The 75 best phrases and reflections of Antonio Banderas
Jul 15, 2021
Jose Antonio Dominguez Bandera, better known to all fans of Spanish and English cinema as the charming Antonio Banderas, is a celebrated actor and film director that has captivated thousands of viewers with his romantic, dramatic, mystery and action films, but above all because of his melodious voice whose Spanish tone never disappears. Becoming an example of improvement and success in a world that seemed far away for any Spanish-speaking celebrity.
- We recommend you read: "The 50 most famous cinema phrases (that everyone should know)"
Great phrases and reflections by Antonio Banderas
To take his story as an example, in this article we bring the greatest quotes by Antonio Banderas from his films and from his authorship, which will serve as a reflection and life lesson.
1. Success is behind work and sacrifice, and then there is talent.
Talent is only a small part of achieving success.
2. Making movies is difficult and sometimes you get disoriented, even when working with a fantastic talent.
Talking about the challenges of his profession.
3. I cry at movies, you know, just watching movies.
A man who shows his sensitivity.
4. I think I am a romantic person, yes.
It also affirms his taste for romance.
5. America is still a project, and you are working on it and bringing in new things every day. It is worth seeing.
Your opinion on the United States.
6. I am not a big star. I am just a small planet.
A sign that, regardless of the circumstances, humility should not be lost.
7. The acting profession is like a roller coaster. When you find yourself at the top, you must not stop thinking that it will immediately go down again and go up again.
It is not easy to stay in Hollywood.
8. I'm lucky, that's all. Because there are a lot of people - producers, directors, ticket buyers - who trust me.
Referring to the fact that he knew how to take the opportunities when they arrived.
9. The secret is to be patient. Pay attention to the details of each day.
Patience is a virtue that reaps great fruits.
10. I don't like to over-intellectualize scenes that work. I tend to think that when you do that, you can lose it.
There are things that we must let flow.
11. My family is everything: love, respect, tenderness.
The family is the most sacred treasure.
12. You see a woman, 22 years old, dating a guy over 60, and it comes naturally. But if it happens in the opposite direction, everyone says: What is happening there?
Disagreements of society, according to the actor.
13. In Spain, people don't pay as much attention to the star system. But here in America, I can feel it.
Talking about the difference in attention he receives from fans in both countries.
14. I cry a lot, you know. Which is very difficult for a man to recognize, but I do.
Why is a man stigmatized when he shows the sensitive side of him?
15. It is specified in a word, in a concept, in an idea.
All part of a thought that is worked to become reality.
16. People think I am Donald Duck, and that I live in Disneyland.
An interesting analogy about himself.
17. In my personal life, I am very contemplative.
A more intimate reveal of Banderas.
18. I think comedy is one of the most serious things you can do in our day, especially in the world we live in.
Comedy has a special appeal that we always appreciate.
19. There are also a lot of fans behind the stars.
There will always be people who see you for what you possess, rather than who you are.
20. I've never liked seeing real life couples performing couples on screen or on stage. It takes me out of history.
Your opinion on the performance of couples in reality vs. fiction.
21. Always when you go to a new country and teach you bad words, you just say without knowing the value and people look at you because they do not know the value of them.
Insults are the easiest to spread in languages.
22. I have a lot of capacity for work and rest working.
There are those who find their work as their way to relax.
23. I try to teach my children to be open.
A teaching that many parents should give.
24. The face identifies us.
The face lets us see and express our emotions.
25. The simplest, the deepest, the most difficult. Love, that is the key, the answer to all questions.
Love will always be the answer to any act we do.
26. Recycling at my house was imposed by my children.
Children always have something valuable to teach.
27. I used to be afraid of women.
A very curious experience of the actor.
28. If you truly love family, you are indestructible, nothing can stop you.
Do you think this phrase is true?
29. I am proud of my blood and my roots.
We should all be proud to say our origin.
30. A couple of years after arriving in Hollywood, everything that was Latino was in, and years later, my thought is that we are no longer in fashion.
His vision on the Latino influence in Hollywood.
31. The world changes, we don't. Therein lies the irony.
Is it possible that people do not change?
32. When you feel very comfortable with an actor, that he is not doing anything.
The comfort zone never gets us far.
33. How can I do the right thing when all I feel is hate?
People blinded by resentment cannot see anything positive in the world.
34. When I was very young they scared me, but discovering the female universe was amazing and still is today as you never stop learning about them.
Unknown things scare us until we educate ourselves about them.
35. I think the problems of being older come when your body can't do what your mind wants. So, Houston, we have a problem.
Without a doubt, what weighs more about age is physical wear and tear.
36. I badly divide my time.
An evil that happens to many of us.
37. I often feel very guilty about the time I spend away from home and the little time I sometimes have for my children.
Many parents have this feeling of not spending enough time with their children because of their obligations.
