The 90 best phrases of generosity
Nov 09, 2021
Generosity is a value that many think is being lost, but the truth is that it is not; there are always people who give without expecting anything in return.
At the same time, this is an attitude that has a positive impact on society and brings us closer to others, which is why it is usually considered an important value.
In this sense, here you will find a selection of the best phrases about generosity, commented.
- Related article: "Generous people: these 8 virtues take them far in life"
The most inspiring and memorable phrases of generosity
To promote this practice, we bring a compilation with the best phrases about generosity, which invite us to understand this psychosocial phenomenon and apply it to our lives.
1. With time and maturity, you will discover that you have two hands; one to help you and one to help others. (Audrey Hepburn)
We must strike a balance between helping yourself and others.
2. But the generous will think generosity, and by generosity he will be exalted. (Biblical saying)
The person who is generous comes to experience deeper personal connections.
- You may be interested in: "The 90 best integrity phrases"
3. Of all the varieties of virtue, generosity is the most esteemed. (Aristotle)
Generosity is a virtue that we all have, but that very few people consistently practice, despite its importance.
4. Not taking revenge on an enemy when the opportunity is found is a test of humility; the more to pity him when he has fallen from grace is the greatest sign of generosity. (Plato)
If you see someone who hurt you fall from grace, help him that will be your revenge.
5. Generosity, kindness, honesty and a sense of humor make us really rich. (Waylon Lewis)
Wealth does not only refer to money, but to the beautiful feelings that we harbor in our hearts.
6. I love how you can be both the most selfish and the most generous person. (Vera Farmiga)
We always have positive and negative feelings in our hearts.
7. The law of prosperity is generosity. If you want more, give more. (Bob Proctor)
If you want to be truly prosperous, apply generosity.
8. Calling attention to your generosity is to indicate that others are indebted to you and that you expect reparation. (Marvin Harris)
Never show off your generosity.
9. It is convenient, on the one hand, to be generous when it is given and, on the other, not to show harshness in claiming what they owe us (Marco Tulio Cicero)
Try to give, but not to claim what they owe you.
10. The downside is that generosity can also be good business. (Hugo Ojetti)
Many people profit in some way from your generosity.
11. Joy is prayer, the sign of our generosity, our detachment and our inner union with God. (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)
Cultivate joy at all times.
12. For me, true generosity is like this: you give your all and always feel as if it didn't cost you anything. (Simone de Beauvoir)
Give everything without any regrets.
13. Generosity needs no reward; it pays for itself. (Hippolyte de Livry)
When you are generous, you don't think about the reward.
14. The most generous people are those who give silently without hope of praise or rewards. (Carol Ryrie Brink)
When you practice generosity, do it in silence, that's what it's all about.
15. Generosity is not giving me what I need more than you, but giving me what you need more than I do. (Khalil Gibran)
We should not give what we have left over, but what we do not have in excess.
16. Be blessed. In the same way that you are transforming your life, transform that of others around you. (Paulo Coelho)
If you are generous, you will be an example to those around you.
17. Generosity is compassion in action, and it is love in action. (Barbara Bonner)
Being generous is an act of compassion and love.
18. A great man is known for three signs: generosity in design, humanity in execution, and moderation in success. (Otto Von Bismark)
Giving should not be an excuse to brag.
- Related article: "The 90 best phrases of honor"
19. For generous souls all tasks are noble. (Euripides)
A generous being is capable of everything.
20. Generosity is giving before it is asked. (Arabic Proverb)
Do not expect to be asked, give without fear.
21. Give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed, shaken and overflowing they will give in your lap; because with the same measure with which you measure, they will measure you again. (Biblical Proverb)
Do not think about what you give, do it without regrets, the reward will be great.
22. You have not finished living the day until you have done something for another that will never pay you back. (John Bunyan)
Seek to live your day applying generosity.
23. The lack of generosity when winning diminishes the merit and the fruits of the victory. Giuseppe Mazzini)
Not being generous also has its consequences.
24. The hidden root does not ask for any reward for filling the branches with fruit. (Rabindranath Tagore)
Seek to remain anonymous when doing a deed of generosity.
25. A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things that renew humanity.
If we all practiced generosity and compassion, the world would be so much better.
26. The main qualities that determine the perfect human being are patience, generosity, humility, courtesy, detachment, good character and sincerity. (Joseph Murphy)
We should all seek to have qualities such as humility and generosity.
