The 40 best phrases of Whoopi Goldberg
Sep 13, 2021
Whoopi Goldberg, whose real name is Caryn Elaine Johnson, is known for being one of the best actresses in Hollywood, conquering both comedy and drama stories. In her history she has hits like 'Ghost', 'Sisters act' or 'The Color Purple'.
She has also participated in other artistic projects, such as music, where she debuts as a singer, in writing, as a presenter of tv and as the protagonist of a homonymous play on Broadway, thus having one of the longest and strongest trajectories on the screen big.
Here we will explore her way of thinking through a selection of the best phrases of Whoopi Goldberg.
- Related article: "The 80 best famous quotes of Leonardo DiCaprio"
The most memorable Whoopi Goldberg quotes
Being an example of work, perseverance and security, we show you in this article a list with the best reflections and phrases of Whoopi Goldberg, commented.
1. For whatever reason, all artists have self-esteem issues.
Many artists turn to acting to escape their troubles. Although if these are hidden, they will not be solved but will continue to grow.
- You may be interested in: "Do you really know what self-esteem is?"
2. Actresses can only play women. I am an actress, I can interpret anything.
Whoopi has no limitations when it comes to playing a role on the big screen. So we can see it in many facets according to each movie.
3. I really don't see communism as a bad thing.
Her opinion on communism. Maybe it's not about doctrine, but about how people carry it out.
4. When she was doing theater and comedy joint work, I felt like she had some talents.
The moment he realized his potential and found his passion. Which led her to be one of the biggest stars in Hollywood.
5. I am fighting the 'Black' actress label simply because it is very limiting in people's eyes, especially people who are making movies.
Our origins should not limit who we are, as we are much more than that. We are what we build throughout our lives.
6. Normal is just one cycle in the washing machine.
Everyone has her vision of what is 'normal'. Therefore, everyone has the right to live her life as they like best and make them happy to do so.
7. I forced myself to go to a screening, and when my name came up, all I could think of was, "Oh my gosh, how elegant he looks!"
At first she was not very confident in herself. Until he found out what he's capable of.
8. Things happen to you by luck, and if you happen to stay it is because you are talented.
There are things that happen by chance and maintaining them is up to us.
9. It is being willing to walk that gives you strength and power.
If you want to improve, you must keep learning, changing and moving forward.
- Related article: "The 70 best phrases about Power"
10. I am the American dream. I am the epitome of what the American dream basically says.
Proud of everything she has accomplished and what she stands for.
11. I am an actress. That's what I do. I'm not a stand-up comedian. I make characters. I'm very well. I'll be better. But right now I'm a very good actress.
Comedies don't define the type of actress Whoopi is.
12. When I started doing my shows at Berkeley I found that I could be fun on my own, I was surprised.
Discovering that her hobby gave him great satisfaction, beyond the scope of work and obligations.
13. You know, be an actress because you like to act. Don't be an actress because you think she's going to become famous, because that's luck.
The true motivation that an actor must have in his career.
- You may be interested in: "Types of motivation: the 8 motivational sources"
14. I am where I am because I believe in all possibilities.
A great reflection that shows us that we do not have to fear opportunities.
15. I used my imagination to make the grass whatever color I wanted it to be.
Whoopi doesn't cling to his skin color as a determining factor in his career.
16. I am an artist, art has no color or sex.
No profession should be limited by our origins or gender.
17. He had nightmares where when he appeared, a little laugh ran through the audience and grew and grew until it became a terrible roar of laughter.
Talking about the fear of facing the stage and the audience.
18. Because if you are a successful human being, everything else is gravy, I think.
It all starts when we have confidence in our own abilities.
- Related article: "Self-confidence: discover the 7 keys to improve it"
19. He said it could come from anywhere and be whatever it wants in this country. That is exactly what I have done.
Proving that dreams can come true, when we want them to.
20. We are born with success. It is only others who point out our mistakes, and what they attribute to us as failure.
Everyone has the potential to achieve the goal that is proposed.
21. When you are nice to someone in trouble, you expect them to agree and be nice to someone else. And it's going to be like wildfire.
Acts of kindness are not charged.
22. Art and life are subjective. Not everyone will dig what I dig, but I reserve the right to dig.
Each one observes life according to his own perspective.
23. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Changes should draw a best version of ourselves.
- You may be interested in: "Personal Development: 5 reasons for self-reflection"
24. What was good for you 25 years ago may not be good for you now. So, to keep in touch with that, I think that's the first ingredient for success.
to move forward it is necessary to adapt to changes and learn from the things we live.
25. The art of acting is being different from who you are.
A reflection on what it means to act.
26. We are here for a reason. I think part of the reason is to throw little torches to guide people through the dark.
Take time to figure out what it is you want to do and work towards it.
27. Cities find it as difficult as business houses to rise again from ruin.
There are places that can sink and never recover again.
28. The actors have no color. That is the art form.
All actors must be the same as chameleons and adapt to their roles.
29. I don't have hobbies like some people. I have entire kennels of irritation.
Talking about his character.
30. But I really want to be accepted as a good actor, and I have to admit it. Just before the first screenings of The Color Purple, I had some doubts about my name.
A sample of his insecurity about continuing with his career. But that didn't stop her from continuing to grow and make a name for herself in the industry.
31. The normal is in the eye of the beholder.
Everyone lives his life in his own way. As long as you don't harm others and make you a better person.
32. For many, many, many years, there were no Jews in Israel. Ok?
A strong view on the ongoing conflict is Israel and its dispute over her sacred lands.
33. Africans know that I am not African. I am American. This is my country. My people helped build it and we have been here for centuries.
A reference to its true roots. Although he has an ancestry, his home is the country where he was born.
34. I want Carl Sagan to explain heaven to me.
Wanting an explanation of the universe from one of the greatest experts on the subject.
- Related article: "The 30 best phrases of Carl Sagan (universe, life and science)"
35. After about a year my mother said, "They won't take you seriously if your name is Whoopi Cushion. Try this combination: Whoopi Goldberg "
The origin of her stage name. Which stemmed from a criticism that she put a complete turn on for her benefit.
36. Comicastra born, that in essence I am.
Making a reference to its own essence. The inner nature must never be hidden.
37. Well, when I was nine, Star Trek came on, I looked at it and went screaming around the house. 'Come on mom, everyone, come quickly, come quickly, there is a black lady on TV and she is not a maiden!'
The first contact he had with television that hooked him and made him see that everything is evolving. The change in the female role on television was quite flattering.
38. Just tell me black, if you want to call me something.
Without adorning her skin color. We should not feel more or feel less just because of our skin tone. That does not exalt or minimize us.
39. Above all, these days I don't like the idea that if you are a black person in America, then you should call yourself an African American. Listen, I have visited Africa and I have news for everyone: I am not African.
The fact of having a specific skin color does not imply that we should cling to the characteristics of a particular ethnic group that we do not know.
40. I am as American as Chevrolet.
The origins that you know, respect and of which you are proud.