Bob Marley's 90 Most Memorable Quotes
Jul 15, 2021
Bob Marley is perhaps one of the best known public figures of the last century and to this day, the deep lyrics of his songs, his messages of peace and love and his calm energy about life, made him a characteristic person in the middle of a chaotic world, already that he managed to stand out not only in his native Jamaica, but his message was able to connect in the hearts of thousands of people around the world. balloon.
To commemorate it, we have brought a compilation of the best phrases of his authorship that will lead you to reflect on life.
- We recommend you read: "30 phrases of love songs to dedicate to that special someone"
Bob Marley's most famous phrases
Through these quotes, you will be able to see the peaceful character of the singer and the depth that he devoted to the lyrics of his songs.
1. Love never leaves us alone.
Love is a great companion, especially if we love ourselves.
2. Cheer up, don't be bad.
Even if you have a bad time, other people do not have to pay for it.
3. It is better to die fighting for freedom than to be a prisoner every day of your life.
Would you rather live in freedom or stay in your comfort zone?
4. Rastafari is not a culture, it is a reality.
Referring to a movement that considered him an essential part of who he was.
5. When one door closes, even if you can't see it, another opens.
For this reason, we must always leave a bit of motivation within us and not let ourselves fall before failures.
6. Problems will always exist, so they must be overcome.
Instead of complaining about it, we should focus on finding a solution.
7. Until the color of a man's skin is not as insignificant as that of his eyes, I say war.
Racism has always been a problem of cultural segregation.
8. Sing without worrying, because everything will be fine.
Do not focus on your problems, because that will take you away from finding the solution you need.
9. Don't win the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than gold or silver.
Referring to people who become empty creatures with power.
10. If cat and dog can be together, why can't we all love each other?
What is really keeping us from getting along with each other?
11. In this bright future, you cannot forget your past.
Remembering our origins allows us to be grateful for what we have.
12. Until that day, the dream of lasting peace… will remain nothing more than a fleeting illusion.
Peace seems more like a concept than a reality.
13. Open your eyes, look inside. Are you satisfied with the life that you are living?
Are you really satisfied with what you do now with your life?
14. Take me with you when things go well for you, don't let me down when things go wrong.
We should have a similar energy when we go through a good time and a bad one.
15. One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you don't feel pain.
Music helps us make a bad day a little better.
16. I know I'm not perfect and I don't pretend to be, so before pointing your fingers make sure your hands are clean.
No one has the right to judge another person, unless he is a God.
17. In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty.
Many people waste opportunities because they are not the perfect one that they expect.
18. Excuse me while I light a joint, my God I have to take an elevator to go up to heaven.
Speaking of the almost divine power of the effects of marijuana.
19. Pity those whose chances are less, there is no place to hide from the Father of creation.
It is well said that we will all have to be held accountable at the time of our death.
20. They call me deluded because I say that my music will last forever.
In the end, he was not deluded, being one of the most important and influential figures in the musical world.
21. The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to positively affect those around him.
Material things give you status but not human integrity.
22. Do not fear atomic energy, because none of them can stop time.
At the time, all people could think about was the atomic energy revolution and its dangers.
23. Do not live so that your presence is noticed, but so that your lack is felt.
A great phrase that we must have as a mantra.
24. People believe that death is stronger than life, but we know that life is stronger than death. Therefore, life is the way.
Life is what matters, because we will do nothing once death comes.
25. Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, no one but you can free your mind.
Everyone has the power to educate themselves on their own.
26. It is your love that I seek. It's my love you're running from
Reference to an unrequited love.
27. With money you cannot buy life.
There are things that money simply cannot buy.
28. The meaning of my life is to find someone who appreciates her as much as I do.
Share with someone who is going in the same direction as you.
29. If you feel depressed every day, you are praying to the devil.
A metaphor to tell us to change direction if what we do is causing us more harm than good.
30. Keep what you have, forget what hurts, fight for what you want, forgive those who harm you and enjoy who loves you.
Simple steps to appreciate life more.
31. In your life you will find problems, and when you worry, they are duplicated.
When we focus our attention on problems, they will become more serious than they really are.
32. Do not forget your history nor your destiny.
We must not put our origins aside, but neither should we let them be an impediment to reaching the goal.
33. The man is a universe into himself.
Each person is unique and special, just like a universe.
34. Every man has the right to decide his own destiny.
No one should choose your life because it is yours, not theirs.
35. Who feels it, he knows it.
From time to time it is good to listen to our instincts.
36. My music fights against the system that teaches how to live and die.
Speaking of the meaning of his art, a place to escape the impositions of society.
37. The greatest cowardice of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without intending to love her.
Without a doubt, there is no worse act than cheating on a person with a fake love.
38. Your respect ends where respect for the other begins.
To get respect you have to give it.
39. The truth is that everyone is going to hurt you: you just have to find those who are worth suffering for.
We will inevitably get hurt, but there are people with whom we can work things out.
40. How many more deaths will it take to realize that there have already been too many.
How many more will have to give their lives for someone else's fight?
41. Bad people don't have a day off, how can I have it? You have to put light in the darkness.
Fight evils with acts of kindness. It is the best way to beat them.
42. They call me stupid for smoking marijuana, yet they call the creator of the atomic bomb smart.
Without a doubt, the world is full of disagreements.
43. You need to understand the deep meaning of the letters.
Each song is a story that deserves to be told.
44. You say you love the rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love the sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love the wind, but when it blows you close the windows. That is why I am afraid when you say you love me.
Many people tend to cheat just to sneak into places they can't get to on their own.
45. Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
There is nothing more to say about it.
