The 75 best phrases of Mike Tyson
Jul 15, 2021
Michael Gerard Tyson, more commonly known as Mike tyson, he was a famous American boxer born during the year 1966 in the famous neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York.
As one of the best boxers in history, this fighter's career stood out from the beginning, winning the heavyweight belt at the early age of 20. His appearance, character, and mastery of technique made young Tyson a truly feared adversary in the boxing world.
- It may interest you: "Muhammad Ali: Biography of a Boxing Legend and Anti-racism"
The best phrases and reflections of Mike Tyson
In the decline of his professional career this boxer carried out actions that left all his public with the mouth open, getting into the world of drugs, biting a rival or performing all kinds of acts sultry.
- We recommend you read: "The 65 best famous quotes of Michael Jordan"
Today, Tyson has found his place by leading a life as a celebrity in which he is very clothed. Do you want to know the best phrases of him? Below you can enjoy the 75 most famous phrases of Mike Tyson, one of the most feared boxers in history.
1. I'm a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I lose a star I grab a handful of clouds.
He knew very well that life had held a very special place for him in the history of sport.
2. When Jesus returns, these crazy, greedy, capitalist men are going to kill him again.
Tyson has always taken into account the figure of Jesus, in his difficult life, perhaps it was a way of being able to maintain hope for a better future.
3. I no longer react to a tragic event. A lot of bad things happened to me when I was a kid and some people think I don't care about anything. For me, it is very difficult to be emotional.
This boxer led a really complicated life, being able to get out of a neighborhood where people had no future.
4. As long as we persevere and endure, we can get everything we want.
Without a doubt, perseverance will be the key to achieving our personal goals.
5. I don't understand why people want to get rid of pigeons. They don't bother anyone.
It is something known to all his fans that Tyson is an absolute lover of pigeons, currently he has his own kennel from him.
6. Sometimes I feel like I wasn't destined for this society.
In his youth, Tyson found himself totally helpless by society, even going to prison.
7. Another thing that scares me is time. It is like a book. You have a beginning, a middle time, and an end. It is just a cycle.
Time is something that is enough for all of us, that is why we must make the most of our life.
8. I am a Muslim, but I think Jesus would have a drink with me. It would be cool. He would talk to me.
Tyson did indeed convert to Islam during his time in prison, and his Muslim name is Malik.
9. I am not Mother Teresa but I am not Charles Manson either.
People greatly feared Tyson, but outside of the ring he is a man totally incapable of hurting anyone.
10. I just want to be humble at all times.
Humility is something that we should all know how to cultivate and promote in our lives.
11. I try to put the right on the tip of his nose because I try to hit the bone towards the brain.
As a boxer, Tyson tried to be as deadly as possible, crushing his rival with one blow.
12. I just want to do what I do best. And it is fighting. I love him.
In order to become a heavyweight champion, you must necessarily love boxing very much.
13. If Jesus were here, do you think he would show me some love? Do you think he would love me?
Jesus has been a fundamental part of this fighter's life, even as he is a devout Muslim.
14. You come home and party. But then you have a hangover. Everything about it is negative.
We must be able to lead an orderly life to be able to achieve success, disorder only weakens us as individuals.
15. I am the greatest fighter in the history of sport. If you don't believe it, check the cash register.
This is one of the most iconic phrases of this famous boxer, at the peak of the sport Tyson felt totally untouchable.
16. I'm not much of a talker and I know what I'm doing. I put guys in body bags when I'm good.
Using psychology to instill fear in the opponent is something that this boxer was very good at.
17. Every time there is a revolution it comes from someone who has read a book about a revolution. David Walker wrote a book and Nat Turner did it.
Books are a really powerful tool and can greatly influence a person's life.
18. When I was in prison I was wrapped up in all those profound books. That from Tolstoy. People shouldn't read such things.
As we see in this quote, Tyson immersed himself in reading during his time in prison.
19. I've lived in places where those guys couldn't poop.
During his life, this boxer lived in real slums, something that undoubtedly marked him deeply.
20. I have malice in my heart when it comes to wrestling, but outside the ring I would not say something that a worthy man would not say.
Contrary to what many believe, outside of the ring, Tyson is a really friendly person.
21. I'm going to gut you like a fish.
With phrases like this, Tyson instilled fear in his adversaries.
22. When you see me break someone's skull, you enjoy it.
Boxing is a really brutal sport, your audience must be prepared to witness real battles in the ring.
