The 85 best famous Rumi phrases
Jul 15, 2021
Yalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī, better known by the simple name Rumi, he was a poet, religious scholar, and Muslim theologian of ancient Persia. He established himself as one of the most inspiring figures of the thirteenth century after the completion of his book Ma'arif, which is seen as one of the pillars of Sufi culture. In addition, his works have been an important part of Persian, Urdu and Turkish history and literature.
- We recommend you read: "50 great phrases of Gandhi about peace, life and love"
Famous quotes and reflections of Rumi
To learn a little about his wisdom and his oriental influence, we have brought a compilation with the best famous Rumi phrases.
1. Yesterday I was smart so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise so I want to change myself.
If we don't like something, we must change our attitude.
2. Until the cloud weeps, how can the garden flourish?
Sorrows help us grow.
3. Each fragrant flower is telling us the secrets of the universe.
Nature is mystical.
4. Your task is not to search for love, but to search and find the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
It is about being in full capacity to receive it.
5. The garden of the world has no limit except in your mind.
We set our own limits.
6. The beauty you see in me is a reflection of you.
We see the world according to how we see ourselves.
7. Everything that is made beautiful, just and charming is made for the eyes of the beholder.
An open mind is necessary to appreciate the wonders of the world.
8. Let the beauty of what you love be what you are.
Cultivate your interior so that it reflects on the exterior.
9. And you. When are you going to start that long journey within yourself? When?
Any day is ideal to start.
10. Do not be satisfied with stories, how things have gone for others. Reveal your own myth.
Find the things you need on your own.
11. Sow the love of the saints within your spirit; do not give your heart to anything except the love of those with joyful hearts.
Try to share with people who make your life happy.
12. The water in the stream changes many times, but the reflection of the moon and stars in the water is always the same.
Circumstances can change, but we must not let that affect us.
13. I looked for you everywhere, in all religions, and at last I found you… inside my heart.
Differences shouldn't separate us.
14. Wherever you are, and whatever you do, fall in love.
Love is a unique experience.
15. What can I do if you ignore your own worth?
No one can help a person who does not want help.
16. If you want to win hearts, sow the seeds of Love. If you want heaven, stop scattering thorns on the road.
Remember that you receive what you give.
17. Everything in the universe is a jug brimming with wisdom and beauty.
The Universe still has a lot to teach us.
18. Do not feel pain. Everything you lose comes back in another form.
Sometimes you have to lose something to get something better.
19. You don't need to travel somewhere. Travel within yourself. Enter a ruby mine and bathe in the splendor of your own light.
The answers are always within us.
20. You dance inside my chest where no one sees you; but sometimes I see you, and that sight becomes this art.
The people we love the most have a special place in our hearts.
21. Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
Find something that you are passionate about and work on it.
22. Be a lamp, a lifeboat, or a ladder. Help heal someone's soul. Leave your house like a shepherd.
Always offer comfort to whoever needs it.
23. Take one who does not keep accounts. That he does not want to be rich, nor is he afraid of losing, that he has no interest in his personality: he is free.
Free people have no material ties of any kind.
24. Answer every call that excites your spirit.
Do things that excite you.
25. Don't fall in love with the bones, look for the spirit.
We tend to be very superficial when the charm is on the inside.
26. The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.
That is why you have to know people thoroughly.
27. Wounds are the place where the light enters you.
Wounds are reminders of survival and overcoming.
28. Where there is ruin, there is hope for treasure.
A bad day always brings a good time later.
29. Love is the warmth of the light of being. That is why love encompasses everything. Love is the warmth and radiance of oneness. Love is the essence of unity.
Love is what makes us overflow with happiness.
30. Empty yourself of worry. Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide? Move out of the tangle of fear.
A reminder not to cling to problems, but to solutions.
31. Pretending to love is easy. But you have to provide evidence (and arguments).
A lie never holds up for long.
32. Friendships should support us and enrich our lives and we should not surround ourselves with people who look down on us and make us feel smaller.
Don't hang around with people who make you feel bad.
33. You were born with potential. You were born with kindness and trust. You were born with ideals and dreams. You were born great. You were born with wings. You are not meant to crawl, so don't. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly.
We all have a purpose and a talent for achieving it.
34. Be grateful to whoever comes, because each one has been sent as a guide from beyond.
Gratitude is important to appreciate the benefits of life.
35. My soul is from somewhere else, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end there.
A reference to not being afraid of death.
36. There is a morning inside of you waiting to burst into the light.
We all have the ability to grow.
37. Work in the invisible world at least as hard as you do in the visible.
This phrase invites us to work within ourselves with the same strength that we stand out on the outside.
38. Beyond the ideas of good and evil there is a field. There we will meet.
You have to find a neutral point to relate to others.
39. Ignorance is the prison of God. Wisdom is the palace of God.
Ignorance never brings benefits.
