The 125 best inspirational phrases
Jul 15, 2021
In this article you will find the most memorable inspirational quotes of authors and historical figures as important as Albert Einstein, Leon Tólstoi, Hellen Keller, Pablo Picasso or Confucius. These small reflections can provide ideas or impressions that help to adopt a more open attitude and a more flexible mindset.
- Related article: "125 short positive phrases to live your day to day with optimism"
Great inspirational quotes
Following you will find a selection of inspirational quotes that will accompany you to continue in the fight to achieve your strongest aspirations and ambitions.
1. People often say that motivation doesn't last long. Well, neither does the bathroom. That is why it is recommended daily (Zig Ziglar)
This inspirational phrase invites us to update our motivations every day.
2. Go definitely in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined havingHenry David Thoreau)
There is no turn to give, go to your goal. Choose to live the way you dream so much.
3. When the need for success is as much as the need to breathe, then you will be successful (Eric Thomas)
Because every action or step will be focused on fulfilling what you want.
4. Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can (Arthur Ashe)
With this inspirational phrase, the tennis player tries to persuade us to take that big step to start our projects.
5. When I let go of what I am, I become what I should be (Lao Tzu)
A beautiful reflection about this in contact with our true essence, with our senses, needs and motivations.
6. Stay away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Little people always do that, but really great people make you feel that you can be great too (Mark Twain)
In this phrase from Twain, he invites you to surround yourself with an environment that encourages you to develop freely and encourages your growth.
- Related article: "The 56 most famous Mark Twain phrases"
7. If they offer you a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask which seat. Just get on (Sheryl Sandberg)
An invitation to do activities that you never thought to do because of fear or uncertainty.
8. Many of us are not living our dreams because we fear living our fears (Les Brown)
If we feel that this phrase is very related to our life, then it is time to reflect on our fears.
9. Limitations only inhabit our minds. But if we use our imagination, our possibilities are limitless (Jamie Paolinetti)
Use this tool that will give you too much information to update our life.
10. Logic will take you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere (Albert Einstein)
The imagination that is the fundamental piece for break down your limitations.
- You may be interested: "91 creative phrases to let your imagination run wild"
11. You take your life in your own hands and what happens? Something terrible, not being able to blame anyone (Erica Jong)
And it would also be wrong to blame yourself. Take responsibility for your actions with courage.
12. I did not fail the test. I found 100 ways to do it wrong (Benjamin Franklin)
It all depends on the perspective with which you look at things.
13. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new (Albert Einstein)
Errors are the sign that we are trying something. Don't hang your head at them.
14. To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing (Fred Shero)
Relax, criticism always accompanies the people who are constantly producing.
15. It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop (Confucius)
Each person maintains a rhythm of travel.
16. If you do what you have always done, you will get where you have always gone (Tony Robbins)
This inspirational phrase invites us to do something different to have different results.
17. Never in my life did I learn anything from someone who agreed with me (Dudley Field Malone)
We must be open to opinions contrary to what one expects, it is part of learning too.
18. Remember that no one can make you feel inferior without your consent (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This phrase can help you take control in the face of harsh opinions. Analyze the content of them but do not let them control you.
19. The best preparation for tomorrow is to do the best you can today (H. Jackson Brown, Jr.)
So get going and focus on now.
20. Change your thoughts and you will change your world (Norman Vincent Peale)
One of the inspirational phrases that talk about changing reality.
21. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be touched or seen, they must be felt with the heart (Helen Keller)
Beautiful phrase from this writer, that her own life was a source of inspiration.
22. Do not strive to be successful, rather to be of value (Albert Einstein)
Since there lies the transcendence and a strong base of our objectives.
23. You miss 100% of the shots you don't use (Wayne Gretzky)
One of those that you have not yet dared to give, out of fear or lack of security.
24. The definition of purpose is the starting point of all achievement (W. Clement Stone)
We must identify our purposes and what are we doing to achieve them.
