The 24 best famous phrases of Lenin
Jul 16, 2021
Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (1870 - 1924) is an essential figure to understand the future of European politics in the 20th century.
Russian Communist politician, revolutionary and writer, he led the Russian Social Democratic Workers Party into the October Revolution of 1917, which ended the rule of the tsars and inaugurated a period of socialism in the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR). His contribution to the theoretical legacy of Marxism is known as Leninism.
- "The 45 best phrases about Economics and Finance"
Once in power, Lenin applied various reforms to return to the State all those goods and means of production that until then were the fiefdom of a privileged few. His role in World War I was also controversial.
His fundamental role in understanding the Russian Revolution and his theoretical writings make Lenin a character that is the object of study in any faculty of social sciences. In today's article we will get closer to this historical figure through a compilation of Lenin's best phrases.
1. It is necessary to dream, but with the condition of believing in our dreams. To carefully examine real life, to confront our observation with our dreams, and to scrupulously carry out our fantasy.
Historical materialism concentrated in a single famous quote.
2. A small but useful work - Mr. Krivenko reasons deeply - is much better than a great leisure.
Anything that brings us closer to progress is welcome.
3. It is true that freedom is a precious thing, so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
Paradox about freedom, one of the most remembered phrases of Vladimir Lenin.
4. Marxism is almighty because it is true.
On the ideals of Karl Marx, which Lenin made his own and developed.
5. The revolution is war, the only truly legitimate, just, and great war, among all those history has known. In Russia, this war has been declared, and it has started.
Lenin's phrase pronounced in 1905, years before ending the empire of the tsars.
6. One capitalist devours many others.
On the voracious character of the capitalist system.
7. The intelligentsia run the companies of the manufacturers and can run the popular industry.
Famous quote about factory owners.
8. Monopolies and similar institutions can and should, of course, be challenged, since they undoubtedly worsen the situation of the worker; ...
On monopolies and oligopolies and their devastating effect on the economy of employees.
9. That among Marxists there is no complete unanimity, it is true... this fact does not show the weakness, but precisely the strength and vitality of the Russian Social Democracy.
On the different ideological currents that make up Marxism.
10. It is a truth that is often learned from the enemy in politics.
Knowing the enemy's strategy gives good ideas to apply to your own strategy.
11. There is no revolutionary theory without revolutionary practice and vice versa.
Taking action is the duty of any good theorist. Theorizing is also the duty of any revolutionary.
12. The revolution is not made, but is organized.
Peculiar vision about the verb to use.
13. This is the mercantile economy, which necessarily originates competition between commodity producers, inequality, the ruin of some and the enrichment of others.
On the endless loop of capital.
14. Imperialism emerged as a direct development and continuation of the fundamental properties of capitalism.
One of Lenin's phrases that has been most discussed and studied.
15. The idea of determinism, which establishes the necessity of man's actions and rejects the absurd legend of the free agency, does not in any way nullify the intelligence or conscience of man, nor does the valuation of his Actions.
Especially philosophical phrase.
16. That is Trotsky! Always true to himself; scrambles, scam, poses on the left and helps on the right.
Excerpt from a letter in which he makes clear his animosity towards Trotsky.
17. Except for power, everything is illusion.
Curious and mysterious phrase.
18. Marx conceives of social movement as a natural process governed by laws that are not only independent of the will, the conscience and the intention of men, but also determine their will, their conscience and their intentions.
Reflection on some wise words from Karl Marx.
19. The State is the weapon of repression of one class over another.
His definition of the modern state.
20. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem, act!
Perhaps, Lenin's most remembered famous quote.
21. Capital becomes a hindrance to the mode of production that has prospered with it and under its protection.
Another reflection about the functioning of capitalism.
22. The new means of control have been created not by us but by capitalism in its military-imperialist stage.
Imperialism certainly develops weapons and all kinds of devices for the control and repression of the population.
23. Furthermore, in order to abolish corporate profit it will be necessary to expropriate the employers, whose profits come precisely from the fact that they have monopolized the means of production.
One of the basic precepts of the Marxist doctrine.
24. Music can be a medium for the rapid destruction of society.
Surprising reflection on music.