude many. He who mercifully disillusions friends, has greater danger in his advice than in his vengeance, he who wronged enemies. (Francisco Quevedo)
Don't let appearances fool you, no one is as perfect as they seem.
63. It is far better to understand the universe as it really is than to persist in the illusion, however satisfying and reassuring it may be. (Carl Sagan)
Accepting reality is much better than living inside an illusion.
64. The false friend will invite you to travel with him, sharing the cost of gasoline. The sincere friend will help you push the car, uphill too, when the gas runs out. (Andrea Mucciolo)
Look for the friendship of those people who are sincere.
65. You have to think positively. Most of your fears, like thinking that people will be disappointed in you, are simply self-created. (Matthew Lewis Browne)
Do not give room to negative thoughts or unfounded fears.
66. Forget yesterday and last month and last year, with their grim diary of failures and disappointments. All of that is in the past. (Og Mandino)
Leave the past in its place, live the present.
67. Nothing hurts more than being disappointed in the person you thought would never hurt you.
There is no disappointment more painful than that caused by someone you fully trust.
68. Lost illusions are leaves detached from the tree of the heart. (Jose de Espronceda)
We have all been through disappointments, it is not typical of a single person.
69. The art of satisfying is the art of disappointment. (Luc de Clapiers)
As long as you want to satisfy another, you are disappointed by everything.
70. Enthusiasm is followed by disappointment and even depression, and then renewed enthusiasm. (Murray Gell-Mann)
Enthusiasm, disappointment, depression and enthusiasm. That is the formula of life.
71. Don't take life too seriously; You'll never get out of it alive. (Elbert Hubbard)
Not everything is work, he also looks for moments of fun.
72. When we focus on gratitude, the current of disappointment goes away and the current of love goes. (Kristin Armstrong)
Appreciate both the good and the bad.
73. A true desire to be or to do something gives us the power "the reason" to get up every morning and start after every disappointment. (Marsha Synetar)
If you have been disappointed, get up again and don't let yourself fall.
74. Disappointment is a kind of bankruptcy. The bankruptcy of a soul that spends too much on hope and expectation. (Eric Hofer)
Don't let disappointment break your soul.
75. Deepens the wound that blinds all illusion. (MarcAnthony)
After a disappointment a new illusion can come, do not let it escape.
76. Two kinds of tears are in the eyes of women: true pain and spite. (Pythagoras)
We cry because of a love breakup or because a disappointment left us with a great void.
77. The disappointment walks smiling behind the enthusiasm. (Madame de Stael)
Enthusiasm is accompanied by any disappointment.
78. Keep the memories, I prefer to keep the beautiful moments that we could have lived.
Keep all the pleasant moments as a treasure.
79. It was hard to understand, I cried a lot, but it is better to know the truth of your lies than to continue deceiving me and wasting my time.
The truth often causes pain.
80. When you learn to accept instead of expect, you will have fewer disappointments. (RobertFisher)
Knowing how to accept everything that life gives you brings peace of mind.
81. Disappointment is just the action of your brain readjusting to reality after discovering that things are not the way you thought they were. (BradWarner)
Being disappointed in something is something that tells us that things are not as we thought.
82. Nothing hurts, poisons and sickens more than disappointment. Because disappointment is a pain that always comes from a hope that has vanished. (Oriana Fallaci)
Don't let disappointment poison your heart.
83. In case of disappointment, break the expectation. (Anonymous)
If you suffer disappointment, get up with confidence and walk safely.
84. If someone disappoints you, don't take it the wrong way, it was the best I could offer you.
When someone disappoints you, put them aside and move on.
85. You have disappointed me, but you have not killed me, you have taught me.
Take disappointment as a teaching not as a death.
86. It is wise not to trust entirely those who have deceived us once. (Rene Descartes)
If someone cheated on you, don't trust them again.
87. The truth hurts, but disappointment kills.
Disappointment often kills relentlessly.
88. The flaws that you throw at my face today are the same as they were perfect at first. (Ricardo Arjona)
When disappointment arrives, virtues become defects.
89. The sadness and disappointments of the past will make you stronger in the future.
Today's disappointment will be your strength tomorrow.
90. Why is it so difficult to express love and yet so easy to express disappointment? (Kaui Hart Hemmings)
Good things are hard to prove.