25. Everything comes in due time to the one who knows how to wait (Leon Tolstoy)
Patience is a powerful weapon that will help us make the best choices.
26. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. (John Maxwell)
For Maxwell, the environment does not determine us, so there are many things to do.
27. He believes and acts as if it is impossible to fail (Charles Kettering)
About the passion for surrendering to make sure things happen.
28. Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm (Winston Churchill)
Without a doubt a phrase to inspire even the most inveterate defector.
29. Don't count the days, make the days count (Muhammad Ali)
So try to give them courage to make them more meaningful.
30. It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is formed (Tony Robbins)
So review your decisions before you go.
31. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them (Walt disney)
Nobody like Walt Disney to speak on this topic. His life has been an inspiration to many.
32. It's not about whether you get knocked down, it's about whether you get up (Vince Lombardi)
Because nothing is more important than continuing on the road, obstacles will always be there.
33. Put your heart, mind and soul into even the smallest acts. That is the secret of success (Swami Sivananda)
The passion that you give to your projects will be the engine that makes them work.
34. If you have everything under control, you don't move fast enough (Mario Andretti)
It is also important to be spontaneous and sometimes surrender to intuition.
35. Action is the fundamental key to all success (Pablo Picasso)
Without a doubt, this inspirational phrase will help you move forward quickly.
36. If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants (Isaac Newton)
It is important to plant on good foundations and these foundations are sometimes forged by great characters.
37. What great things would you try if you knew you were not going to fail? (Robert H. Schuller)
We know that all the ones you have wanted with all your heart.
38. Two roads ended in a forest, I took the one less traveled, and that has made all the difference (Robert Frost)
If the destination is the same, hmay the route be your ally.
39. When you come across a roadblock, take a detour (Mary Kay Ash)
This inspirational phrase encourages you to take a solution to adverse situations.
40. No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world (Robin Williams)
You have to choose what and who you surround yourself with.
41. The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but not vision (Helen Keller)
Vision uses the eyes of the heart and motivation.
- Related article: "Types of motivation: the 8 motivational sources"
42. I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust the sails to reach my destination (Jimmy Dean)
This inspirational phrase will motivate you to evaluate how you are carrying out your projects.
43. Start by doing what is necessary; then do what is possible; and suddenly, you will be doing the impossible (Francisco de Asis)
It starts with a small goal and then without rest to conclude a great project.
44. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage (Anais Nin)
Let's go for a bit of courage, because the road will be long.
45. It is during our darkest moments when we must focus on seeing the light (Aristoteles Onasis)
In this sentence we are invited to seek motivation, the reason for our path towards a goal.
46. The measure of what we are is what we do with what we have (Vincent Lombardi)
In that case we already have an idea of the value of oneself.
47. We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone (Ronald Reagan)
If we have the will and the power in our hands, let's do it.
48. We must let go of the life we have planned, in order to accept the ones that are waiting for us (Joseph Campbell)
Sometimes changing the plan is not a bad idea if the goal is always to achieve a goal.
49. Even if I knew that tomorrow the world was going to disintegrate, I would plant my apple tree (Martin Luther)
Because while there's life, there's hope, every minute counts until the time is up.
50. Your present circumstances do not determine where you can go; they just determine where you start (Nest Qubein)
Then there are no limits to get where your heart desires.
51. With self-discipline almost anything is possible (Theodore Roosevelt)
Otherwise the road would be slow and disconcerting.
52. Someone sits in the shade because someone planted a tree a long time ago (Warren Buffett)
Our fruits will be of benefit to someone one day, that inspires you to give your best.
53. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you do, you will succeed (Albert Schweitzer)
Nothing more fulfilling than doing what one loves. It is a way of thanking life for your talents.
54. What we need is more people specialized in the impossible (Theodore Roethke)
Those kinds of people that the opportunity in the obstacle.
55. Enthusiasm moves the world (Arthut)
Then let yourself be enveloped by that enormous power.
