The 100 best phrases about style and fashion
Jul 15, 2021
The world of fashion can be seen as a frivolous and exclusive high-end item. However, this it is a space for many artists to express themselves and bring their creativity to life. Thus giving way to multiple opportunities to make people feel safe and confident, every time they wear an item of clothing they love.
Great quotes and reflections on the world of fashion
To show this side of the textile universe, we bring below the best phrases about style and fashion, so that you see clothes with new eyes.
1. Elegance is the only beauty that never goes away. (Audrey Hepburn)
Being elegant gives a person an indescribable beauty.
2. Walk like you have three men behind you. (Oscar de la Renta)
The woman and her elegance.
3. The most important thing when dressing is a smile. (Ann Taylor)
A smile is always captivating.
4. Personality begins where comparisons end. (Karl Lagerfeld)
Never compare yourself to anyone, you are a unique and special being.
5. Fashion fades, only style remains the same. (Coco Chanel)
Do not focus on fashion as it is fleeting.
6. God is really just another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. He doesn't have a real style, he just keeps trying other things. (Pablo Picasso)
The style does not follow a fixed norm.
7. Not the appearance, is the essence. It's not the money, it is education. Its not the clothes, is the class. (Coco Chanel)
If you are yourself, have education and class, you can achieve everything you set your mind to.
8. Over the years I have learned that the important thing in a dress is the woman who wears it. (Yves Saint Laurent)
The person makes the dress and not the other way around.
9. A good design can withstand the fashion of 10 years. (Yves Saint Laurent)
If an item of clothing has an excellent design, it will never go out of style.
10. The depth of a person is not measured by the footprint that he leaves when he passes, but by the distance that his gaze covers. (Carolina Herrera)
What leads to success is the distance we want to travel.
11. Fashion is not about looking back. It's always about looking ahead. (Anna Wintour)
The world of fashion must direct its steps towards the future.
12. Finding your own style is not easy, but once you find it it brings you complete happiness. It gives you confidence in yourself, always. (Yves Saint Laurent)
Look hard for that style that makes you feel comfortable.
13. Elegance is not a way of life, it is a style. Elegance is education, that is, knowing how to say: with permission, please and excuse me. Because you can dress well, but if you don't have an education, your clothes will only be a costume. (Christian Dior)
Above all, have a good education, without it you will be nobody.
14. The zest for life is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty without enthusiasm. (Christian Dior)
The secret of happiness is to have enthusiasm in everything you do.
15. There is no better designer than nature. (Alexander McQueen)
Nature is a special muse for many designers.
16. Give a woman the right shoes and she will conquer the world. (Marilyn Monroe)
It refers to the importance of the correct footwear when combining with a suitable outfit.
17. We don't need fashion to survive, we just want it. (Marc Jacobs)
Fashion is something important, but not fundamental to living.
18. Now everyone wants to be what Americans call cool. For me, cool is a glass of water with lots of ice. (Carolina Herrera)
Looking good means wearing the right clothes and having a unique style.
19. A designer who has a fashion house cannot make a potpourri, he has to have a line and a style that goes with his house. (Carolina Herrera)
Clothing must be consistent with the personality.
20. The difference between style and fashion is in quality. (Giorgio Armani)
The quality of the garments is what really matters.
21. To have style you need to know who you are.
Each person is unique, therefore, her style too.
22. The dress must follow the body of a woman. It is not the body that must adapt to the dress. (Hubert Givenchy)
The garment has to adapt to the female figure and not the other way around.
23. Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of the day to day. (Bill Cunningham)
Many people seek to appear through fashion, something that they are not.
24. We laugh at yesterday's fashion, but we get excited about yesterday's fashion when it is on its way to becoming tomorrow's. (Marlene Dietrich)
Fashion is a constant throwback to times that were shocking.
25. In the world of fashion it is easy to get carried away by the storm. (Adolfo Domíguez)
Make reference to the complexity of the world of fashion.
26. Color is essential for people's optimism. (Diane Von Fürstenberg)
Color is essential in any design.
27. A wedding dress is intimate and personal for a woman. It should reflect the personality and style of the bride. (Carolina Herrera)
The wedding dress should reflect the elegance and style of the bride.
28. Elegance is the science of doing nothing the same as others, seeming to do everything in the same way as them. (Honoré de Balzac)
Being different is the essential.
29. I don't design clothes. Design dreams. (Ralph Lauren)
The goal of a designer is to fulfill people's dream.
30. Women dress the same all over the world: they dress to annoy other women. (Elsa Schiaparelli)
Dress for yourself, not to attract the attention of others.
31. Style is a way of saying who you are without having to speak. (Rachel Zoe)
Let your style when it comes to dressing speak for you.
32. What is fashion? It is discipline. Discipline, and a creed to do only the best, down to the smallest detail. (Manolo Blahnik)
Taking care of even the smallest detail is what makes a great designer.
33. If I were a fashion designer who only follows trends or who designs for celebrities, I would not feel fulfilled. (Christian Lacroix)
Fashion should focus on representing everyone's style.
