The 80 best phrases of Javier Bardem
Dec 03, 2021
Javier Bardem is one of the great Spanish actors most recognized in the world. He was born in La Palmas de Gran Canaria in 1969 into a family of actors. That is why from a very young age he began to get involved in this world. Rugby was his first passion where he stood out, managing to participate in the youth categories of the Spanish team in the 80s.
This Spaniard began his professional career at the hands of Pedro Almodóvar, but later, thanks to his talent and professionalism, he managed to make his way on his own, until he became one of the great actors at the international. He has participated in large film productions. Among these are: ‘It is not a country for old men‘, ‘Mar Adentro’, ‘Jamón Jamón’, ‘Before Nightfall 'or‘ Biutiful'.
- We recommend you read: "The 75 best phrases and reflections of Antonio Banderas"
Great quotes and reflections by Javier Bardem
To better understand the life of this great actor of the seventh art, we have brought a compilation with the best phrases of Javier Bardem.
1. Only unfulfilled love can be romantic.
In this sentence, Bardem emphasizes the importance of maintaining romanticism within a relationship, despite the years.
2. I'm happily married.
Marriage is something enigmatic and that is why it must be cultivated every day.
3. I don't like to talk about my personal life.
It is very important that people's private lives be respected, since the family environment is what really matters.
4. Life is not perfect.
Perfection does not exist, that is why you have to accept life with its good parts and those that are not so many.
5. People were born in refugee camps and they are getting tired of it.
Unfortunately, there are parts of the world where the armed conflict does not stop.
6. I enjoy my job as long as I can create a character, otherwise it's boring.
You always have to do what you like and put all your energy into it.
7. I respect people's faith, but I don't respect their manipulation of that faith to create fear and control.
Each person is free to believe in what he wants, but you do not have to manipulate anyone to believe in it.
8. We live in a world of denial, and we no longer know what the truth is.
Denial is always present in our lives, a situation that leads nowhere.
9. Every time I wake up, I look like someone is hitting me.
Physical beauty does not describe who you really are.
10. I believe in people.
Trusting people even when they don't know each other is a way of believing that goodwill still exists.
11. This great imperialist world called the United States has made us believe that an Oscar is the most important thing in the world for an actor. But if you think about it for five minutes, you realize that it can't be.
The talent of a person must always be recognized and not only through an award or recognition.
12. When I look at myself at 14 I can put my hands on my head and think, 'How could I have done that? But at the time, did it make sense to me? '
The years go by and when remembering what was done in the past, there may be a certain melancholy.
13. The middle and working classes are paying off the debt that financial markets created.
Bad financial decisions only serve to create more poverty.
14. Everyone in Spain is fed up with me. But in America, there is curiosity about the new kid on the block who doesn't speak English very well.
New paths always bring uncertainty.
15. Now, there are so many films, so many festivals and so many awards going on, each one judging against each other, as if his work is worse than others and that is not fair. How can you know what is the best and the worst of these awards? We are talking about art.
There will always be people who judge your work for better or for worse.
16. I retired from rugby because I was old and getting very slow.
Sport is a profession that as you get older, it is already obsolete.
17. I look at myself and I see a Spanish person who is trying to be understood by an audience of speaks English and is putting a lot of energy into it, rather than expressing himself freely and feeling comfortable.
It is important to be proud of who we are and let others see us as an example.
18. An award doesn't necessarily make you a better actor.
Accolades don't always go to the right person.
19. Age has no reality except in the physical world. The essence of a human being is resistant to the passage of time.
Age is not a reflection of what a person is truly worth.
20. The award is important to attract people to the movies. That is the only main meaning of any award.
Receiving an award is important since it reflects all the sacrifice that is made to achieve the goal.
21. You do the same when you are 20 years old. And now, when you look at people who are 20 years old, you ask yourself: 'Was it like that? Was it really like that? '
The memories of times already lived are nostalgic.
