The 45 best phrases of Neil Armstrong
Jul 15, 2021
There are many phrases by Neil Armstrong that were recorded in history books because of the scientific and technological implications of it. The first human being to step on the Moon symbolizes many things, and most of them have to do with the way in which that we are able to go beyond our biological limitations to do what previously seemed impossible.
- Related article: "101 motivational phrases to focus on success"
The most famous Neil Armstrong quotes
We will all remember the images of the first astronaut to walk on the moon, back in 1969. Neil Armstrong, who had served as a military pilot in the Korean War, studied aeronautics and commanded the first expedition to lunar territory with Apollo 11, he would become a reference to world level.
According to government statements, and NASA itself, it was initially believed that the mission would have a high probability of failure. So much so that the president of the time, Richard Nixon, claimed to have prepared a written speech in case the spacemen never returned. However, there are efforts that are rewarded by unique experiences, and the trajectory of Neil Armstrong and his team is an example of this.
Below you will find the most remembered phrases of this astronaut, who is surely the most remembered and quoted in all of history.
1. A small step for man, a great step for humanity
Surely it is the most famous phrase of the 20th century regarding the space race.
2. Research is creating new knowledge
Armstrong was a great advocate for science across the board, as it is helpful and greatly enhances our well-being.
3. The mystery creates the surprise
It is the reason for human development, curiosity is reproduced in knowledge.
- You may be interested: "50 mythical phrases that have gone down in history"
4. Suddenly it occurred to me that it was a huge blue pea. It was the earth
It's how he described seeing him from space.
5. I didn't feel like a giant, but like a dwarf
One of the reflections on the emotional impact of being on the Moon.
6. Surprise is the human desire to understand
From the unexpected, the incredible is born.
7. Research responds to finding out what we do not know
We are always wanting to know more.
8. When you feel overconfident, something goes crazy and bites you
Good phrase by Armstrong to know how to face situations that seem easy.
9. I always loved helping to solve problems, wherever they were
Neil was always a teamwork person.
10. The space race provided a mechanism for cooperation between adversaries
In the middle of the Cold War the two superpowers had moments of cooperation.
11. The arrival to the Moon was a distraction that could prevent a war
Once again, this event calmed the warlike tempers between the USSR and the United States.
12. I always thought there was a 90% chance of being successful
Under the circumstances, Neil was extremely positive.
13. In life you have to accept a percentage of risk depending on what you are going to achieve
In order to be successful, you have to take risks.
14. When you take off and in the situation you are in, the truth is that it is difficult to hear anything
It's what Neil felt when taking off.
15. When things go wrong, what you have to think about is doing your job well and thinking only about it.
We do not have control over all the variables that affect us.
16. Stepping on the Moon was a special and memorable moment, but we had to restrain ourselves because we had work to do at that moment.
The excitement when they got there was such that they had to hold back.
17. I know the moon is waiting for us
Neil Armstrong was eager to reach that scientific milestone.
18. If we had had a lunar module, we would have landed
Some complications could be avoided.
19. I would love to travel to Mars
There are always goals to pursue.
20. The views were simply majestic, beyond any viewing experience I have ever had
With this phrase we can understand the experience it entails.
21. Conspiracy theories are very popular with people, they are very attractive, but they do not affect me, I know that someone will go back there and bring my camera back
The gossips say that it was an act of manipulation to win the USSR in its space race.
22. Going to war made me a better person... from what I saw there
With this phrase he describes what he could see in the conflict, and at the same time it is a nod to pacifism.
23. Houston, this is Tranquility Base. The eagle has landed
The first phrase of tranquility they expected from Apollo 11.
24. I have no intention of wasting my heartbeat running doing exercises
He was not very fond of physical exercise.
25. We have only completed the beginning, you. we leave them much that has not been done
As a team, it is the basis of how a good research work is carried out.
26. The first thing he wanted to do as a kid was design airplanes.
From a young age Neil Armstrong was clear about what he wanted to be.
27. There are great undiscovered ideals, breakthroughs available that can remove one of the protective layers of truth.
He always wanted to go one step further, and he was one of the mentors of the trips to Mars.
28. I can honestly say that I have had no dreams of traveling to the Moon
Funny phrase with which few of us agree.
29. I guess we all like to be recognized
Glory is part of success.
30. Geologists have a saying: rocks remember
This is how he wanted to settle the controversy about the alleged falsity of the facts.
31. Pilots don't like to walk, just fly
He always had a passion for aviation.
32. We came in peace for all mankind
It was one of the phrases Neil Armstrong uttered while on the Moon.
33. I am and always will be a nerdy engineer with glasses and pocket protector
Neil didn't mind this stereotype about scientists.
34. I put my thumb up and erased the Earth
One of the ways to describe how small everything can be.
35. The Apollo journey shows that our possibilities are limitless
Laid the foundations of the aeronautical revolution.
36. I commanded the mission by chance, nothing was planned
The luck factor is also important.
37. Gliders or sailing planes, it is the closest thing to feeling a bird
With this phrase she intended to describe the sensation of flying.
38. Science has yet to master prophecy
For the astronaut, everything is to be discovered and verified.
39. We predict too much for next year, and nothing for the next 10
A critique of the world of science and technological development.
40. My only regret is that my job took a long time
Not all are easy ways for a highly successful person.
41. Being up there I only thought of going home
Neil Armstrong was torn between emotion and fear constantly.
42. We were in infinity, but we were moving in about 35 square meters
Harsh conditions had to withstand the team of astronauts.
43. I will always be remembered for that, but I am quite an ordinary person.
With this phrase he wanted to demonstrate the humility that preceded him.
44. Success creates enemies everywhere
With this phrase he shows us, once again, that success is not a guarantee of admiration.
45. When we got to the mainland I felt fear
It was one of the phrases he said as soon as he landed.