The 32 most outstanding Hans Christian Andersen phrases
Jul 15, 2021
The phrases of Hans Christian Andersen reveal a brilliant mind that evolved through his love for different types of artistic expression. It is in the world of children's stories where he achieves recognition thanks to works such as The ugly Duckling or The queen of the snow; the stories and reflections of this Danish writer are based on a language that is as direct and simple as it is revealing.
- You may be interested: "123 wise phrases to reflect on life"
The most remembered phrases of Hans Christian Andersen
Next we will review the phrases of Hans Christian Andersen that better reflect his thinking, a philosophy towards the natural and a subtle humor.
1. The angel plucks a large handful of flowers and takes them with them to God, where the flowers bloom more than ever on earth
This phrase by Hans Christian Andersen refers to what transcends the eternal.
2. Every man's life is a fairy tale written by the hand of the lord
In this sentence we try to give a divine and poetic touch to our lives.
3. To travel is to live
A reflection on the life trajectory.
4. Enjoy life. There's a long time to be dead
In simple words he talks about the need to spend more time on the present.
- Related article: "What to do to live in the present"
5. Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale
In his stories, Hans Christian Andersen only wanted to express his perception of life.
6. Most of the people walking behind me will be children, so I will keep the steps short
On the example that we are leaving in those who are still starting.
7. My life is a beautiful, happy and eventful story
The writer openly shows us his position in life.
8. Rome is like a book of fables, on every page you meet a prodigy
A way to value this city.
9. Where words fail, music speaks
Music as a way of expressing emotions.
10. When the bird of the heart begins to sing, too often reason paralyzes our ears
One of Hans Christian Andersen's phrases in which there is talk of the clash between reason and emotions.
- You may be interested: "Are we rational or emotional beings?"
11. "Simply living is not enough", said the butterfly, "one must have sun, freedom and a little flower"
An analogy about living.
12. The whole world is a series of miracles, but we are so used to them that we call them ordinary things.
This phrase by Hans Christian Andersen brings us closer to how we value the simple but important aspects that life gives us.
13. Everything you look at can become a fairy tale and you can get a story from everything you touch
An invitation to use creativity and the various resources you can use.
14. Death walks faster than the wind and never returns what it has taken
Quote by Hans Christian Andersen about death and what it entails.
- Related article: "55 phrases about death and the afterlife"
15. Being useful to the world is the only way to be happy
When you find bliss, in the act of serving.
16. It doesn't matter if you are born in a duck yard, as long as you hatch from a swan's egg
The environment cannot determine what we are.
17. My life will be the best illustration of all my work
Another phrase by Hans Christian Andersen relating stories to the way we exist.
18. You are a dreamer, and that is your misfortune
When we are slaves of our best qualities.
19. I had never danced so beautifully; her sharp knives cut her feet, but she did not feel it, because the pain in her heart was much greater
When emotional grief transcends any other type of pain.
20. But shouldn't all of us on earth give the best we have to others and offer what is in our power?
This phrase by Hans Christian Andersen talks about generosity.
21. Traveling strangely expands the mind
By contacting us with different experiences we accumulate more knowledge.
22. He now he felt happy to have suffered pain and problems, because he allowed him to enjoy much better all the pleasure and happiness that surrounded him.
In this phrase by Hans Christian Andersen, the sacrifice that is made to achieve some objective is valued.
- You may be interested: "101 motivational phrases to focus on success"
23. When we get to the end of the story, he will know more than you do now
On the importance of knowing and living all the processes.
24. Since she couldn't get close to all these wonderful things, she craved them even more
What eludes us usually becomes our dreams.
25. Well that's not easy to answer when the question is so stupid ...
On banal questions.
26. But these are small problems, people will tell. Yes, but they are drops that have holes in the rock
Each person has a different perspective on things.
27. The good and the beautiful are not forgotten; live in the legend and in the song
About doing something interesting that will last over time, turning it into art.
28. Humans... they have souls that live forever, they live after the body has turned to dust. Soars through the clear, pure air beyond the shining stars
Hans Christian Andersen's phrases often delve into the feeling of transcendence.
29. But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers much more
When we lack ways to express our emotions, the regret is greater.
30. If you look down to the bottom of my soul, you would fully understand the source of my longing and, pity for me. " Even the open and transparent lake has unknown depths, which no diver knows
Each person keeps elements that are not so pleasant or interesting for others.
31. You have become the only thought of my thought, the first love of my heart: before I had no love. I love you like no love on earth was forged, I love you now and I love you always
Quote by Hans Christian Andersen about love.
- You may be interested: "The 4 types of love: what different kinds of love are there?"
32. A human life is a story told by God
Another phrase where the poetic and divine sense applies to life.