22. The attention makes me feel vulnerable, which is something I haven't felt in a long time. But I like it.
For many people, being the center of attention can be strange, but at the same time enjoyable.
23. The fact that I like to make characters does not mean that I like to see how my characters are made, my acting.
Our work must be evaluated by experts in the field.
24. When you represent someone who has a very specific emotional weight, you feel like you are really starting to leave your own body and go somewhere else.
The acting work requires great concentration and emotional contribution, for which it is worthy of admiration.
25. The background, your own history, is much more important than what you can achieve as a professional.
Never forget where we come from.
26. Sometimes I say to myself, what are you doing in this absurd job? Why don't you go to Africa and help people? But I can't help people, because I'm a hypochondriac.
We cannot always help others.
27. I'm a big believer in stunt doubles. They do an amazing job.
Recognizing the work of others is what makes us great people.
28. I don't really have any formula for the choices that I make.
Personal decisions must be personal to each person.
29. You don't need a man, you need a champion.
Life is full of moments where hard work, dedication and determination allow us to achieve the proposed objectives.
30. When you put gas in your car, you are making a political statement, because you are supporting the empires that control and continue to destroy some countries.
This phrase refers to the great damage that countries do to the environment.
31. Celebrity is very rare.
Everything in life has its positive and negative side.
32. Some quality performances and movies have a chance to be rewarded, but it's not like it's a bible.
An award does not reflect the quality of a job, in many cases they are just bureaucratic practices.
33. He used to be a good party boy. I'm old. I am an old man. You pay the consequences. I'm fine with a couple of drinks, no more than that.
As you enter maturity, priorities change.
34. I have a man and a woman in the same body; I have the masculine and feminine values in the same body.
It refers to how important respect for others is.
35. The personal is something I've never talked about. And I will never do it.
You don't have to tell everyone everything about yourself.
36. I don't really care where the movies come from, as long as they're worth making.
What really matters is that what we do pays off.
37. I was raised not to be afraid to show emotion or imagination.
Showing feelings and emotions is not a sign of weakness.
38. Many people do not have the option to choose their friends and the people by whom they are being manipulated. Thank goodness I have that option.
Choosing true friends can be a daunting task.
39. Imagine the situation between Israel and Palestine. It is a great disaster. You can be on one side or the other. But what is clear is that there is an urgent need for a solution there and that it has been going on for so long.
Conflicts must be resolved quickly, otherwise it becomes a difficult cancer to defeat.
40. But don't call me an actor. I am just a worker. I'm an artist. Don't say that what I'm doing is art.
It is essential that we love what we do.
41. My work is public. But that's it. When you are not working, you have no obligation to be public.
An actor also has a private life that he wants to maintain as such.
42. I can use my judgment and choose.
Knowing how to choose correctly is not always easy.
43. You want to do your job well so that people in the future will say: Okay, not bad, let's hire you.
It is important to do our job well.
44. I want to act because I don't know how to do anything else.
We must always follow our vocation.
45. I don't know how to drive a car.
A very curious fact from the artist.
46. I have this problem with violence. I've only made one movie in almost 20 years where I killed people. It's called Perdita Durango.
Many times we do something that we don't like.
47. I will work with a director who has good material because at the end of the day, that's what he counts.
It is important to surround yourself with smart and capable people.
48. All I can do is act, but it's not something that makes me feel comfortable. It costs me a lot, because I'm a shy person, even if I don't see it.
They have a bit of shyness, it is something that is always striking.
49. What does my performance have to do with Russell Crowe's? Any. If I play Gladiator and we all play Gladiator with Ridley Scott in the same amount of time, maybe we get a chance to see who did better.
Each person has a gift to do his work.
50. I don't believe in stereotypes. Most of the time, stereotypes are just that.
Don't let others tell you what to do.
51. I'm very proud of the movie, but it felt weird doing that.
It may be that by doing something that is not in our comfort zone, we feel strange.
52. I really don't see any of this.
When there is something that does not concern us, it is better to let it pass.