38. When I make a political film, I make a political film.
Banderas doesn't beat around the bush.
39. Whatever happens in my life from now on, I know the day I finally die, the final act of my script, people will always make references to the work I have done with Almodóvar.
Almodóvar was not only an inspiration, but a great support in Banderas' career.
40. Not that he wants to praise me, but I am a very good paella cook.
What are you really good at praising yourself?
41. We are here to stay.
What we do will have an impact on the lives of others.
42. You don't need anyone's hiss.
A criticism against harassment in the street.
43. When you work in a different language, you are not so attached to the words.
It's more about being understood.
44. I remember in 'The Law of Desire', where I played a homosexual, that people were more upset than I kissed a man on the mouth than I killed a man. It is interesting to see how people can forgive for having murdered a man, but cannot forgive him for kissing one.
An anecdote that taught him the taboo of society.
45. The man who wants nothing is invincible.
People who are not blinded by ambition can achieve anything.
46. It has been an honor and a privilege to arrive in this country 16 years ago with almost no money in my pocket. A lot has happened since then.
A fight that gave him success.
47. I don't believe in any kind of fundamentalism.
Banderas also has its social leanings.
48. We are now integrated into American society and I don't like the buzzword, because it means it's going to happen. It's not like that.
Antonio Banderas is not a fan of fashion.
49. I don't know anything about God. Not from the Devil. I have never had a vision or learned a secret that did not save or condemn my soul.
One of the most iconic phrases of his role as a vampire.
50. To die you must first be alive.
Many people waste their time and appear to be the walking dead.
51. I have to admit that I am an agnostic.
Talking about your religious stance.
52. I have a spoonful of white tea in the morning. I read about this tea from the Emperor of China, which is supposedly the tea of eternal youth.
Flags and the guilty tastes of him.
53. This may sound a bit harsh, but I don't care about my career.
It is not disinterest, but a sign that he is not obsessed with his professional life.
54. Age is a state of mind.
Age affects you as you impose it.
55. Over time I became a film director and began to learn Spanish geography by traveling to promote the films I directed.
One of the pleasures that could be given in this new stage.
56. As far as I know after 400 years I am the oldest living vampires in the world.
Another of the phrases recognizable as a vampire count.
57. Picasso is a character who has haunted me for a long time and I always rejected him. He deserves a lot of respect because I am from Malaga and I was born four blocks from where he was born.
A tribute that apparently should be done.
58. I love the diversity of America.
One of the aspects that Banderas respects the most.
59. I don't think there is a boy who has played more homosexual characters than I have in my life.
A funny anecdote from his cinema.
60. One is only old when he gives up; when he pulls back. And I haven't done it yet.
Old age is not synonymous with defeat. It is just a new stage of life.
61. I really don't like actors who always plan what they are going to do next or always worry about doing something that goes against the image they have created. For me, that's almost like a fit of narcissism.
Another sign that, for the actor, humility is very important.
62. I love my country. And I would have to renounce my Spanish citizenship to become a US citizen.
There is no doubt that Antonio Banderas leaves aside his Spanish identity.
63. I'm lucky, that's all.
For him, luck is always on his side. A thought that we should copy.
64. I am a one woman man.
Banderas is a man who respects fidelity.
65. He traveled because he was successful. My knowledge of geography coincided with my expansion as a filmmaker.
Two passions that blended perfectly.
66. The nights when various pains coincide, those nights I believe in God, and I pray to him. On days when I suffer only one kind of pain, I am an atheist.
Many people suffer from this duality.
67. Hollywood is a very strong machine that needs, and in... especially with female actors, fresh meat. It's that cruel. But that's the way it is.
A reference to the dark side of Hollywood.
68. I wake up every morning, look in the mirror and ask, "Am I a sex symbol? Then I go back to bed. It's stupid to think that way. "
The irony is that if he is considered a male sexual icon.
69. He doesn't come to you unless you have something in your hand that he thinks might be food. They are very free animals, and I like that.
A reference to cats and his love for them.
70. I love the plain, the normal sense of humor Americans have.
Another aspect of American culture that Banderas loves.
71. I do yoga every morning, then I run for half an hour and take a sauna.
His exercise routine.
72. One thing that is clear to me is that I no longer want to work for money.
There are jobs that are done just for the satisfaction of doing them.
73. I've always been an optimistic guy, to tell you the truth.
Optimism is a factor that we should not lose.
74. If I look back I look old, but if I look forward, I feel very young.
Joviality is the state of mind that we must cultivate forever.
75. If bad things are going to be said about me, I have to put up with that. If I don't understand that he's part of being in show business, I'd better go work at a bank.
Banderas knows that not everyone is going to love him. There will always be someone who will criticize your work.