56. When you have a dream, you have to catch it and never let it go (Carol Burnett)
This inspirational quote goes straight to the issue you are still putting off.
57. It is not the load that breaks you, but the way you carry it (Lou Holtz)
Change the way, use your resources.
58. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make (Jane Goodall)
This happens when we are in control of our own life.
59. And here is my secret, a very simple secret: only with the heart can one see well; the essential is invisible to the eye (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
This phrase inspires us to always seek the value of a person who always lies in his soul and heart.
60. Do not wish it was easier, wish you were better (Jim Rohn)
And the best requires a little more effort.
61. The pessimist sees difficulty at every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in all difficulties (Winston Churchill)
It's just a matter of perspectives, check yours.
62. You must do the things you think you cannot do (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This is a challenge that you must consider.
63. Be brave enough to live creatively. The creative place where no one has been (Alan Alda)
Give yourself that space since creativity is a very fertile ground.
64. Do you want to know who you are? Do not ask. Take action! Action will outline and define who you are (Thomas Jefferson)
An inspirational phrase for people who question little and move constantly.
65. Perfection is not achievable but if we pursue it we can achieve excellence (Vince Lombardi)
This challenge is for constant people.
66. Create a beautiful place inside yourself and then start expanding it outwards (Bryant McGill)
This phrase will inspire you to work within yourself and one in a way to show it to the world.
67. What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
We must seek a balance where our actions are seen more.
68. Before I would die of passion than of boredom (Vincent van Gogh)
This phrase inspires us to surrender to that passion that governs our lives.
70. Make each day your masterpiece (John Wooden)
A beautiful phrase that Wooden gives us, that inspires us to make our days the best.
71. Make sure you put your feet in the right place, and then stand firm (Abraham Lincoln)
One of those inspiring phrases that express a vital attitude.
72. Human behavior flows from three sources: emotion, desire and knowledge (Plato)
One of the most important philosophers talking about what drives us.
73. The great goal of life is not knowledge, but action (Francis Bacon)
Interesting reflection on the main purpose that guides our actions.
74. The secret of your success is determined by your daily schedule (John C. Maxwell)
Progress emerges through small acts.
75. Life is the art of drawing without an eraser (John W. Gardner)
Nice metaphor to describe life.
76. A mind that has been expanded by experience never returns to its original dimensions (Oliver Wendell Jones Jr.)
What we live makes us more prepared for what is to come.
77. The experience is patience with the lit lamp (Tertullian)
A way of seeing the cumulative nature of knowledge.
78. There are people who have money and people who are rich (Coco Chanel)
Distinction that we often forget.
79. To begin, begin (William Wordsworth)
One of the simplest and most powerful phrases when it comes to motivating us.
80. It always seems impossible until it is done (Nelson Mandela)
The impossible is sometimes an artificial limitation.
81. Beauty is power, and the smile is its sword (John Ray)
Few such elegant phrases to talk about the power of a smile.
82. Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines (Robert H. Schuller)
That which seemed like an obstacle may be an opportunity.
83. If you fell yesterday, get up today (H. G. Wells)
An invitation not to give up.
84. The two most powerful warriors are patience and time (Leo Tolstoy)
Another of the inspirational phrases based on a metaphor, in this case to talk about other abstract forces.
85. He has the right to criticize who has a heart to help (Abraham Lincoln)
A reflection based on the notion of balance and justice.
86. Whatever you do, do it with all your heart (Confucius)
Aphorism of this important figure in Chinese philosophy.
- Related article: "The 68 best famous phrases of Confucius"
87. Colors are the smiles of nature (Leigh Hunt)
Nice appreciation of this facet of nature.
88. You will never win if you never start (Helen Rowland)
Another one of those invitations to start projects.
89. Be nice whenever possible. It is always possible (Dalai Lama)
Maximum life based on simplicity.