23. I think I'll take a bath in his blood.
During his heyday, Tyson was a true "Knockouts" machine. Few could hold out two full rounds.
24. Tough guys don't last. They turn into dinosaurs.
Many boxers have short careers during their professional lives, boxing is a sport that punishes its practitioner a lot.
25. It's a miracle that I made it to 40 alive, but I was old too early and smart too late.
In his maturity Tyson regrets many things he did and said during his youth.
26. He was hoping that he would get up so he could hit him again and keep him under.
His rivals had it really complicated, the great Iron Mike would have no mercy with them.
27. Maradona is my favorite player. He is short, fast, strong, very intelligent and explosive. I can't talk about him off the pitch, because I've never met him personally.
Maradona was another great athlete of the time, who with his game also completely changed his own sport.
28. I just want to conquer people and their souls.
He only wanted to feel loved by society, the same society that had no compassion for him during his difficult youth.
29. I hope people are entertained and come to understand my story, as it is not a pretty story. There are many ugly things, like not knowing if my mother ever loved me or who my biological father is.
A truly inspiring life from which we could all learn something, his eagerness to excel made Mike Tyson one of the most loved and feared men in sport.
30. I know people don't like me because they want my money.
When you are a world champion, everyone wants to be your friend, is it because of your personality or because of your money?
31. One day a man will get a trillion dollar fight.
The amounts of money that a boxer can earn are really indecent.
32. I look around and I'm a mess I don't know why I do things.
Disorder was always something that accompanied this boxer throughout his life.
33. I'll go back and take what people owe me.
As an athlete, his ambition knows no limits, he wanted to return and become the champion again.
34. The problem in my life has been that I have always been addicted to chaos.
Without a family to guide him from childhood, Tyson did not know how to lead a normal life.
35. I know I will fly one day. My life is doomed as it is. I have no future.
Tyson had really tough times in his life, situations where being positive is impossible.
36. Drug dealers sympathize with me. They see me as some kind of pathetic character.
Drugs were one of the most negative factors in her life, addictions are always an obstacle to success.
37. Vegetarian food gave me the opportunity to live healthy. I almost died, I was on designer drugs, cocaine, I had high blood pressure and arthritis, but once I became a vegetarian all of that has subsided.
Being a vegetarian helped Tyson improve his health, this is a diet that we should all learn about.
38. I can inspire people on how to get money, how to be financially powerful.
During his heyday, this boxer went on to earn millions of dollars for a single fight.
39. I love hitting people. I love him.
When life is cruel to us, being able to release that tension can partly reward us emotionally. Sport can help us improve our mental health.
40. I think the average person thinks I'm crazy and I deserve what happens to me.
The attitude that Tyson displayed on many occasions during his career earned him a bad name in the majority of the public.
41. I know how difficult it is to be a woman, especially a black woman.
Racism has always been present in the life of this fighter, society must know how to get rid of this negative aspect.
42. I am happy not to be a phony.
Tyson has always shown himself as he really is, something he can certainly be proud of.
43. All I do is pray for inspiration, because I don't have a particular goal in life.
Having goals in life can help us choose our daily actions correctly, we must set goals and fight for them.
44. This is not a tough man's world. It is a world of intelligent men.
Great advice from the great Mike Tyson, we will achieve the goals we pursue by being smart.
45. I'm like you. I also enjoy the forbidden fruits of life.
His life can inspire us to improve ours and see where he went wrong, so we don't have to.
46. Some people try to get you out of slavery to be their slaves.
We must not fall into lies, certain people earn money by taking advantage of the virtues of others.
47. I can't change my past. Many things I did were not correct, but I see the future brighter.
We all want Tyson to achieve all of the goals that he is currently setting out to accomplish. Surely he can make them come true!
48. Anyone with a bit of common sense would know that if he hit my wife he would rip her head off. They are all lies. I've never laid a finger on it.
He has always shown himself incapable of hitting a woman, it would go against her values to do so.
49. My great weakness is my sensitivity. I'm a sensitive person.
Tyson's sensitivity made him a man very hurt by society, having to stifle his frustration with the use of his fists.
50. It is good to know how to read, but it is dangerous to know how to read and not how to interpret what you are reading.
In order to read correctly we must know how to interpret the words we read, otherwise we will not be able to understand them.