27. If they ever don't give you the expected smile, be generous and give yours. Because nobody has such a need for a smile, as someone who does not know how to smile at others. (Dalai Lama)
Always smile, that is also a show of generosity.
28. It is good to give when someone asks, but it is still better to be able to give everything to someone who asked for nothing. (Paulo Coelho)
There are many ways to practice generosity.
29. There is only one way to be happy: to live for others. (Leon Tolstoy)
If you seek the happiness of others, your reward will be to always be happy.
- You may be interested in: "What is prosocial behavior and how does it develop?"
30. Grace must be part of the generosity of generous souls. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
It refers to the importance of generosity.
31. Of all the varieties of virtue, generosity is the most esteemed. (Aristotle)
A generous person is very loved.
32. It is in giving what we receive. (San Francisco de Asis)
If you want to be prosperous, then start by being generous.
33. The best way to be remembered is by showing a generous heart. (George Sand)
As long as you are generous, there will be joy in your heart.
34. True generosity is an offering; given freely and out of love. No strings attached. No expectations. (Suze Orman)
When you are generous, don't pretend to be recognized.
35. Generosity is what keeps things from taking over us.
If you want to live free from ties, then put generosity into action.
36. Be generous and have courage. (Hayley Atwell)
Generosity requires a lot of courage.
37. Generosity is giving more than you can. (Khalil Gibran)
Never give something that is left over, but focus on giving what you don't have.
38. The greatest act of generosity is planting trees under whose shade you will never sit. (David Strathairn)
Do not expect anything when you do an act of charity.
39. A generous person experiences pleasure in giving and sharing his possessions with others without fear or selfishness. (Anonymous)
Selfless giving is an act of courage and true love.
40. And there is nothing as difficult as closing your open hand out of love and being ashamed of his generosity. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
Never regret being generous.
41. Although there are different religions, due to different cultures, the important thing is that they all agree on their main objective: to be a good person and to help others. (Dalai Lama)
Helping others is not a matter of religion, but of personality.
42. For generous souls all tasks are noble. (Euripides)
No task is difficult for one who gives selflessly.
43. He who is generous prospers, he who gives also receives. (Biblical Proverb)
Generosity is a win-win circle.
44. No worthy man will ask to be thanked for that which costs him nothing. (Terence)
Don't seek attention or fame when you do an act of generosity.
- Related article: "Psychology of gratitude: benefits of being grateful"
45. We must give as we would receive, with joy, speed and without hesitation; since there is no grace in a benefit that sticks to the fingers. (Seneca)
Giving is done without expecting any reward.
46. Love, in its purest form, is about sharing joy. (Osho)
If you have love, share love.
47. The heart that gives, gathers. (Tao Te Ching)
What you give with love, life rewards you a thousand times more.
48. You have not finished living the day until you have done something for another that will never pay you back. (John Bunyan)
Always seek to give without receiving anything.
49. No one has more love than the one who gives his life for those he loves. (Paul Claudel)
Seek to serve others in a selfless way.
50. Human generosity is a reflection of God's love. (Domenico Cieri Estrada)
If you are generous, God lives in your heart.
51. When you don't wait, there is no chance of feeling hurt. Everything that comes will be good, and if nothing comes, it will also be good. (Osho)
Don't expect to be rewarded when you give something, life will take care of that.
52. Generosity is not about giving a lot, but about giving on time.
Knowing how to listen is also an act of generosity.
53. For me true generosity is like this: one gives everything and always feels as if it has cost nothing. (Simone de Beauvoir)
Generosity should not weigh down.
54. Egoism is the only true atheism; the noble yearning, generosity, the only religion. (Israel Zangwill)
To be selfish is not to believe in love.
55. Calling attention to your generosity is to indicate that others are indebted to you and that you expect reparation. (Marvin Harris)
Don't divulge your generosity.
56. Generosity is produced in the heart, selfishness is approved by the mind. (Dr. T. P. Chis)
If you have a pure heart, then generosity abides in you.
- Related article: "What is love? (And what isn't) "
57. Give and take, right to hell without resting.
Do not take away what you give or reproach who you helped.
58. When our attitude towards ourselves is great and our attitude towards others is generous and merciful, we attract large and generous portions of success. (W. Clement Stone)
Be generous beyond measure.