34. When we see a natural style, we are amazed and delighted; because we expected to see an author and we found a person. (Blaise Pascal)
A simple and natural style also has its charm.
35. Today, anyone can dress chic with cheap clothes. There are elegant designs at any budget level. You can be the most stylish person in the world just with a T-shirt and jeans, the differential factor is you. (Karl Lagerfeld)
It is the person with their elegance and style who determines what looks good or not.
36. Clothes are like a great breakfast, a good movie, a great piece of music. (Michael Kors)
Wearing the right clothes is synonymous with elegance and glamor.
37. Anyone can dress classy and glamorous, but it's more interesting to see how people dress on their days off. (Alexander Wang)
You have to know how to dress not only on important occasions, but also on a day-to-day basis.
38. Fashion is for fun, not for enslavement. (Adolfo Domíguez)
When choosing clothes, it should be a pleasant moment and not one of submission.
39. I want to create something that she is going to want to wear, no matter who she is. (Oscar de la Renta)
Every designer has to design for the woman, not for a specific one.
40. I always believed that style was more important than fashion. They are rare, those who imposed their style while the fashion manufacturers are so numerous. (Yves Saint Laurent)
Knowing our style, the choice of clothes is easier.
41. True elegance does not consist in improving what we wear, but in improving what we wear. (Francisco Grandmontagne)
When you are elegant, every garment looks good.
42. Style arises when we know who we are, and who we want to be in the world. It doesn't come from wanting to be someone else, or wanting to be slimmer, shorter, taller, prettier. (Nina Garcia)
We must first know what personality we have so that the style emerges by itself.
43. Elegance is not an outfit, it is a philosophy. (George Brummel)
Being stylish is something we all need to learn.
44. Although it seems trivial, they say that clothing has another purpose beyond keeping us warm. It changes our vision of the world and the vision that the world has of us. (Virginia Woolf)
Knowing what outfit to wear is what makes you interesting and important.
45. Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not caring about anything. (Orson Welles)
A person with great self-confidence reflects it in the way she dresses.
46. Empowering women is something I do through clothing, a very effective means of achieving it. (Donatella Versace)
An empowered woman is one who speaks through the clothes she wears.
47. The most important thing to remember is that you can wear the best clothes or the best shoes, but you have to have a good spirit inside. (Alicia Keys)
A certain brand does not define your style.
48. Style is the substance of the subject incessantly called to the surface. (Victor Hugo)
Each person has her style.
49. What you wear is the way you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so ephemeral. Fashion is an instant language. (Miuccia Prada)
Take care of the way you dress as it is your cover letter.
50. I think there is beauty in everything. What normal people will perceive as ugly, I can perceive as beautiful. (Alexander McQueen)
We all have our own definition of fashion.
51. Foolish women follow fashion. Pretentious women exaggerate it, but women of good taste agree with it. (Gabrielle de Breteuil)
Every woman must adapt to fashion and make the best of it.
52. What amazes me is that, in theory, fashion changes every 6 months, and yet everyone wears the same. (Agatha Ruiz de la Prada)
Not all people dress according to the fashion of the moment.
53. Fashion is about dreaming and making other people dream. (Donatella Versace)
Designers create their designs based on the way they see the world and fashion.
54. A great personal style is a curiosity, about you. (Iris Apfel)
Having a unique style is something that attracts attention.
55. The true weapon of every gentleman is his elegance. (John Malkovich)
An elegant man always draws attention to where he wants him to go.
56. Fashion makes women feel powerful, beautiful, and confident. (Victoria Beckham)
A well dressed woman feels invincible, strong and determined.
57. Know yourself and then dress accordingly. (Epictetus)
Before choosing clothes, get to know yourself.
58. People will look at you. Make it worth it. (Harry Winston)
Make sure that when they look at you, they can't forget you.
59. I like to look at the style of street girls, because they are different. I am inspired by whatever they wear. (Anna Wintour)
Inspiration is everywhere.
60. You are like a butterfly, at all times you must be receptive; at all times you must be attentive and notice the little things to be creative. (Hubert de Givenchy)
Creativity is the main thing in the world of fashion.
61. I don't like common beauty. There is no beauty without rarity. (Karl Lagerfeld)
The original and peculiar also has its charms.
62. True elegance is in the mind. If you have it, the rest comes from it. (Diana Vreeland)
Elegance is something innate in every person.
63. Style is wearing an evening dress to McDonald's and heels to football. It is personality, confidence and seduction. (John Galliano)
The woman, with great self-esteem, can wear any garment and attract attention.
64. I wanted to be a fashion designer and I became it. That is why I think that everything is possible. (Jean Paul Gaultier)
Dreams are possible for those who try.
65. The style of one man should not be the rule of the other. (Jane Austen)
Every man should have his own style.
66. Everyone can do little things and make a difference, everything counts. (Stella McCartney)
An outfit is meaningless if it does not have that little detail that enhances it.
67. Clothes are not going to change the world, the women who wear them will. (Anne Klein)
Clothes by themselves have no power, but whoever wears them.
