The 20 best phrases of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Jul 15, 2021
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791) he was one of the most acclaimed and remembered classical composers and pianists even in our time.
Born in the cradle of classical music, Austria, he developed a precocious and incredible career in which he encompassed any musical style of his time, from symphonic music, through chamber music, operas, piano pieces... his works had a diffusion that went beyond borders European.
- "72 phrases about music for music lovers like you"
- "The 35 best phrases of Ludwig van Beethoven"
Mozart quotes about music, creativity and life
To try to understand the brilliant creative mind of the master of Classicism, we have proposed to make a compilation of the best phrases of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Pure talent.
1. The most necessary, difficult and main thing in music is time.
Great phrase by Mozart about the essential element for a correct musical composition.
2. I am not interested in praise or criticism, it is enough for me to follow my own feelings.
About his ego, based on what he believed was necessary for his emotional side.
3. Music is the only way to the transcendent.
He famously cites foreboding: his scores left an incomparable and immortal legacy.
4. Melody is the essence of music.
Another reflection on the art that he mastered.
5. If Germany, my beloved homeland, of which you know I am proud, does not accept me, then I must, in the name of God, stay in France or England and feel ashamed of Germany as nation.
About what he always considered as his second nation.
6. In Salzburg I don't know who I am, I am everything and sometimes nothing, but I don't ask so much, and at the same time I only ask that - but only something... If I am just something somewhere else I would know.
About his hometown, Salzburg, in a convoluted explanation.
7. The only thing I dislike about Salzburg, and I tell you with all my heart, is that no proper social relationship can be established with those people, and that the music does not have a better reputation and that the archbishop does not have faith in the intelligent people who have traveled.
A small reproach to the city that gave birth to him.
8. If the emperor wants me, let him pay me, because just the honor of being with him is not enough for me.
A taste of his restraint pride.
9. Death, to call it by its name, is the real purpose of our life. That is why for a few years now I have made a relationship with this true friend of man.
A particular vision about death. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart died at the young age of 35.
10. There is only one thing worse than a flute, two flutes.
Pessimistic vision of Amadeus when he was commissioned to compose The magic Flute.
11. A priest is capable of anything.
Mozart was critical of the estates of the Church.
12. Neither a sublime intelligence, nor a great imagination, nor the two things together make up genius; love, that's the soul of genius.
Feelings translate intelligence into a work worthy of admiration.
13. It is a mistake to think that the practice of my art has become easy for me. I assure you, dear friend, nobody studies as much as I do.
A tireless student of music, he could not bear to have anyone question his commitment.
14. After God is Dad.
The first authority figure, God; the second, the lord of the house.
15. Give me the best piano in Europe, but with an audience that does not want or feel what I play with me, and I will lose all taste for performance.
On the need for the public to surrender to genius.
16. Give my dog Pimperl a portion of Spanish tobacco, a good bread, and three kisses.
A nice phrase by Mozart that lets us see the most human and domestic side of him.
17. If I told you everything I do with your beloved portrait, you would laugh. For example, when I take him out of his dungeon, I say to him: good morning, dear! Good day, good day; brat, naughty, pointed nose, chichecito.
In the line of the previous one, taking out its most tender side.
18. In an opera, poetry must necessarily be the obedient daughter of music.
The hierarchy between arts, with the aim of achieving perfect harmony.
19. Nobody can measure their own days, you have to resign yourself. It will happen as providence wishes.
About death. One of those phrases by Mozart that alludes with a certain optimism to the idea of dying.
20. New friends, new pains.
Phrase about friendship, a necessary torment for the life of any human being.