90. I'd rather fail at something I love than succeed at something I hate (George Burns)
An apparent paradox that, all things considered, makes sense.
91. That something does not do what you expected does not mean that it is not useful (Thomas A. Edison)
The unexpected can have unsuspected applications.
92. Autumn becomes a new spring when each leaf is a flower (Albert Camus)
The perspective we adopt can change everything.
93. Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow in its wake (Nathaniel Hawthorne)
The past leaves its mark on us even though it has technically disappeared.
94. Nothing becomes real until it is experienced (John Keats)
Opinion based on pure empiricism.
95. When you think positive, good things happen (Matt Kemp)
If we can see the good in many situations, we will be more receptive to opportunities.
96. In every form of life there is the desire for love (D. H. Lawrence)
Love seen as an almost omnipresent element.
97. Aim for the moon. If you miss, you could hit a star (W. Clement Stone)
Successes can be achieved indirectly.
98. Embrace the peace of nature; his secret is patience (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Observing nature can bring unsuspected lessons.
99. Good friends, good books and a calm conscience: that is the ideal life (Mark Twain)
A simpler recipe than you might imagine.
100. People can hear your words, but feel your attitude (John C. Maxwell)
Through the emotional route, people's hearts are more easily reached.
101. Imagination is more important than knowledge (Albert Einstein)
Through this mental capacity we can see totally new things.
102. Where there is no struggle there is no strength (Oprah Winfrey)
The clash of forces shows what we are committed to in our projects.
103. Retained happiness is the seed; shared happiness is the flower (John Harrigan)
If happiness spreads, the result obtained is much better.
104. A problem is an opportunity to do your best (Duke Ellington)
Another way of looking at problems.
105. A single ray of sunlight is enough to remove many shadows (San Francisco de Asís)
There are experiences capable of dispersing all kinds of sorrows.
106. It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop (Confucius)
In some respects, speed is overrated.
107. Leave your mind calm and contemplate what happens (Virgil Thompson)
The spontaneity of mental processes it can be surprising.
108. Nothing you wear is more important than your smile (Connie Stevens)
Attitude is everything.
109. Success is finding satisfaction in giving a little more than what is received (Christopher Reeve)
A way of facing life based on simplicity.
110. Happiness is not given; comes through our actions (Dalai Lama)
Passive attitude will not get us where we want to go.
111. The fruit of your own work is the sweetest (Deepika Padukone)
You live in a very different emotional way.
112. With the new day come new forces and new ideas (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Every day is a new chapter in our lives.
113. Only the wisest or the most stupid remain unchanged (Confucius)
A paradox about personal development.
114. Chase your dreams, believe in yourself and don't give up (Rachel Corrie)
Three tips in one.
115. Quality is not an act, it is a habit (Aristotle)
Another of the most remembered phrases of this thinker.
116. Humor is the greatest of blessings (Mark Twain)
An essential element to be happy.
117. Nature always wears the colors of the spirit (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Suggestive phrase about the natural.
118. Being aware of what is right and not acting is cowardice (Confucius)
A reflection with a moral component.
119. Develop a passion for learning, and you will always grow (Anthony J. D'Angelo)
Advice to gain in wisdom.
120. Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive (Matt Cameron)
A piece of advice that invites us to never stop cultivating ourselves and gaining skills.
121. If you lack ambition, do not lack the hobby (Jorge Céspedes Belzunces)
In case you are not a person with high aspirations, at least recreate yourself in everything you do.
122. It was fun, I would be wrong again. I wish I had wanted what I did not know how to love (Fito Cabrales)
A beautiful verse from a song by Fito y Fitipaldis.
123. Share with me a little room of silence, lend me your dream suitcase tonight (Manolo García)
From his song "A San Fernando", a classic.
124. May ingenuity find you working (Pablo Picasso)
Nothing better than working so that creativity makes an appearance.
125. Choose to be optimistic, you will feel better (Dalai Lama)
Another great inspirational quote from the Dalai Lama.