68. Don't let fashion dominate you. You decide who you are and what you want to express. (Gianni Versace)
Don't be a slave to fashion.
69. Fashion is not sublime. It is the harmony that reigns between the suit and the woman. The absolute union. alchemy. (Alberta Ferretti)
Every dress conforms to that body that is designed for him.
70. Designing is doing the most with the least. (Richard Buckminster Fuller)
A good designer does a lot with little.
71. Fashion is expensive. Style no. Some of the most elegant girls I know are certainly not the richest. (Nina Garcia)
Having style is a very different thing that has nothing to do with money.
72. A man who shows interest in his physical appearance is still judged on his sexuality. (Olivier Rousteing)
A man's good taste has nothing to do with his manhood.
73. Fashion can be bought, style must be owned. (Edna Woolman Chase)
Clothes are bought; style and elegance, no.
74. Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them. (Marc Jacobs)
Fashion represents something special for those who live from it.
75. Purity, intense emotions. It's not about the design. It's about feelings. (Alber Elbaz)
If seeing a garment catches your eye, then it is for you.
76. It is not the style of clothing you wear, or the type of car you drive, or the amount of money you have in the bank that counts. These don't mean anything. It is simply the service that measures success. (George Washington Carver)
Being successful does not depend on fashion.
77. If I were a fashion designer who only follows trends or who designs for celebrities, I would not feel fulfilled. (Christian Lacroix)
It refers to the importance of buying quality clothing.
78. Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you up physically and emotionally. (Christian Louboutin)
Footwear can ruin or magnify a suit.
79. Creative research is the trick or secret that makes any original design stand out. (John Galiano)
Before you go shopping, make sure what really looks good on you.
80. Design is the silent ambassador of a brand. (Paul Rand)
A brand is renowned if its designs captivate the public.
81. I did not grow up in a wealthy family. We were a middle class American family. But we knew the rules. We knew that a wedding in the afternoon was with a day suit, that black shoes were worn with blue suits and brown shoes with gray. (Tom Ford)
Knowing how to wear the right garment at the right time makes the difference.
82. It is so modern to be comfortable. It is so modern to wear something that is easy, that travels well… It is so modern to find new ways of dressing to replace the tailored suit. (Calvin Klein)
Being well dressed and classy, does not neglect comfort and modernity.
83. Fashion should be a form of escapism, not a deprivation of liberty. (Alexander McQueen)
Being fashionable should not be something slavish.
84. Comfort is very important to me. I think people live better in big houses and with big clothes. (Gianni Versace)
A garment should be comfortable without neglecting elegance and style.
85. Fashion is what designers offer you four times a year. The style is what you choose. (Lauren Hutton)
Never allow yourself to lose your style because of fashion.
86. An artist should never be a prisoner. Prisoner? An artist must never be a prisoner of himself, a prisoner of style, a prisoner of reputation, a prisoner of success, etc. (Henri Matisse)
A designer must be open to many possibilities.
87. In a way, fashion for me is purely and blissfully irrational. (Hedi Slimane)
For many people, fashion has to be irreverent and free.
88. A great dress can remind you that there is beauty in your life. (Rachel Boy)
A good dress makes you look as cute as you really are.
89. Power no longer resides in haute couture. Now it's on the girl in the street and what she's wearing. (Pierre Cardin)
Ordinary people have a style that attracts a lot of attention.
90. Why do people think that if you do not dress, others will appreciate your beauty more, that style will somehow emanate from you, it is garbage. If you dress, it helps your personality to emerge, if you choose well. (Vivienne Westwood)
Dressing in recognized brands is not a guarantee of style and elegance.
91. What is male and what is female, anyway? Why shouldn't men show that they can be fragile or seductive? I am simply happy when there is no discrimination. (Jean Paul Gaultier)
Fashion exists for both men and women.
92. Style is a simple way of saying complicated things. (Jean Cocteau)
Have a simple style.
93. If someone does something bad to you, you have to sit on the river bank and watch the corpse float. Which means that evil must not be paid with evil, but rather hope that fate will take care of it. (Riccardo Tisci)
In the world of fashion there is a lot of competition.
94. Make it simple, but meaningful. (Don Draper)
Fashion can be something simple and straightforward.
95. I think the style is to be so comfortable and confident in what you are wearing. That's the style, because everyone has a different style. (Tom Brady)
Feeling comfortable with a style is paramount.
96. Skip the rules and laugh at it all. (Domenico Dolce)
The world of fashion also allows changes.
97. Anyone can dress classy and glamorous, but it's more interesting to see how people dress on their days off. (Alexander Wang)
Casual fashion, which is worn daily, also requires good design.
98. Styles come and go. Good design is a language, not a style. ) Massimo Vignelli)
Good design never goes out of style.
99. I am especially grateful that I have been able to maintain my own style for decades, despite the many changes that have taken place in the world of fashion and its businesses. (Valentino Garavani)
It refers to the importance of maintaining a style throughout life.
100. Fashion has to reflect who you are, what you feel at the moment and where you are going. (Pharrell Williams)
Don't let fashion rule you, rule her.