6 elements to consider for a healthier life
Jul 16, 2021
Between my years of training and education, both in sports and in health, they always ask me, Álvaro, what is the most important thing when living a healthy life?
My answer is always the same, eat right and exercise constantly no matter what sport you play. Immediately afterwards, he comes to my other question: What if I am one of those who hardly do sports?
Well then I will give you some tips for living a healthy life and balanced adequately. Regardless of whether or not you exercise, these 6 tips will still help you.
- Related article: "The 10 psychological benefits of practicing physical exercise"
Living a healthier life: some keys to keep in mind
To keep you in better shape, nothing like taking care of the two main pillars that keep us healthy: diet and exercise. Let's see how to take the first steps in that direction based on these guidelines.
1. Each organism is a world
In my case, I am allergic to coffee, so I always have to take it with something in my stomach, because if I don't do it like that, the nausea will be uncontrollable. In the same way, it is important to understand that not everything we eat and do in our daily lives has to serve everyone. the rest, for this reason, do not believe in someone who tells you "look! They gave me the apple diet, it worked for me, take it!"
It's important to put attention on each body has genetics predisposed to hormonal levels, which will always be individual. Starting from this, it is important to say that there are several types of bodies:
- Ectomorph: Difficulty gaining weight, people with very low fat percentages all the time, but are very very skinny.
- Mesomorph: There is no greater difficulty in gaining muscle, but with all that muscle, some extra fat is normal.
- Endomorph: they have great facility to gain weight, but with a higher percentage of fat than the previous ones. Here I must make a clarification, the visible fat percentage in our body does not refer to cholesterol in the blood, since our body can look slim, but our LDL or HDL may be elevated, so it is important to go to a doctor to check our blood cholesterol regularly. It is also important to understand that metabolism can change with sports practice, so doing sports will help you go from being endomorphic to mesomorphic if you wish.
2. Look for sugars and unrefined carbohydrates
A baked potato can have the same carbohydrates as a candy, but they will never be the same, since natural sugars are not the same as refined ones.
There are different types of carbohydrates, but we always have to flee to those that are refined since they have to be transformed into sugar quickly and this has to affect our organism as a general rule.
- You may be interested: "Sugar addiction: the disease of the 21st century"
3. There is no magic pill
Although nutritional supplements are very good they are not the only answer, they will help you, but not Expect magic neither from them, nor from any cream, operation or potion, since all will have flaws and these are will see if not, you reinforce them with exercise routines.
4. Water is life
Water is what governs our digestion, heart rate, among many other functions in the body, so drinking water in proper conditions will even help you lose weight.
5. Loves onion, garlic, and ginger
These 3 elements are practically natural antibiotics that they will help your body to always be strong. In addition to that, ginger is used to lose weight in infusions and teas.
- Related article: "18 benefits of ginger for your body and your health"
Studies have shown that people who sincerely smile are in better health than those who don't, so smile, it's free!