The 50 best famous phrases of Freddie Mercury
Jul 15, 2021
Farrokh Bulsara, better known as Freddie mercury (1946 - 1991) was a British singer of Parsi origin, known for leading the legendary rock quartet What in.
Known for his virtuosity on vocals and piano, Freddie Mercury led Queen to the Olympus of rock, positioning his band among one of the most legendary of all time, along with The Beatles or Led Zeppelin, among other. Freddie Mercury is also responsible for such well-known songs as “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Somebody to Love”, “Crazy Little Thing Called Love”, or the anthem “We Are the Champions”.
- "60 Very Inspirational John Lennon Quotes"
- "The 32 best phrases of Ludwig Van Beethoven about music and life"
Famous quotes and quotes from Freddie Mercury
Freddie Mercury also collaborated with his admired Montserrat Caballé, putting the soundtrack to the Barcelona Olympic Games in 1992, despite the fact that he died in 1991 due to bronchopneumonia caused by AIDS, a disease that he contracted over the years 80. Without a doubt we are facing one of the most iconic musicians of the S. XXI.
Then, we review the 50 best phrases of Freddie Mercury.
1. I'm not interested in business.
Despite becoming a millionaire alongside Queen, Freddie Mercury only cares about the artistic side of the band from him.
2. I guess I've always lived the glamorous lifestyle of a star. It is nothing new. He used to spend every last penny.
Freddie, smug as he was alone, already acted the same with fame as without her.
3. If you see him there, honey, he is there.
Answer Freddie Mercury gave when asked about the meanings of his phrases
4. You know, I designed the Queen logo. I just combined all the creatures of our zodiac signs. And I don't believe in astrology.
Many people don't know that Freddie studied arts and that he implemented arts in his band.
5. Others don't usually like my interviews and frankly, I don't care much about theirs.
Phrase where Freddie Mercury makes it clear that Freddie did not feel pressure to like it.
6. I got my Arts Diploma from Ealing College. I did design and illustration.
Freddie Mercury had more artistic concerns than music.
7. I will not be a rock star. I will be a legend.
Phrase where we can see the degree of ambition that Mercury had.
8. Queen we will be together until the end.
And he didn't lie. Queen disbanded after the singer's death.
9. Women are like modern works of art. If you try to understand them, you will not be able to enjoy them.
Phrase for which today the British would be put in the spotlight.
10. I think my melodies are superior to my lyrics.
Freddie often said that his lyrics were pointless.
11. I dress to kill, but with good taste.
One of those smug phrases of the British genius.
12. On stage I am a demon, but I am hardly a social rejection.
Despite the strong charisma he possessed, Freddie had many insecurities.
13. I don't want to change the world with our music. There are no hidden messages in our songs. I like to write songs for modern consumption.
Again, Freddie has no qualms about downplaying his lyrics.
14. I'm just a musical whore, my dear.
Freddie felt like an object many times.
15. I don't consider myself a leader. The most important person, perhaps.
Freddie was aware of his weight on Queen.
16. I don't mind dying tomorrow. I have lived, in every sense of the word.
Freddie made carpe diem his way of life.
17. A concert is not a live performance of our album. It is a theatrical event.
Phrase where he makes it clear that his concerts were audiovisual experiences and not just "live music."
18. When I'm dead, I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance.
And wow he got it. Freddie is an icon of S. XXI
19. I don't like that my teeth are so prominent. I want to fix them, but I don't have time. Otherwise, I am perfect.
Phrase where Freddie makes it clear that despite knowing his insecurities, he does not forget his virtues.
20. Who wants to live forever?
Phrase from the emotional song "Who Wants To Live Forever?"
21. Money may be vulgar, but it is majestic.
Freddie was clear about the lifestyle he wanted to lead.
22. You can have it all in the world and still be the loneliest man, and that's the bitterest kind of loneliness. Success has brought me the idolatry of the world and millions of pounds, but it has prevented me from having the one thing we all need: a lasting loving relationship.
Being known to everyone in all places, Freddie found it difficult for anyone to see him without that “celebrity” aura.
23. The bigger the better, in everything.
Majestic phrase from the leader of Queen. Is it referring to something other than lifestyle?
24. I'm romantic, but I put a barrier around me and it's hard for people to come in and get to know the real me.
Freddie, in matters of love, used to find himself on the defensive because of the interest that he could generate.
25. I have fun with my clothes on stage; what you see is not a concert, it is a fashion show.
Phrase where he makes it clear that it was not only about the music.
26. The press hated us in our early years because we ignored them and they couldn't handle us, and that was also the case with Led Zeppelin.
It was well known that the press ignored Queen in her early years.
27. Love is a Russian roulette for me.
Sad phrase for a man who seemed to have everything.
28. My makeup may be falling off but my smile is still there.
Motivating phrase from the legendary theme The Show Must Go On.
29. I like leather. I like to imagine that I am a black panther.
Freddie was anything but discreet.
30. People get restless when he meets me. They think I'm going to eat them. But deep down I'm quite shy.
Fame can give that "untouchable" look, but Freddie could be very sensitive and introverted.
31. I am so powerful on stage that it seems I have created a monster. When I am acting I am an extrovert although on the inside I am completely different.
Phrase where the same as in the previous one stands out.
32. For people like John Lennon we would live in peace. For people like the one who killed him we live as we do.
Freddie dedicated the song "Life is Real" to John Lennon. He admired it very much
33. We are a very expensive group, we break many rules. It's unheard of to combine opera with a rock theme, my dear.
Many innovations come from mixes that have never been done before.
34. I like to be surrounded by splendid things.
Phrase where Freddie declares his love for grandstanding.
35. Excess is part of my nature. I need the danger and the excitement. I'm never afraid to get high.
He repeatedly talked about how much he hated monotonous and boring.
36. What will I be doing in 20 years? I will be dead dear! You are crazy?
And he sadly he was not wrong.
37. I am a mess with money; I just spend what I have
Before he became famous, Freddie was not a friend of saving.
38. I am very emotional; I think I could go crazy in several years.
Freddie was anything but a cold person.
39. It is a beautiful day, the sun is shining, I feel good and nothing is going to stop me now.
Motivating phrase where Freddie invites you to give your all.
40. The worst illness is boredom.
Freddie was pure entertainment on and off stage and he hated monotonous.
41. I thought we would be great, and we were.
Revealing phrase where Freddie says that he always aimed high.
42. People get nervous when they meet me. They think I'm going to eat them.
Freddie was aware of the strong person he represented to others.
43. I think I get along with most people. I'm sure I'd even get along with King Kong.
Funny phrase of the English musician. It was easy to deal with him.
44. Lennon is a genius.
Phrase of the song "Life is Real" where Freddie releases this compliment to the legendary musician of The Beatles.
45. One of my initial inspirations goes back to the movie Cabaret. I love Liza Minelli.
Freddie inspired much of his music in other arts, such as cabaret or opera.
46. When I listened to Montserrat Caballé I fell in love with her.
Mercury would manage to do a duet with the Spanish soprano shortly after.
47. No one else will get a single penny except my cats Oscar and Tiffany. Other than them, I'm not giving away any of my things when I'm dead.
Funny phrase where Freddie talks about his two cats. He also had another named Delilah.
48. Mom, I just killed a man.
His most legendary phrase about him?
49. Love is an old-fashioned word.
Sad phrase where Freddie longs for past times.
50. We have created a world to our measure to destroy it.
Phrase from the theme "Is This The World We Created?" where Freddie laments the damage that humans cause to the world.