46. Get up, stand up for your rights.
Make your voice heard among the injustices around you.
47. Some people tell you they care about you, others just tell you the truth.
It is not enough just to speak, we must demonstrate what we say with actions.
48. There are two kinds of dictators: the taxes and those who are elected, the politicians.
All dictators are politicians with dark intentions.
49. Prejudice is a chain that can bind you. If you are prejudiced, you will not be able to move, and you will maintain your prejudices for years. That gets you nowhere.
Prejudices are an obstacle that prevents you from seeing the full potential that there is in the world.
50. The day you stop racing is the day you win the race.
You don't have to impose yourself on someone else to be successful.
51. Demons can be overcome with something called love.
Again, the singer reminds us that bad things are fought with good things.
52. Wars do not bring anything good to people.
Wars only bring suffering and defeat.
53. The smile is the most beautiful curve of a woman.
The physique, although attractive, should not be the only thing that matters in a woman.
54. People who are satisfied are entertained. People who are hungry or afraid cannot be entertained. You cannot entertain a man who has no food.
People's priorities focus on their needs.
55. Trust those whose feelings remain intact, even when times change.
Feelings should only evolve, not regress.
56. Being happy is not that things are going well, it is that you know how to forget imperfections.
A great phrase that we must keep in mind.
57. Love doesn't need to be understood, it just needs to be demonstrated.
Love is one of the things that most require actions to be real.
58. God has sent me to earth. He has sent me to do something, and no one can stop me. If God wants me to stop, then I will stop. Man can never.
In this sentence we can see the profound magnitude of the singer because of his faith.
59. The good times of today are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.
Unfortunately, yesterday is always remembered with melancholy despite the joy with which it was lived.
60. You don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have.
It is in difficult moments that we can demonstrate our potential.
61. They told me that to make her fall in love I had to make her smile. The problem is that every time he smiles, I fall in love.
When we fall in love, we do it in a tailspin.
62. From the first moment I set my eyes on you, my heart says: Keep going. But now, I know I'm the last of your options.
Never give yourself to someone who does not consider you as one of his priorities.
63. My mother was black and my father was white, so I landed in the middle.
People are people, not a skin color.
64. I have no education. I have inspiration. If I was educated, I would be a bloody fool.
Talking about the restrictions imposed by the educational system regarding people's creativity.
65. Reggae is my heart. Reggae is my soul.
We can see all the love he had for his musical genre.
66. Is it love that I really feel, or is it attraction?
Sometimes we have to question what we really feel about a person, because otherwise confusion develops and damages are generated.
67. Don't treat me like a puppet on a string, because I know how to do my thing.
Don't let someone want to handle the strings of your life.
68. Freedom of expression also requires freedom to listen.
To speak, it is necessary to know how to listen.
69. If something can corrupt you, you are already corrupt.
There is great truth in this sentence.
70. I am not next to the white man, I am not next to the black man. I am next to God.
It is not about taking "the right side", but about finding a way to integrate everyone.
71. She may not be the most popular, or the most beautiful, but if you love her and she makes you smile... What else matters?
When you love a person you do it for who she is, not for what she has.
72. Hate me for what I am, I don't care, at least I'm not trying to be someone I'm not.
Don't try to change who you are to please others.
73. My life is only important because I can help others, otherwise I would not want it.
Whatever you do with your life, always remember to offer a helping hand to whoever needs it.
74. If you are white and you are wrong, then you are wrong; If you are black and you are wrong, you are wrong. People are people.
The singer emphasizes once again that people are not a skin color.
75. This is the music of the third world, a blessing, it is the sung news, the one that is not taught in school.
Music is appreciated no matter where it comes from.
76. Offering friendship to those who ask for love is like giving bread to those who die of thirst.
It is one of the greatest tokens of pity in the world.
77. We spend our lives waiting for something to happen and the only thing that happens is life.
Don't let life pass in vain. Do something that you can take advantage of.
78. When I look inside myself I only worry about seeing the right things.
Worry about doing beneficial actions that make you feel whole and without regrets.
79. I don't believe in death, or in the spirit, or in the flesh.
For the singer, it was useless to worry about death, since the only certainty in life.
80. Children must also be told the truth.
Although we must ensure a happy childhood for the little ones, we cannot take them away from the reality in which they live.
81. Love heartily when there is love to love, because the perfect person does not exist, but there is always someone who is perfect for you.
You know that the person next to you is the right one when you feel that you have improved as a person.
82. When you think you are safe, sudden destruction, collective surveillance to ensure safety.
Not always the organizations that are there to ensure our security do their job well.
83. Weak hearts will not prosper.
It's not about taking advantage of others, but about taking every possible opportunity that comes our way.
84. You have to be someone.
May your purpose in life be to be the best version of yourself.
85. Everything will be fine, even the smallest things.
It is important and even necessary to maintain a positive attitude at any time.
86. Fate is your own.
Each one has the power to create and walk for their own destiny.
87. If it made you happy, it doesn't count as a mistake.
Even if it didn't have a happy ending, if it brought you joy, then it wasn't a waste of time.
88. I have no religion, I am who I am, I am a Rasta and this is life ..
Don't hold onto a belief. Instead, seek to have an open mind so that you can appreciate all the possibilities in the world.
89. You shouldn't feel depressed about what happens to you. I mean, what happens to you is supposed to be used as encouraging, not depressing.
Do not let yourself be brought down by bad experiences, because there is nothing beneficial to do so. Instead, use them as learning for the future.
90. Don't worry, focus on the little things going well.
Little by little much is achieved. The same happens with a big goal that you want to conquer.