The 90 best phrases of Barack Obama
Jul 15, 2021
Barack Obama has been one of the presidents who has marked a milestone in the history of American politics for a variety of reasons, including being the first man of African American descent to be in office and receiving the Nobel Peace Prize. Additionally, he is remembered for being a great speaker, a lover of nature, and an activist for human equality.
- We recommend you read: "The 65 most famous phrases and reflections of Kamala Harris"
Great reflections and quotes from Barack Obama
In this article we bring the best quotes from Barack Obama on various topics that will make us reflect.
1. Change occurs when ordinary people do extraordinary things.
The simplest people also provide effective solutions.
2. Yes we could, yes we can.
Never give up, because you can succeed when you least expect it.
3. If you abandon the idea that your voice can make a difference, other voices will fill the void.
We all have the opportunity to make ourselves heard.
4. We have an endless ability to take risks and a knack for reinventing ourselves.
Take on every challenge that comes your way and reinvent yourself if necessary.
5. Will we live free or in chains? Under governments that defend our universal rights or regimes that suppress them?
Living free or captive is your own decision.
6. If you are walking on the right path and are willing to keep walking, you will eventually make progress.
If you are on the right track, go ahead and don't stop.
7. It is good to be home. (...) Tonight it is my turn to say thank you.
There is nothing more pleasant than feeling at home.
8. You can't let your failures define you.
Don't let failure define your life.
9. If you are willing to work hard and fulfill your responsibilities, you can succeed. It doesn't matter where you come from, what you look like or who you love.
Hard work pays off.
10. We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it.
The future is something we can shape.
11. Dear compatriots, we are made for this moment.
The right time is the here and now.
12. In open societies that respect the sanctity of the individual and our free will or in closed societies that suffocate our soul?
We must defend our beliefs and individuality.
13. Change will not come if we wait for someone else or wait for another moment.
Only we can make our way through the path we choose.
14. You were the change.
The change begins within us before being reflected outside.
15. You must let your failures teach you.
Don't see failure as defeat, but as learning for the future.
16. Our children will not have time to discuss climate change. They can only live with its effects.
Being environmentally conscious is important to help the planet.
17. Our destiny is not written for us, but for us.
We are the sole owners of our destiny.
18. Today I tell you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many.
Each challenge taken must be faced with courage.
19. As free peoples, we have long expressed our convictions.
Society has to defend its ideals.
20. We are who we are waiting for. We are the change we want.
If we don't change, nothing will change.
21. We are not yet where we need to be. We all have a lot of work to do.
You don't have to settle for what you have. Every day you have to aspire to something better.
22. If you walk the right path and are willing to keep doing it, you will eventually make a breakthrough.
If you want to advance, follow the right path.
23. Most of the problems I face sometimes involve a clash, not between good and evil, sometimes between two ways of understanding good.
The problems have two points of view.
24. The best way not to feel desperate is to get up and do something.
Always keep moving, so as not to despair in difficulties.
25. I have always believed that hope is that tenacious feeling within us that insists, despite all indications to the contrary.
Never lose hope.
26. We as Americans believe that "all men are created equal," entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Human beings have the right to have a dignified, free and happy life.
27. If you work hard and fulfill your responsibilities, you can get ahead, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or who you love.
Be responsible in everything you do, this speaks very well of you.
28. Democracy can falter when it surrenders to fear.
Fear is a feeling that ends everything.
29. There is no excuse not to try.
Don't let your life be filled with excuses.
30. If you are successful, not only your countries are successful, the world is successful.
A successful person is an example to follow.
31. Your voice can change the world.
Don't stop expressing yourself. You can transform others.
32. The future holds something better for us, as long as we have the courage to keep trying, keep working, keep fighting.
Today's effort will be tomorrow's reality.
33. Sometimes we can have the feeling that great challenges are a thing of the past.
Challenges come up on a daily basis.
34. We choose hope over fear.
We must not give room to fear.
35. Take on the challenge of climate change.
Work and fight for a better planet.
36. If someone is different from you, it is not something you criticize, it is something you appreciate.
All people are different and unique.
37. Not talking to other countries does not make us look tough; makes us look arrogant.
Don't let pride get the better of you.
38. Don't let anyone tell you that your efforts don't matter or that their voice doesn't count.
Do not let yourself be minimized by anything or anyone.
39. Faith does not mean that you have no doubts.
Doubts will always be present.
40. The current threats are not as extreme as those of half a century ago, but the fight for freedom and security and human dignity, that fight continues.
Countries must fight for their freedom and the dignity of their inhabitants.
41. We see the future not as something beyond our control, but as something we can shape to achieve something better through concentrated and collective effort.
The future is a dream that we can shape.
42. We as citizens must remain vigilant against external aggression, we must protect ourselves against the weakening of the values that make us who we are.
There are no reasons for nations to attack each other.
43. Nothing worthwhile in this life is easy.
If something is easy, then discard it, it is not for you.
44. Hope is not blind optimism. It is not ignoring the enormous task ahead or the obstacles that lie in our way.
Hope does not imply that we have to work hard for what we want.
45. Never believe that you cannot make a difference. You may.
It is in your hands to make a difference.
46. We have always understood that when times change we have to change ourselves.
Our change occurs as the environment changes.
47. There is no wall that can resist the yearnings for justice, the longings for freedom, the longings for peace that burn in the hearts of human beings.