40. Put your thoughts to sleep, don't let them cast a shadow on the moon of your heart.
Repetitive thoughts overwhelm us.
41. Do not think that the garden loses its ecstasy in winter. It is silent, but its roots are there below.
A bad moment does not make us lose our essence.
42. Whenever beauty looks, love is also there.
Love is the representation of real beauty.
43. Be like a tree and drop dead leaves.
Get rid of the things that do not bring good to your life.
44. Friend, our closeness is this: wherever you put your foot, feel me firmly under you.
Many of us have thousands of things in common.
45. Be suspicious of what you want.
Desires can lead us to excessive ambition.
46. Believe in yourself. You have the energy of the sun in you.
We can be unstoppable if we believe in ourselves.
47. You must tear down parts of a building to restore it, and the same goes for a life that has no spirit.
It is necessary to eliminate all those ailments that prevent us from improving.
48. There's a basket of fresh bread on your head and you still go door to door asking for crusts.
Never beg for love from anyone.
49. You were born with wings. Why do you prefer to crawl through life?
Conformity will never get you where you want to go.
50. Beauty surrounds us but normally we need to walk in a garden to know it.
Sometimes we think that beauty is just those extravagant things that dazzle us.
51. These pains that you feel are messengers. Listen to them.
Sadness must never be silenced, as they tell us what is wrong to be corrected.
52. A person is not in love if love does not illuminate her soul.
Love has to fill every piece of us.
53. Anyone who really and consistently searches for something with both hands will find it.
If you want something, chase it until you find it.
54. Set your life on fire. Look for those who fan your flames.
Find reasons to move on every day.
55. What you are looking for is looking for you.
Anything you want you can get.
56. Come, search, because the search is the basis of all fortune: Each success depends on what the heart seeks.
As long as it is an honest and beneficial search, you will be able to reach your goal.
57. Become heaven. Use an ax against the prison wall. Escape.
Don't expect anything or anyone to grow and shine.
58. Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
Don't be afraid to take a chance.
59. There is an invisible force within us; When it recognizes two opposing objects of desire, it becomes stronger.
The obstacles only test our capacities to reinforce them.
60. When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving within you, a joy. When the action comes from another place, the feeling disappears.
The things you do with passion have a deeper and more important meaning.
61. It is the rain that makes the flowers grow, not the thunder.
Learn from your mistakes and don't push yourself to pursue perfection.
62. Except for tender love, I don't sow another seed.
The only seed you must feed daily.
63. We carry within us the wonders that we seek outside of ourselves.
That is why it is necessary to work within ourselves.
64. Not everyone speaks the same language, but those who share the same sentiment understand each other.
The barriers are imposed by our ignorance.
65. How can there be tiredness when passion is present? Oh, do not sigh heavily from fatigue: Seek passion, seek it, seek it!
Passion helps us regain strength when it seems that we are losing it.
66. Do not stray from the intention of your heart.
Follow your road.
67. Each has been manufactured for a particular job, and the desire for that job has been placed in every heart.
The work you choose to do, do it with love.
68. Your legs will get heavy and tired. Then it will be time to feel the wings that you have raised.
The rewards come after hard effort.
69. Wear gratitude as a cloak and it will cover every corner of your life.
Be grateful for every new thing you have.
70. Raise your words, not your voice.
Find your place without going over anyone else.
71. Here is a letter for everyone. Open it. He says; it lives.
Life is to be lived.
72. Isn't it time to turn your heart over, to a temple of fire?
If something doesn't satisfy you, then it's time to change.
73. Silence is the language of God, everything else is a poor translation.
Silence helps us think clearly.
74. A secret freedom opens through a crack that can hardly be seen.
Freedom is in doing things without being ashamed of it.
75. Become living poetry.
Find beauty in every corner of your life.
76. To change, a person must face the dragon of her appetites with another dragon, the life energy of the soul.
If we want to change, it is necessary to face our fears.
77. Let the truth be the fragrance of the soul, and not the agitation of the world.
The truth must be present in every act.
78. Patience is the key to joy.
Patience helps us get to the right place, at the right time.
79. Stay with friends who support you. Talk to them about the sacred texts, and how you are doing, and how they are doing.
A true friendship is one that supports you and helps you grow.
80. I know you're tired, but come on, this is the way.
We can have a moment of demotivation, but never lose enthusiasm.
81. Only from the heart can you touch the sky.
The most valuable things are done from the inside.
82. Before death takes what has been given to you, give what you have to give.
It's no use keeping your treasures on your deathbed.
83. Lovers are nowhere to be found. They find each other all the time.
When you find the ideal person, everything seems to make sense.
84. Instead of looking at your flaws, focus on the search.
A lesson to ponder.
85. There is a source within you. Don't walk with an empty bucket.
If you can do something great, why not do it?