53. But I remember the moment my father died. He wasn't a very committed Catholic beforehand, but when it happened, it suddenly all felt so obvious: Now I believe that religion is our attempt to find an explanation, so that we feel more protected.
Faith provides relief in difficult times.
54. They hit me emotionally and physically in the stomach. This is not a place where you go and hand over the lines and then come back.
There are situations that hit us very hard.
55. I have always said that playing rugby in Spain is like being a bullfighter in Japan.
Rugby in Spain is not very popular.
56. And the whole Oscar thing, that's just surreal: you spend months and months doing promotions, and then you come back to reality with this golden thing in your hands. You put it in the office and then you just have to look at it sitting on the shelf. And, after about two weeks, you say: What is that doing there?
Every moment is temporary, only the experience remains and move on.
57. There is no middle ground in Hollywood; you are a failure or you are a success. That mentality is wild.
It refers to how complicated Hollywood is.
58. I can't imagine what it would be like to be James Bond 24 hours a day. That must be exhausting.
Each person is adapted to carry out their daily activities.
59. It's a kind of life-changing experience. But it can't get better than this for any actor: it's like an opera.
All experience is an apprenticeship.
60. When you know that people are truly at peace with who they are and what they do, they collaborate and want to help you improve.
It is important to accept ourselves as we are to be able to do it with others.
61. The great thing about being an actor, and the gift of being an actor, is that you are beautifully compelled to see the world through different eyes.
Through acting, you learn to look from another point of view.
62. When I was born, there was a very isolated idea of what it meant to be male or female, and it belonged to one gender or another.
Society has become very changeable when it comes to gender membership.
63. I live in Spain. The Oscars are something that's on Sunday night TV. Basically very late at night. You don't watch, you just read the news after who won or who lost.
The time difference makes things quite complicated.
64. You know I don't like to talk about my personal life.
For Javier Bardem, his personal life is private.
65. We live in a time when this whole movie business is crazy.
The movie industry is a very profitable business.
66. My truth, what I believe, is that there are no answers here and if you are looking for answers you better choose the question carefully.
Opinions don't change easily.
67. I really thank whoever is up there for giving me the opportunity to be loved.
Being grateful is essential, because we can have much more than other people.
68. We actors always say how difficult and physically demanding a role was. But give me a break, it's just a movie.
The job of an actor is not easy at all.
69. The awards were made in Hollywood, anytime it was created. They are to promote the movies of others. You give me an award, I give you an award and people will believe that we make great movies and they will go to see them. It is still the same.
Bardem sees the Oscars as an advertising strategy.
70. I've always said that I don't believe in God, I believe in Al Pacino.
Everyone is free to believe in whomever they please.
71. Even in the darkest regions, people have discovered their right to freedom.
Freedom is a right that cannot be negotiated.
72. There is no good side to celebrity.
Being recognized can be fascinating, but it also has a negative side.
73. Bond is the longest-running franchise and there's a reason for that - they're action movies, but they're also touched by current events without being political or overly serious.
It refers to how important the James Bond sagas have been.
74. We live in the so-called "first world", and we can be first in many things like technology, but we are after empathy.
The world advances, but it diminishes in empathy.
75. If I ever get a phone call that says Would you like to work with Al Pacino? I would go crazy.
Al Pacino is one of Javier Bardem's idols.
76. My concern is to continue respecting my work as I have done since I started as an actor and I could only do it if I'm strong enough to keep doing what I think is best in a way artistic.
Respect for the profession that is exercised is something fundamental that you have to have.
77. I think we are living in selfish times.
Selfishness is a feeling that is ruling the world.
78. Sometimes you have to go through very strong emotional journeys and then come back to yourself. And that can be difficult to control.
Human emotions are difficult to control.
79. A life that denies freedom is not life.
A chained life, it is better not to live it.
80. I do a job and I am lucky to do a job that I love, but it is difficult.
All jobs have some difficulty.