Peace, justice and freedom must prevail in every human being.
48. Without stronger action, our children will not have time to debate the existence of climate change because they will be dealing with its effects.
We must look for alternatives to help the environment so that future generations can enjoy this beautiful planet.
49. Where you are now doesn't have to determine where you'll end up.
Our walk always evolves, so nothing is really written.
50. Progress will come in the form of adjustments and starts. It is not always a straight line, it is not always an easy path.
As we move forward, difficulties arise that we have to face.
51. The real test is not if you avoid failure, because you won't. It's if you let it harden, get embarrassed and go into inaction, or if you learn from it.
Failure is inevitable, what you can change is not standing around doing nothing.
52. Greatness is never a gift. It must be earned.
You have to work hard to earn the respect of others.
53. Our values urge us to protect the lives of people we will never meet.
Empathy is a value that we must all apply.
54. Peace is not only the absence of war, but also the presence of a better life.
We must aim to have a better quality of life both personally and socially.
55. If you try, you have the possibility of losing, but if you don't try, you take the loss for granted.
Never stop trying to get things done until it is your reality.
56. No authoritarian regime lasts forever.
There is no tyranny that lasts a lifetime.
57. Love and hope can conquer hate.
Cultivate love and trust. This is the key to overcoming all obstacles.
58. I am not against all wars, I am against one stupid war.
Sometimes there are fights that are necessary, but there are also some that do not make any sense.
59. So today we must look up to that day of peace with justice that our generation wishes for this world.
You have to work every day to bring peace to the world.
60. Hope is that force within us that insists, despite all evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it, work for it, and fight for it.
We must not lose faith and trust that we will overcome every obstacle.
61. Change is never easy, but it is always possible.
Change is not easy, but with work and dedication if you can.
62. History shows that the yearning for human freedom and dignity cannot be denied forever.
Throughout history we observe that the struggle for freedom has been in every period of life.
63. Just because we have the best hammer doesn't mean every problem is a nail.
Do not consider every problem as something difficult to solve.
64. I've learned that if a problem is easy, it should never come to my table.
We must not bring problems home.
65. When we respect the religions practiced in our churches and synagogues, our mosques and our temples, we are more secure.
Respect for different religions and creeds is fundamental within a society.
66. Don't just get involved. Fight for your seat at the table. Better yet, fight for a seat at the head of the table.
Fight to be the best, but do it without harming others.
67. If you are a strong man, you should not feel threatened by strong women.
Women are not the weaker sex, they are humans just like men.
68. When times get tough, we don't give up. We got up.
You do not have to take a step back when difficulties come, but stand up and fight with all your might.
69. Our freedom is a gift from God, it must be cared for by his people here on Earth.
Freedom is a treasure that must not be lost.
70. When we embrace immigrant men and women, with their talents and dreams, we are doing something that renews us.
Do not turn your back on immigrants. They also have a lot to contribute.
71. Nobody built this country on their own. This nation is great because we build it together.
Working as a team is one of the ways to get ahead.
72. I never rule out any possibility in such a complex world.
Everything is possible if we set out to achieve it.
73. We must act knowing that our work will be imperfect.
We should not seek perfection since it does not exist.
74. A great nation has to protect the vulnerable.
Every country has to guarantee the most fragile rights.
75. When we stand up for our gay brothers and lesbian sisters and make their love and their rights are equal to ours before the law, then we are also defending our own Liberty.
We must not mistreat lesbian and gay people.
76. Prosperity without freedom is just another form of poverty.
To be prosperous and happy, you must have freedom.
77. Those who defend justice always occupy the correct side of the story.
People who advocate for truth and justice are on the right track.
78. Change occurs because ordinary people do extraordinary things.
If we all do wonderful things, the world changes and evolves.
79. What makes us America is the belief that all men are equal.
We should all be equal before the laws.
80. We are freer when everyone has the possibility to seek their own happiness.
Seek your happiness and you will become completely free.
81. If you give up on the idea that your voice can make a difference, then other voices will fill that void.
Don't let other people have a say for you. Your voice is important.
82. As long as there are walls in our hearts, we must strive to tear them down.
Never allow your heart to harden due to grudges and hatred.
83. It should be the power of our vote, not the size of our bank accounts, that drives our democracy.
It refers to the importance of voting within a democracy.
84. We cannot confuse absolutism with principles, or substitute spectacle for politics, or treat insults as a reasonable debate.
Good politics allows society to evolve.
85. Peace with justice means a free enterprise that unleashes the talent and creativity that we carry within; In other models, direct economic growth works from the top down or depends solely on resources extracted from the land.
A very accurate and necessary reference about obtaining peace.
86. Our stories may be unique, but our goals are the same.
Goals are something we must achieve by working hard.
87. No union based on freedom and equality can survive half slave and half free.
Nothing that is not obtained through freedom is lasting.
88. When our interests and values are at stake, we have a responsibility to act.
Never stop fighting for what you believe is ethical and true.
89. Keep exploring. Keep dreaming. Keep asking why. You are not satisfied with what you know. Never stop believing in the power of ideas, imagination, and hard work to change the world.
Do not stop dreaming as that helps you to consolidate your goals.
90. We know that our multi-ethnic heritage is a strength, not a weakness.
Coming from a mixture of races makes us stronger.