The 31 best phrases of Steven Spielberg
Jul 15, 2021
Steven Spielberg (Cincinnati, 1946) is a director, screenwriter and film producer born in the United States. His cinematographic work is absolutely essential to understanding cinema in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Idol of masses in Hollywood, popular culture holds a privileged place for Spielberg. Movies like E.T. the alien, the saga of Indiana Jones or Schindler's List they are part of the cultural heritage of any cinephile.
- "The 25 best phrases of Robert De Niro"
- "60 movie phrases that marked the history of cinema"
The best famous quotes of Steven Spielberg
To review the trajectory and thought of this phenomenal director, we have proposed to collect the best phrases of Steven Spielberg. He will talk about life, about friendship and, above all, about the seventh art.
1. I love the smell of movies.
A peculiar way of approaching the emotions that the cinema gives off.
2. Every time I see a movie in the theater it is magical, no matter what its plot.
In this sentence, Spielberg tells us about his unconditional love for everything that surrounds the seventh art.
3. I don't think any person in any war in the world sees himself as a hero.
Declared pacifistSpielberg has opposed all the imperialist wars of the United States.
4. Every year we are all a different person. I don't think we stay the same person our entire lives.
Change is the only permanent thing, as the very Heraclitus.
5. People have forgotten how to tell a story. The stories no longer have a middle and an end, but a beginning that never ends.
Famous quote that inquires about the vital narrative.
6. We have a lot of time ahead of us to create the dreams that we don't even imagine dreaming.
Phrase of inveterate dreamer; absolutely necessary to build science fiction movies with Spielberg's clairvoyance.
7. In desperate times, desperate measures must be taken.
Recurrently used phrase in political contexts.
8. People have to look beyond television or the press. And consider whether a leader speaks from the heart and fights for his own beliefs or is limited to transmitting the ideas of others.
On the ability to perceive a true leadership.
9. Nothing that I do as a filmmaker is motivated by awards. (...) Awards may seem like the icing on the cake, but for most of us the icing is just getting the job done.
A self-respecting filmmaker should not have any kind of recognition in mind.
10. It makes no sense for my country to trade with North Korea and China and not with Cuba.
On the double standards in the economic and commercial policy of the United States, his native country.
11. War destroys the intellect. When that happens, it all comes down to reaction, and the person discovers more quickly who he really is.
The misery of war conflicts and their effects on the lives of the victims.
12. Humor is important in politics, as in all aspects of life.
In fact, in almost all of his feature films, humor plays a key role.
13. You know? I don't really look into myself much when I'm working on a project. All that I am becomes what the movie is. But I can change; you change.
Mutability through the needs of each argument.
14. Many of my films are about the way I wish the world to be, and that is part of my art, which is, after all, an interpretive art.
Utopia and how to move towards it with a firm step.
15. I dream to live.
One of the most beautiful and memorable Steven Spielberg quotes.
16. We have a lot of time ahead of us to create the dreams that we don't even imagine dreaming.
Time, infinite and impassive, wait for us to take part in the realization of our dreams.
17. Expect the best. There would be no progress if we think that the glass is half empty and we fear the worst. That has always been my philosophy: I am an optimist.
Optimistic phrase where there are.
18. I was doing a lot of 8mm home movies, since I was twelve years old, doing little dramas and comedies with the neighborhood kids.
On his intrepid beginnings in the world of cinema.
19. So I try to re-invent my own eye every time I face a new subject. But it is difficult, because everyone has style. I can't help it.
The aesthetic vices and manias always remain there.
20. Most of my assumptions about a production are often wrong.
When approaching a new project, most preconceptions end up bumping into reality.
21. Popular movements are very important because they give voice to problems, and the people want representatives who express their problems. In fact, America was created through a popular movement, which came from the bottom up.
A reflection by Steven Spielberg on social and political movements.
22. I am not very interested in making money.
Despite this phrase, Spielberg is one of the directors who have earned the most in his professional career.
23. One of my daughters is a competitive horse jumper, we live with the horses, we have stables on our property. But I don't ride. I watch, and I worry.
An adorable phrase about love for his daughters.
24. I didn't take any poetic license with 'Schindler's List', because that was a historical document, in fact.
On the rawness of the film.
25. If I were not a director, I would want to be a film composer.
With this nice phrase, Steven Spielberg makes us understand that his passion is cinema.
26. I interviewed the survivors, I went to Poland, I saw the cities and I spent time with the people and I spoke with Jews who had returned to Poland after the war and I spoke about why they had returned.
About the filming of Schindler's List.
27. Documentaries are the first line of education, and the second line of education is dramatization, like 'The Pacific'.
Another film of his with a great dramatic component.
28. There is a fine line between censorship and good taste and moral responsibility.
In troubled times, it is difficult to discern between freedom of expression and responsibility in one's words or actions.
29. A lot of the movies I've made probably would have worked just as well 50 years ago, and because of this, I have a lot of old-school values.
His work is certainly timeless and imperishable.
30. My father took me to my first movie.
Recalling his early childhood with whom he discovered his passion.
31. When war comes, two things happen - profits rise far above all perishable goods. This becomes a market for them.
On the real cause of most war conflicts.