51. You cannot stay married in a situation where you are afraid to go to sleep because your wife might cut your throat.
Toxic relationships are something that we must abandon at the first change, making a mistake is human, but persevering in it is not.
52. True freedom is having nothing. I was freer when I didn't have a penny.
When we have great wealth we are less free than being poor, because there will always be someone willing to try to take our money from us.
53. I'm not the same person I was when I bit that guy's ear.
We all change over the years and Tyson has evolved tremendously as a person.
54. I intend to fight and I want to win. But my priorities are basically being a good, strong brother, and trying to be a father one day.
Our family is truly the greatest wealth that we all possess, we must be grateful for it.
55. I don't try to intimidate anyone before a fight. That makes no sense. Intimidate people by hitting her.
Tyson's blows were truly devastating, they could finish off his opponent in just seconds.
56. God lets everything happen for a reason. This is a learning process and you have to go from one level to another.
Life can be very complicated but with our effort we will succeed.
57. When I fight someone I want to break their will. I want to take her manhood. I want to rip her heart out and show her.
In boxing, both fighters try to destroy their opponent's morale. This is essential to be victorious.
58. I want to rip the heart out of him and feed Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip out their stomachs and eat their children.
Phrases like this earned poor Mike Tyson such a bad name.
59. Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth.
When they hit us, our pulsations skyrocket and our minds go blank.
60. It was the drugs. He only thought about drugs. I believed it was God, I felt like God.
Drugs are an extremely damaging evil for anyone, including the heavyweight champion of the world.
61. I'd rather be the first and have nothing in my pockets than rich and have the second place.
In order to be number 1 we must think like number 1, our dedication must be total.
62. I can not continue with this. I can't keep lying to myself. I'm not going to keep ruining this sport. It is simply my end. Was over.
One of the most difficult moments in Tyson's life was undoubtedly his retirement, something that no great athlete enjoys.
63. I have never been happy with boxing. It was a lifestyle in which I never felt completely comfortable. My dream is to be able to be remembered as Mike Tyson and not as a boxer.
Tyson now retired wants to be able to wash the image of him and that people know the most human side of him.
64. Many people even think that I am the best of all time. I don't think it's really the best of all time, but the reason people think about it is because I was willing to go places that no one else was willing to go.
Was Mike Tyson the greatest of all time? Perhaps with the permission of Muhammad Ali.
65. Deep down, we all want to be Achilles. The king of all fighters.
Achilles was one of the greatest warriors of antiquity, a great reference for any type of fighter.
66. I have it on my to-do list. Before I die, I want to go visit Achilles' tomb in Greece.
Achilles' tomb is currently a mystery, we hope they find it soon so that Tyson can visit it.
67. In the 80s, when he was a kid, he sang "I can feel it coming in the air tonight", when he wanted to be world champion. They were good times.
In the famous movie "The Hangover," Tyson sang this well-known song.
68. It took me almost 50 damn years to understand the meaning of the word thank you. 50 years to discover how to be kind to yourself.
As we can see, the human being evolves throughout his life, we mature over the years.
69. Luck comes when you are working hard, very hard and you are not getting anywhere. You're about to quit. But then boom! It happens and that's it.
Work is essential in anyone's life, luck only comes to those who are working.
70. The first time I got into a fight, it was because someone killed one of my pigeons.
Surely that man who killed one of his poor pigeons got his deserved from him.
71. Bruce Lee was the one who made us go outside, start fights, kick people in the head... Sometimes for no reason! Bruce Lee made us do it. After watching his movies, we all thought: I have to do that to someone!
Who doesn't remember the famous Bruce Lee movies? They were a benchmark for more than one generation.
72. Donald Trump is a very interesting and engaging man when you meet him.
In this quote we can see the affinity that Tyson feels for the current president of the United States of America.
73. Obama has been worth it, simply to see him become president.
The first black president allowed an entire community to be well represented in his own community, a milestone that we will all always remember.
74. Now, however, I am a hardworking man. I go to work, I come home grateful to have my children.
Today, this boxer leads the life he has always dreamed of, all of us fans are happy that he has been able to find his place in life.
75. My whole life is a regret. My actions, my behavior, many things that I have done in my life, especially as a fighter. Putting down a lot of fighters just to become a renowned figure and stuff. I wish I hadn't done that, I wish I hadn't said a lot of the things I said to other people.
As we can see, honesty is a quality that Tyson has always possessed, all of us fans of him hope that in the future, Mike Tyson will achieve everything he sets out to do.