59. Virtue and generosity are rewarded in an inscrutable way. (Nelson Mandela)
The reward of generosity is very great.
60. Generosity is the desire of those who want, following the opinion of his reason, to help others. (Baruch Spinoza)
Helping those in need should be a norm of humanity.
61. Since we have nothing more precious than time, there is no greater generosity than wasting it without taking it into account. (Marcel Jouhandeau)
There is always a time to help whoever needs it.
62. Your happiness consisted in giving, not obtaining. (Osho)
Bliss is found in helping.
63. In everything I have taught you that, by working in this way, you must help those in need, and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, who said: It is more blessed to give than to receive. (Acts 20:35)
Do not seek to receive anything when you give a help.
64. True generosity, in relation to the future, consists in giving everything to the present. (Albert Camus)
Don't put off the help and generosity you can give today until tomorrow.
65. Sometimes we give the name of favor to justice, and we believe in very good faith that we were good and generous when we have not been more than just. (Concepción Arenal)
Being fair is not an act of generosity.
66. When giving alms, do not blow the trumpet in front of you, as hypocrites do in synagogues and in the streets to be praised by men. (Saint Matthew)
When you help someone in need, do it in secret.
- You may be interested in:
67. Remember that the happiest people are not those who receive more, but those who give more. (H. Jackson Brown Jr.)
Happiness consists of giving and not receiving.
68. Where there is no love, put love and you will find love. (Saint John of the Cross)
You will only receive what you give.
69. My intention is to be generous of spirit and live with complete integrity every day of my life. (Deepak Chopra)
Being generous should be the way to go.
70. Gold, power and wealth dying you have to abandon, to heaven you only take what you give to others. (Eduardo Marquina)
Only good works remain in us.
71. Love how you can, love who you can, love all you can. Don't worry about the purpose of your love. (Loved nerve)
Love without measure.
72. Revenge is a pleasure that lasts only one day; generosity is a feeling that can make you happy forever. (Rosa Luxemburg)
Look only for what gives you peace and tranquility.
73. If we can make someone more joyful and happy, we should do it anyway. (H. Hesse)
Seeing those who help you happy is the desired reward.
74. There is only one way to be happy: to live for others. (Leo Tolstoy)
Happiness is also found in helping others.
75. The most generous tend to be the most humble. (Rene Descartes)
Humility and generosity go hand in hand.
76. Even karma rewards generosity. The good you do must be returned to you. (Chinonye J. Chidalue)
Life will give you everything you give.
- Related article: "70 phrases to change the world"
77. When I give, I give myself. (Walt Whitman)
In every act of generosity, a part of us stays there.
78. This is the power of life-giving generosity: doing good to others, simply because you can. (Jan Grace)
There is always a way to be generous.
79. Love never claims; always gives. (Indira Gandhi)
Everything you do, do it with love.
80. The falsely generous oppressors need the injustice to remain in order for their 'generosity' to continue. (Paulo Freire)
Make sure that your act of generosity is the product of your love and not of tyranny.
81. Generosity is not about giving a lot, but about giving on time. (Jean de La Bruyère)
Giving a little of your time is an act of love.
82. Let us teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, a kind language, and a life of service and compassion, are things that renew humanity. (Buddha)
Being generous is not only a matter of giving material things, but also of saying nice words.
83. There is generosity in giving, but gentleness in receiving. (Freya Stark)
When someone you have helped gives you something in gratitude, receive it with joy.
84. No one has more love than the one who gives his life for those he loves. (Paul Claudel)
Giving everything out of love is a great act of generosity.
85. Being humble towards superiors is a duty; to equals, a courtesy token; towards the inferiors, a proof of nobility. (Benjamin Franklin)
Always cultivate humility.
86. What you do for others will pay off. (Sinhalese proverb)
Focus on helping those in need.
87. Who gives a lot, receives a lot.
He who gives a lot receives a lot and he who gives little receives the same.
- You may be interested in: "Psychology of gratitude: benefits of being grateful"
88. Generosity, kindness, honesty, humor, it makes us truly rich. (Waylon Lewis)
Good feelings are the only wealth we must possess.
89. People who practice being thankful are usually more generous. (Lalney Garretson)
Appreciation is an act of generosity.
90. Where grace happens, generosity happens. (Max Lucado)
Generosity can be practiced everywhere.